Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Sending letters, calling, or faxing doesn't help to get requests met. Most resorts no longer look at faxes, and in fact only look to see what is noted on the reservation.

Unless you are paying for a certain room category, asking for a specific floor or location is just a request, and cannot ever be guaranteed. Rooms are not assigned until a few days before you are due to arrive, and even then rooms can be changed. The best way to look at it is to be happy if you get a request met, and not be upset if it doesn't. If they can't accommodate you they can't accommodate you, though they usually do try. And it should never be held against a resort if they can't meet a request.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Not a regular in this thread I guess. :)

But you're right, even though the POR room assignment team most definitely do read and action faxed requests if they can, there are still no guarantees.

Andre

4. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Well, when you travel with a disabled person, "good enough" is not really the point. The issue is making sure we are not in a situation that could end up with dh in the ER. Lack of sleep results inTIAs for him.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Actually POR and POFQ are the only resorts that do still read and use faxed requests. Some may even get an email from the room assigner confirming their requests have been met. Totally agree they are just requests and should not be counted on.

6. maxiesmom

I knew POR looked at faxes but I was unaware POFQ did so. Still they do not guarantee the requests will be met.

7. maxiesmom

If you are traveling with someone disabled you should book through the Special Services department. That is the only way to ensure you get your needed location. Otherwise all you are doing is making a request.

8. dawgfan

dawgfan from georgia ya'll

We saw a small gator crossing the road into POR at the bus exit to go to MK last year. He was just moving along like he did not have a care in the world.

9. Ness2289

Ness2289 I'm Almost There...

Did this letter happen to come in a simple white envelope with Walt Disney World on the left side and the address printed on the back of the envelope? I ask because today, I checked the mail and found a "letter" from Walt Disney World. It was very thin. When I flipped it over, it wasn't sealed (like it never had been), and it was empty. Can you imagine being excited to get a WDW letter only to find out there is no letter!? I would feel better knowing I only missed out on the letter from POFQ about the refurb. But for right now, I'm just a tad irritated...:mad:

10. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Yes it did. It was sealed though not very well.

11. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but POR and POFQ room assignments are actually handled by the same team (the office is just behind the lobby at POR). ;)

Andre

12. Ness2289

Ness2289 I'm Almost There...

Thanks. Hopefully that is all it was.:confused3

13. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

exactly!

14. Suelala

Suelala Mouseketeer

!!! Are they seen there very often? Actually, I would love to see one...as long as I saw it before it saw me!

15. ncdisneydad

ncdisneydad Earning My Ears

My god people its just a hotel they can't make everyone happy dang just enjoy your at Disney you don't go to Disney for a quiet room

16. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If you had read the poster's subsequent posts you would understand that a quiet room was much more of a necessity than a preference. Some people need a quiet room. There are also families with children on the autism spectrum who need to have quiet and reduced sensory stimulation. Not everyone is there to party all day and night long.

17. Tink rules

Tink rules <font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t

You want a quiet room.... NEVER go to any of the Value's during Pop Warner... :scared: I was at ASMusic once during it and they were cheering outside our window until the wee hours of the morning...

I still don't know how that one girl got a hold of a case of beer... :rolleyes2

18. kswm30b

kswm30b DIS Veteran

I've stayed at POFQ a bunch of times (my fav!), but I have a question I never had before, lol. What are the chances of getting upgraded to a room with a king bed at checkin?

I also got the letter about the construction. I haven't been able to find what exactly was going on until I found Andre's post, so thank you! Though I'm guessing I won't have to deal with it anyway since my trip ends May 13 & the post said it's starting on the 15th?

19. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Probably not since a king bed room is a bookable category.

20. NC Disney Fan

NC Disney Fan Live long Disney Lover and visitor

Where did you see info on the construction at POFQ? HOw long did it say it was happening? Now I'm nervous! We are going to be there for the 1st time in September. HOpe it is done!

21. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

I asked that a while back too because I'm going in October. I think July or August is what I was told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.