1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Here now, our room is in Bldg 4 right by food court, and close to busses too.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 2girlsR2good

2girlsR2good Mouseketeer

I bought Senseo pods at Target--they worked perfectly.

4. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Could I volunteer to be one of your 'last minute items'? :scratchin

Wishing you a great trip. pixiedust:

5. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

You're closer than me I'm FEBURARY 2014. I'm refusing to even look at my countdown on the website it's too depressing.

HAHA just realized it said 2104, you win for longest countdown, and for OCD preplanner.

6. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

I found Cuisinart coffee pods but they look exactly like what is offered in the rooms. I just don't want dh to have to face Nescafe-type "coffee" again. On the last trip, he spent at least $15.00 a day buying real coffee whenever he found a place that sold it.

7. Clochette nordique

Clochette nordique DIS Veteran

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And I, that thought that I was too OCD, booking my room on the Fantasy (and therefore at POFQ the week before...) 25 months in advance to have the stateroom I wanted!!!!!
    So now, I'm finally beating someone with my November 2013 booking by few months :cool1: but I have to say I'm years ahead of the 2104 one!!!!! :confused3

:tinker: Poussière de fée!

8. middlesista

middlesista Mouseketeer

Just saw my typo - 2104 indeed - what was I thinking :blush:

9. Hallowishes

Hallowishes DIS Veteran

just booked POFQ for Sept. 30 - October 10th, 2013 ... sooo excited to get back there!!! :banana:

10. arfisher12

arfisher12 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they make towel animals at porfq

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

11. 2girlsR2good

2girlsR2good Mouseketeer

If you ask, housekeeping should give you extras of the Cuisinart [ods. I just happen to prefer the taste of the Senseo ones--I also make my coffee there with bottled water though, so I clearly have some coffee issues :rotfl2:

12. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

They sometimes do so, yes. But please consider it as a lovely little pixie-dust extra should you happen to be given one though, don't expect it.

Andre

13. wheels on fire

wheels on fire Mouseketeer

Does anyone know rough idea of tempture come September.My youngest son struggles with cold and in uk .in a normal indoor heated pool or even tropical leisure centre requires a wetsuit for anything more than 5 mins or he does a smurf look

wondering If i will need to bring it with us

Thank you

14. andrewilley

September is usually HOT - could even still hit 100 degrees, certainly into the upper 80s/90s. Google the weather sites for more info. No smurfiness is to be expected.

Andre

15. wheels on fire

wheels on fire Mouseketeer

Hi
    Thank you i have checked air tempt but need to check the actual pool tempt. Even in heated indoor tropical leisure pools so air is warm as is pool he can start to shiver very fast part of his medical condition that he struggles to maintain core heat

16. middlesista

middlesista Mouseketeer

There was a new towel animal each day when we returned to our room. They started out rather simple and uncomplicated but our last towel animal was a dog w/eyes, a bow and pixie dust, in fact we brought it home with us. Our 3 year old gradndaughter was in a connecting room with her parents and they also got towel animal on a daily basis. Plus the "Mousekeeper" would arrange her stuffed animals in a different spot such as peeking out the window.

17. andrewilley

Pool temp is meant to be kept at 82 degrees for all WDW pools. Personally I would suggest swimming later in the afternoon (or even early evening) when the heat of the sun has been on the water all day, but the air temp is starting to drop off just a little bit in comparison. But obviously you need to keep an eye on the situation, which I'm sure you always do anyway under the circumstances. Maybe play safe and pack the wetsuit anyway, it can't do any harm.

Andre

18. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

All the Disney pools are heated. We swam in January at the Animal Kingdom Lodge a few years ago, and even though the air temperature was probably around 80 degrees F (around 26C) I remember being so cold when we got out of the pool. September shouldn't be a problem, as the average highs are closer to 100F (37C) but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pack the wet suit.

19. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

Oh, I almost forgot!

I booked a Standard Room at POFQ yesterday. The smallness of the resort will be nice after CBR a few years ago.

I'm really excited about staying at French Quarter, and this trip will be even more fun, because we're taking my little sister for her first on-property stay. She's a bit of a Disney nut in her own right, so I think she'll appreciate it more than any one else in my family.

20. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

All the resorts have a possibility of towel creations, it's just luck of the draw if your mousekeeper actually does them. I didn't get any the first time but this last time I got a bird with mardigras beads.

I've been on trips (I usually split stay) where I got nothing from anywhere and this last trip (3 resorts) I got something at each one. I do sometimes call off service but I've walked into creatures on my first day.

I tip each time, everyday (extra when I ask for something in particular), I'm reasonably neat and I've always been adult only no kids. So I don't think any of those are a factor.

21. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

In one week not a single towel animal except the typical arrival day Mickey head. We tipped mouskeeping daily as well.

Just the luck of the draw I think. Certainly did not ruin our fantastic trip.

Sydnerella's Mama

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.