Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered right thru website. My sister also ordered thru them 4 weeks ago. Just put in the shipping info to hold for mrs. Xxxx arrival day xx/xx/xx. When you check in just let than know u had something shipped.

did you do this through the website? where did you have it delivered? and where did you pick it up? thanks :)

you can order through the website and have it delivered. I believe walmart delivery is 0.99 It will be delivered to bell/luggage services. Just let them know when you arrive and bell/luggage services can deliver it to your room.

This may be answered in a previous post, but I haven't read all of them!

If I wanted to pack my own box at home with toiletries, our first aid kit, and some snacks, what is the process for shipping it to POFQ? How many days do I send in advance and what information do I need to ensure that they get it? What # do I call to verify that they received it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

Belle4311 said:
This may be answered in a previous post, but I haven't read all of them!

If I wanted to pack my own box at home with toiletries, our first aid kit, and some snacks, what is the process for shipping it to POFQ? How many days do I send in advance and what information do I need to ensure that they get it? What # do I call to verify that they received it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

All the information is in a sticky at the top of the board called "shipping to your resort."

Well we are all set to check in on Saturday....

My daughter hurt her thumb in volleyball last night, my stomach has been acting crazy for 2 weeks, my (future) in-laws will be at POR, and the weather looks terrible....but by golly we are going to Disney World!!! :moped:

Must stay positive!!!! :hyper:

We check in Saturday too:) but when I checked the weather yesterday it was only showing like a 20% chance of rain which is typical. Hope it hasn't changed:(

Can anyone tell me about the location of the elevator in the buildings? Is their more than one in each building? Is the elevator located in the middle or near the end of the buildings? Arriving in 65 days.

Thanks, Minniesota2002

We check in Saturday too:) but when I checked the weather yesterday it was only showing like a 20% chance of rain which is typical. Hope it hasn't changed:(
"Accu"weather is forecasting 75% chance of rain from Tuesday on. Every other resource (TWC & Wunderground are the only ones doing 10days) is saying 20-40%. All 5 ("Accu", TWC, WU, WESH, and NWS) are all forecasting the standard late summer/early fall Orlando forecast (highs in the 80s, lows in the 70s, 20-40% chance of rain every day) for the next 7 days.

On other words, they should really change their name to Inaccuweather ;).

Can anyone tell me about the location of the elevator in the buildings? Is their more than one in each building? Is the elevator located in the middle or near the end of the buildings? Arriving in 65 days.

Thanks, Minniesota2002

The elevator locations vary in each building. Note that each building, even though it has three sections, only has one elevator. If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, you will see that each set of three units that are called one building has one of the units with a bump out. For instance, looking at Building 5, it is the section that is closest to the river that has the elevator bump out. Do you see it? Unless you are hauling luggage or staying in one of the rooms near the elevator, it is almost not worth using the elevator. The stairways are not steep, they are very easy to navigate even if you've had a long day in the park.

I am beginning to plan out our days for our April 2013 trip. I've always wanted to go to Fort Wilderness so I thought we might as well eat breakfast there. I'm just not sure what time to figure we will get there.

MK opens at 9:00 so we would hopefully get a bus at 8:00. Then from MK we need to catch the launch to FW. Would we make it by 9:00?

utkscvol1 said:

I have been looking at 10 day too and three days say 30% chance and the rest 20. Keeping fingers crossed

I am beginning to plan out our days for our April 2013 trip. I've always wanted to go to Fort Wilderness so I thought we might as well eat breakfast there. I'm just not sure what time to figure we will get there.

MK opens at 9:00 so we would hopefully get a bus at 8:00. Then from MK we need to catch the launch to FW. Would we make it by 9:00?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. You aren't factoring in possible wait times for the launches and the time to walk to and from the dock to the restaurant. I'd think you'd probably want to leave at least an extra half hour earlier.

The elevator locations vary in each building. Note that each building, even though it has three sections, only has one elevator. If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, you will see that each set of three units that are called one building has one of the units with a bump out. For instance, looking at Building 5, it is the section that is closest to the river that has the elevator bump out. Do you see it? Unless you are hauling luggage or staying in one of the rooms near the elevator, it is almost not worth using the elevator. The stairways are not steep, they are very easy to navigate even if you've had a long day in the park.

pwdebbie,

Thanks for your reply abut the elevator locations in each building. Yes, I was able to see the elevator bumps on each building and it seems that the elevators are located in the furtherest section of the building from the main building and food court. My friend wants to stay on 2nd floor because she feels 1st floor is noisy due to outside traffic, but has problems with her knee and prefers to not do stairs. After seeing the elevator locations, I think 1st floor would be better than either the stairs or walking all the way to get to an elevator and then walking back to get to your room. Any opinions of 1st vs 2nd floor? Any building suggestions?

Minniesota2002

i just booked your 2nd honeymoon in dec. and we are going to stay at POFQ again because he had such a good time in Feb. plus we want to see it not under construction lol

pwdebbie,

Thanks for your reply abut the elevator locations in each building. Yes, I was able to see the elevator bumps on each building and it seems that the elevators are located in the furtherest section of the building from the main building and food court. My friend wants to stay on 2nd floor because she feels 1st floor is noisy due to outside traffic, but has problems with her knee and prefers to not do stairs. After seeing the elevator locations, I think 1st floor would be better than either the stairs or walking all the way to get to an elevator and then walking back to get to your room. Any opinions of 1st vs 2nd floor? Any building suggestions?

Minniesota2002
We have stayed in bldg. 3 & 6 on the ground floor and didn't think they were noisier then a higher floor. If you are worried about noise on the ground floor I would stay away from bldg. 2 & 5 facing the pool. The noisiest room we had was bldg. 5 third floor overlooking the pool ;). Even then it wasn't bad.

We have stayed 1st floor and 3rd floor. I did not think there was any difference in noise.

"Accu"weather is forecasting 75% chance of rain from Tuesday on. Every other resource (TWC & Wunderground are the only ones doing 10days) is saying 20-40%. All 5 ("Accu", TWC, WU, WESH, and NWS) are all forecasting the standard late summer/early fall Orlando forecast (highs in the 80s, lows in the 70s, 20-40% chance of rain every day) for the next 7 days.

On other words, they should really change their name to Inaccuweather ;).

So true! We were down there earlier this month (Sept 1st-8th). I was checking the weather forcast every day and dreading it, because they were all forcasting rain every single day of our trip. We only had rain twice (one night leaving DTD and one evening walking back to the car after dinner at Epcot).:rotfl:

pwdebbie,

Minniesota2002

I always request first floor. Only once have I ever noticed any noise from the room above us and that was at Pop several years ago. At POFQ I have been on the bottom floor in buildings 2, 3, and 4 and never heard a sound. We've also had first floor rooms at Pop, AS Sports, CSR (seven times), PORS, CBR, AKL, and YC.

they were all forcasting rain every single day of our trip. We only had rain twice (one night leaving DTD and one evening walking back to the car after dinner at Epcot).:rotfl:

If there is a 20% chance of rain in the Orlando area for your week-long trip, you might only get rained on once - and then it might depend on which park your were in at what time.

Andre

pwdebbie,

Minniesota2002

Definitely request ground floor.
We were in building 2 on the ground floor last month.
We were directly across from the laundry facilities.
We did not here a peep from outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter