Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lintasare said:
My parent's just gave us a bit of pixie dust. My dad reserved 3 rooms for Sept 21 - 28 for their 40th anniversary trip. Originally I thought my dad would pay the deposit and then my sister and I would cover the rest for our room.

Found out tonight they will pay for all 3 rooms, we are just responsible for our plane tickets, park tickets and meals. Well got two of the three right now and am putting away meal money. My Disney trip is covered.

That is wonderful!!! You are so blessed!

Help. Taking the family back to the MK the first week of June. I've booked POFQ since we wanted a moderate. I love the small size, great grounds, being able to go to POR, and more. I just read about renovating the lobby. We've stayed at Poly, Dolphin, POR, and POP but never when renovation. What can we expect? Obviously most of the time won't be at POFQ but will hang out pool, movie, music, etc. I do like walking through the lobby which adds to the "ambience"/etc. Ideas on how much is blocked off? impact? Thx.

Hi everyone! I am excited that we booked POFQ this week for the end of April. Kind of a last minute trip (not ALL that last minute) to give my DD some princess time :) This will be my 3rd stay at POFQ, so it says a lot that we love it that much to keep going back. I love how quaint it feels and the food court is great!

I can't wait to check out the pool and the small playground with her. I think she'll love them. And of course the fresh beignets :)

This thread and all the photos at portorleans.org have been very helpful!

I just read about renovating the lobby. I do like walking through the lobby which adds to the "ambience"/etc. Ideas on how much is blocked off? impact? Thx.

Don't worry, it's only the reception/check-in section that's being refurbished. That part will be walled off while work is going on. The main entrance atrium with the fountain will still be accessible, and reception services will take place from the old Bonfamille's Café on the other side of the atrium (next to Scat Cat's). We'll need some photos of that!

Andre

Are there showers/changing rooms by the pool at POFQ? We are staying at POR but my DS wants to try that slide at POFQ-not sure about walking back or boating back wet. Is it best to walk over to POFQ or take the boat?? And what about on the way back to POR?

I thinkothers have answered this, but I wanted to add that if your DS is 15 he may be disappointed in the slide at POFQ. It is definitely small and geared to the 4 to 7 year olds.

That said, we do go for a dip and walk around POFQ when we stay at POR! :thumbsup2

Remember to go into the food court for some Beignets! :worship:

How long of a walk is it from POR to POFQ? Are the buses significantly better/quicker at FQ? Do the 2 resorts always share buses?

How long of a walk is it from POR to POFQ? Are the buses significantly better/quicker at FQ? Do the 2 resorts always share buses?

About 10-15 mins.
Not always, it all depends on the park and time of day.
No, as above depends on the park and time of day.

Andre

So this might be a strange question, but just how creepy are the large Mardis gras masks, faces, etc. in the food court area? We could never stay at the Boardwalk due to the clown pool, SO I don't want to scare my DH and DS with the decor at POFQ if it would be a problem. :-)

So this might be a strange question, but just how creepy are the large Mardis gras masks, faces, etc. in the food court area? We could never stay at the Boardwalk due to the clown pool, SO I don't want to scare my DH and DS with the decor at POFQ if it would be a problem. :-)

Hmm, depends on your point of view I guess. They are pretty big and looming, and I don't find them especially 'reassuring' hanging over my head - but they don't really bother me at all.

Andre

Once we were there, I didn't really notice them at all. I found the pictures to be more creepy than the reality.

27907_10151565010959745_926867120_n.jpg

I actually find them quite disturbing. There's also one that looks like a clown. Doesn't bother me enough not to stay there, POFQ is my fav, but if someone has clown issues....

I am not a fan of big over the top iconography anywhere, but I was okay. That being said I didn't eat in the dining area much. I was much more likely to grab my food to go. It was okay. I actually did stay at AoA and I was in the Ursula building....yep it completly creeped me out. :rotfl: So big sea witch not so much, mardi gras masks doable just pick your seat wisely.

(ps I hate the pictures I've seen of the creepy clown slide. It's one of the last resorts on my list of places to stay)

(ps I hate the pictures I've seen of the creepy clown slide. It's one of the last resorts on my list of places to stay)

I really want to stay at the BW but there's no way I'll get beyong that scary clown slide. Wish I could because I love the area!

donnaf516 said:
I really want to stay at the BW but there's no way I'll get beyong that scary clown slide. Wish I could because I love the area!

So funny you say that with a pic of JoJo and your kids as your avatar! LOL ;)

Sydnerella said:
So funny you say that with a pic of JoJo and your kids as your avatar! LOL ;)

I was thinking the same thing. :-) My DH is the worst of the family here. But I'm thinking we don't use the quick service much anyway except for maybe a snack or refilling mugs or whatnot. Obviously will have to try the beignets! Just trying to decide whether it'd be better to stay at POR and walk down to FQ to use the pool and small slide or stay at FQ and possibly walk to POR for dining. Hahaha. :-)

Did not bother our then 3 year old GD one bit.

I thinkothers have answered this, but I wanted to add that if your DS is 15 he may be disappointed in the slide at POFQ. It is definitely small and geared to the 4 to 7 year olds.

That said, we do go for a dip and walk around POFQ when we stay at POR! :thumbsup2

Remember to go into the food court for some Beignets! :worship:

I don't know...last trip my kids were 15 and 11 and they still enjoy the slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!