Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LINYMOM

LINYMOM Mouseketeer

Just finalized our booking for October! We can't wait! First time staying at POFQ. I hope they end up offering free dinning this year. I heard they did last year for the time we are going.

I am afraid to fly so we are taking the Auto Train out of VA. Should be an experience. We are taking our 7 yr old and 4 yr old. I am due in 50 days with Baby #3 and she will be staying with my parents when we go.:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. hotcarib

hotcarib DIS Veteran

Congrats on #3!!!
    Your kids will love the train! We took DS on the train from D.C. and he was in heaven!!

4. peeputt

peeputt Filled with Wanderlust...

Thanks for the info regarding the connecting rooms :goodvibes

5. wdwislife

wdwislife DIS Veteran

Thanks for this awesome thread! My family and I will be staying at POFQ for the first time in May. I go to school in New Orleans, so it should be fun spotting all of the authentic touches :)

6. LINYMOM

LINYMOM Mouseketeer

Thank you:) I am hearing mixed reviews about the train but for me, anything is better then flying:banana:

7. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

There is a thread about the Autotrain under on the Transportation Board. Check it out, there is lots of helpful information.

8. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

Urgh, I still haven't booked. POFQ is our home resort and I'm going into withdrawal here yet I can't keep away from this thread :rotfl:

9. Whereisalyssa

Whereisalyssa Self Proclaimed Princess and former CM!

After an AMAZING experience last August at POFQ.. We've booked to go again this summer and I'm so excited!! :) we're doing pool view and requesting building 2 or 5! ....oh and the hottub is WONDERFUL :) eep!

10. LINYMOM

LINYMOM Mouseketeer

Do you find that when you make a request for a certain building, that they give you it?

11. middlesista

middlesista Mouseketeer

We asked for specific building and connecting rooms with our daughter and her family and had no problem whereas my son, who came later in the week, asked for same building and a room close to us (not connecting or even adjoining) - he did get the same building but on the other side. He came over MLK weekend and we had arrived the week prior. We did note many rooms close to us that were empty.

12. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Mostly, yes. However please remember that it is not guaranteed.

Andre

13. mcphotography

mcphotography Dis Vet

22 days until we're home again in our building 6 river view room! Can't wait:goodvibe

14. Ness2289

Ness2289 I'm Almost There...

I'm so excited!! :cool1: I just called and switched from Pop to POFQ! This will be our first time at the resort. We enjoyed Pop last time, but I'm looking forward to trying something new! I've stayed at CBR before, so I will be anxious to experience a smaller moderate. POFQ regulars seem to LOVE this resort, so I am praying we will fall in love too!

15. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

Staying at POFQ for 3 nights (March 28-31) after a Disney Cruise!!! This will be the 2nd time so far this year..We love the resort!!!!

16. andrewilley

17. peeputt

peeputt Filled with Wanderlust...

OMG! I love that so much!!!!! Please post more of your panorama shots!!!
    LOVE :goodvibes
    I just pretended I was there for a moment instead of being stuck in my cubicle at work...........ahhh.............206 more days........:rolleyes:

18. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Just shared it on FB. I sure hope I see this in April!

19. LINYMOM

LINYMOM Mouseketeer

Love the Panorama!!!

20. andrewilley

21. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.