Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you find that when you make a request for a certain building, that they give you it?

We were thrilled they gave us all our requests! I requested bldg 4 or 5, outside corner corner, upper floor. And asked for my friends rooms to be nearby.
I got exactly that, a wonderful corner room on 3 rd floor overlooking the food court. We just had to walk down our stairs and cross the street to get to food court and bus stop. One friend got the room next to us, and the other was in the room behind ours :thumbsup2 way to go room assignors. Couldn't be better.

OK, still got some more work to do, but here's my first panorama from POFQ taken a couple of days ago (might be a bit big so could take a while to transfer, I'll try to trim the final filesize down a bit):

www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Main-2013-0830-pano360.swf

Andre

Thank you so much for that Andre. I hope you are able to do some more.

I'm having a POFQ Withdrawal week this week :sad: and these panoramics are great because they just give a feeling of really being there! Is it very quiet at the moment? It looks deserted from those pan's!

I was on your site the other night and decided we needed some POFQ music for the house and bought Preservation Hall Orleans vol 1 CD which has just arrived at my office (hard to resist the urge to put it on lol)

Thank you so much for that Andre. I hope you are able to do some more.

Your wish is my command... This one is the main entrance atrium, and even though this is just the first go, I think it looks really good already (I was worried about the varied exposure and possible stitching issues, but it's come out OK):

www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Main-2013-0808-pano360.swf

It wasn't really that quiet. :-) It takes a little while to shoot these, and each panorama is built up from around 10 separate images. I try to choose my timing to make each image 'clean' by waiting for people to walk out of that particular shot before I take it, then do the same with the next rotation, etc.

Andre

These photos are amazing. Our first visit to POFQ will be this July and now I am even more excited than I was before....if you can imagine that!

Photos are great, booked a month ago for 11 nights in May and been studying this thread and these panoramic photos make it all come alive, can't wait now, thanks.

Hi all! We're looking forward to our upcoming trip to Disney. It will be our FIRST time staying at French Quarter!! We've visited the resort many times (i.e. eaten in the food court, enjoyed the Jazz entertainment), but never stayed there. This stay will complete our goal of staying at all of the moderate resorts! :thumbsup2 I look forward to reading more about this beautiful resort on this thread. Any general tips for us? We've just booked a standard view room. Thanks!!

Hi, All!
We’ve stayed at FQ a few times but first time with a little one. Could not find mention of water jets, the pop up kind? Does POFQ have those? Thanks!

Great thread:)

Quick question. Do the Downtown Disney/Typhoon lagoon bus from the french quarter still stop at Downtown Disney from the first bus or does it just go to waterpark and back before 10am? If yes it does, what times the first bus? We going in November if that affects the time. Thanks

Hi Andre, your new panos are fantastic :) Giving me a little escape tonight!

The shot of the quiet courtyard behind 5 makes me feel a little homesick. Our kids loved the bunnies on the grass in the morning and the lizards in the afternoon.

The March 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page on portorleans.org for full-size PDF versions, or click on the images below.

The outdoor movies will start at 8pm and the daily campfires commence at 6:30pm this month.

Andre

Andre- Do you mind if I send the panorama links to a friend who isn't on the dis? She would love to see these.

No, that's fine. I'll have them on my site too once I've finished tweaking them.

Here's another view of the lobby courtyard. I tried two locations, but there's a minor error in the focus of one segment of this one though:

www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POFQ-Grounds-2013-0787-pano360.swf

Weve stayed at FQ a few times but first time with a little one. Could not find mention of water jets, the pop up kind? Does POFQ have those?

If you mean the vertical jets that shoot up out from the floor, then no. There are several 'run-under' water features though.

Great thread:)

Quick question. Do the Downtown Disney/Typhoon lagoon bus from the french quarter still stop at Downtown Disney from the first bus or does it just go to waterpark and back before 10am? If yes it does, what times the first bus? We going in November if that affects the time. Thanks

Yes, the DTD buses stop at Typhoon Lagoon too. Normally they start running an hour before park opening, so I assume that applies for the water parks too? DTD has places open for breakfast, and I guess you'll need to use the buses to get them until the boats start operating at 10am.

Andre

If you mean the vertical jets that shoot up out from the floor, then no. There are several 'run-under' water features though.

Andre

Thanks, Andre. Do the kids have to be in the pool to run under the ones you describe? If not, then it will be great - where are these located?

Thanks again!

Thanks, Andre. Do the kids have to be in the pool to run under the ones you describe? If not, then it will be great - where are these located?

There's a waterfall section over the main pool, plus some Alligators around the side of the main pool and the kiddie pool which shoot water.

POFQ-Doubloon-2009-9557_forum.jpg

Plus the "rinse-off" shower is great fun too:

POFQ-Doubloon-2007-4427_forum.jpg

For more Doubloon Lagoon pool pics, see www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Doubloon.php

Andre

Very cute!

Over the years I have shared your PO site numerous times with those who are planning a WDW trip. It is the BEST and always a wonderful resource, even for those of us who have stayed at both resorts over the years. :)

Thanks so much, Andre!

And another one of the courtyard lawn behind building 5 where they show the evening movies. Not quite so interesting, sorry:
Andre

It's my favorite one yet because I can see My Room! Well, kind of, the door is behind a tree, but - yeaaaa! Oh, how I wish I was back there right now. First stay at POFQ and I'm a convert for life. Thanks, Andre!

Andre- Do you mind if I send the panorama links to a friend who isn't on the dis? She would love to see these.

I've now completed the final versions of all the panoramas I shot last week (including higher quality files for downloading) and they are all viewable at www.portorleans.org/panoramas-POFQ.php.

If you'd prefer Quicktime versions (iPad user maybe?) you can see the full download list at www.portorleans.org/panoramas.php. There are also details there of how to view them 'stand-alone' rather than in a webpage.

Enjoy!

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter