port-orleans french quarter

brooke1

DIS Veteran
I am pretty new to this board, i am making plans for a trip to disney in may 2004, I had no idea that resort POQ was closed. does anybody know if its going to open by may 2004 as the same resort or another resort
thanks Brooke

It will re-open as the same resort, it is under going rehab. After they are done with POFQ, they will then start work on POR

Official word is that PO-FQ will be closed for 2 years. There has been no official word to the contrary. If you are interested in staying there, make your ressie at another resort and closer to the time you are going, call back and see if PO-FQ is indeed available at that time. That is how we got to stay there in Oct 2002.

If you don't get to stay there this upcoming trip, make sure you do stay there sometime in the future. You will love it.

:jester:

Read a post over on the resorts board. Someone tried making a ressie for POFQ in may 2004 and was told they were not taking ressies. :(
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Howdy,

My parents are heading out to WDW tomorrow. They did not have ressies for 18-21 so they made a call to see what was available. (they got the all stars Music) Anyway, he was asking what was available in Feb. When my Father inquired about Port Orleans, the CM said something kinda funny. She said that they may possibly open a few of the buildings in FQ around that time. My father wasn't even enquiring to FQ he was wanting Riverside. Just a heads up to see if anyone else can get some info.

Looking forward to the Mouse's House soon! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Originally posted by ztbz
One Rumor I heard was that it may Re-open as A DVC Resort.

Pretty doubtful given that OKW is just down the river and the brand new and massive Saratoga Springs Resort will be down the river and around the bend.

No, PO-FQ will not open as a DVC resort!

Can't wait to see the renovations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter