port-orleans french quarter

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by brooke1, Oct 9, 2003.

1. brooke1

brooke1 DIS Veteran

I am pretty new to this board, i am making plans for a trip to disney in may 2004, I had no idea that resort POQ was closed. does anybody know if its going to open by may 2004 as the same resort or another resort
    thanks Brooke

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

It will re-open as the same resort, it is under going rehab. After they are done with POFQ, they will then start work on POR

4. eeyore0062

eeyore0062 Guest

Official word is that PO-FQ will be closed for 2 years. There has been no official word to the contrary. If you are interested in staying there, make your ressie at another resort and closer to the time you are going, call back and see if PO-FQ is indeed available at that time. That is how we got to stay there in Oct 2002.

5. ChrislovesMinnie

ChrislovesMinnie <font color=FF99CC>All this clapping is giving the

If you don't get to stay there this upcoming trip, make sure you do stay there sometime in the future. You will love it.

:jester:

6. Pooh67_68

Pooh67_68 <font color=teal>My head looked like a brillo pad<

Read a post over on the resorts board. Someone tried making a ressie for POFQ in may 2004 and was told they were not taking ressies. :(
    :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

7. doubletrouble_vb

doubletrouble_vb Inspired

Is this a way to force people to try pop century?

8. FanofG00fy

FanofG00fy Mouseketeer

Howdy,

My parents are heading out to WDW tomorrow. They did not have ressies for 18-21 so they made a call to see what was available. (they got the all stars Music) Anyway, he was asking what was available in Feb. When my Father inquired about Port Orleans, the CM said something kinda funny. She said that they may possibly open a few of the buildings in FQ around that time. My father wasn't even enquiring to FQ he was wanting Riverside. Just a heads up to see if anyone else can get some info.

Looking forward to the Mouse's House soon! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

9. ztbz

ztbz DIS Veteran

One Rumor I heard was that it may Re-open as A DVC Resort.

10. MelissathePooh

MelissathePooh Disney Regular

Pretty doubtful given that OKW is just down the river and the brand new and massive Saratoga Springs Resort will be down the river and around the bend.

11. eeyore0062

eeyore0062 Guest

No, PO-FQ will not open as a DVC resort!

Can't wait to see the renovations!