Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are going to POFQ soon, have a great time.

I still have a looong time left. I enjoy reading this thread, so thank you all. And thank you Andre for your website, it helped a lot in the decision to stay a POFQ instead of Pop (which we've enjoyed in the past).

The grounds are beautiful and you can't beat the boat to DtD. The masks in the food court kind of scare me but I'm sure I'll either get over it or send DH in instead.:lmao:

Its been a while since we stayed at POFQ and I have a food court question...is there a make your own salad option at the POFQ?

We just checked out from pofq this morning. There is a salad option, but they make it for you. There's not an actual salad bar. You can get it with chicken or shrimp, i had it one night. it wasn't bad.

We just checked out from pofq this morning. There is a salad option, but they make it for you. There's not an actual salad bar. You can get it with chicken or shrimp, i had it one night. it wasn't bad.

Thank you Jane! I am sure I will be having this for our pool days next month!

No, don't cut the tags. When they used to send 2 tags per person (before most airlines started charging checked bag fees), each person's 2 tags were attached on the long side, so that you had to separate them along a perforated line in order to get 2 tags. Apparently they never got rid of the instructions on the back about separating the tags even though each person now only gets one tag.
Will ME take a second bag per person? I'm travelling for an extend period of time (23 days) and each one of us will have 2 bags each.

Andre, how soon should I request an specific building? I have my heart set on building 4 so my mom won't have to walk too much before we even hit the parks.

Would they honor my request for building 4, ground floor if I explain to them I have someone with moderate mobility difficult in my party?

My reservations are from Feb 6-15.

Will ME take a second bag per person? I'm travelling for an extend period of time (23 days) and each one of us will have 2 bags each.

Yup! But you will need to request that they send 2 tags per person since they automatically only send 1 tag per person.

We just booked a 2 week stay this AM for POFQ in June 2013. I suspect we may end up switching to POR if their AP rates are better, but POFQ is our first choice.

I just wanted to say thanks to Andre for the great job on both FAQ threads here, as well as portorleans.org. I have learned so much about both resorts just by reading!!

Andre, if you are still here, I would like your opinion. We have reservations for 2 rooms at POFQ 11/3-11/21 and wanted to add three nights to the end. I called this a.m. and agent said only king rooms available, which won't work for us. I'm not sure what my question is? I guess just keep trying? We will change to POP if we have to.

Looking forward to our first stay at POFQ in less than two weeks! We've visited many times but never stayed.

Andre, if you are still here, I would like your opinion. We have reservations for 2 rooms at POFQ 11/3-11/21 and wanted to add three nights to the end. I called this a.m. and agent said only king rooms available, which won't work for us. I'm not sure what my question is? I guess just keep trying? We will change to POP if we have to.

Well I'm certainly still here, but I'm not sure what your question is either. :)

21 Nov is getting pretty close to Thanksgiving, maybe that's what is blocking your booking extension searches? Have you thought about splitting the stay with POR if you wany to stay in the same general location? Also, did you contact a travel agent to extend the stay, or Disney directly?

Andre

Contacted Disney directly. I guess what I was trying to figure out is if you reserve king room, and get there, you might be able to change to 2 queens. But this won't work with my DD & family, they have 4. Thanks for your response.

I thought, given the recent posts about faxing requests, that some of you would be interested in this post.

I handle resort guest relations, and deal with room request issues daily. The old method for making room requests was to fax them to the resort. The room assignment CMs have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

If you are more than 2 weeks before check-in, call the reservation center to add your room requests. If within the 2 week mark, the best way to get your room requests added is to call the resort directly, and add them to your room reservation. As someone else posted, even if those calls go to a "Call Center", the call has to be transferred to the resort itself for those requests to be added to the reservation since call center staff doesn't have access to the reservation system.

The most important thing to remember about room requests is that they are requests, and not guaranteed, especially if you have a very long list of them. If you have more than one, list them in order of importance as we may not be able to fulfill all of them. Also, adding more than 2 or 3 requests max will almost guarantee that it will be unable to fulfill them all. Our room assignors work very hard to fulfill as many requests as possible, and they really are masters at juggling availability against incoming requests. They want to do everything possible to make your stay magical, but may still not be able to fulfill 15 different requests for the same room. :wizard:

Absolutely fine. Try to explain a little bit why you're making requests though, to help out the allocators (for example they may assume you've asked for building 7 to get a quiet location, whereas actually it's your lucky number :) )

Andre

Thanks for all the good info BTW:goodvibes is it ok to ask for a certain number b/c I want a quiet location? I actually like being over there,closer to POR area too.....

The day has finally come and I can't believe it. It's online check in day.

I would love some thoughts, I paid for a riverview room (free dining) and I am thinking my first request would be buliding 5.
Now what are everyones thoughts on floor levels? I know it says you can make two request (I of course know these are not guaranteed) but I am pulled between two.

I always thought I would request a ground level room- easier with the stroller but my sister said people were having problems with lizards.... is this true??? Also, a ground level room would still be considered a river view, right?

My other thought/option was to request a corner view.

I would really appreciate anyone elses opinions or thoughts.

Thanks a million. I am soooooo excited. :cool1::cool1:

The day has finally come and I can't believe it. It's online check in day.

I would love some thoughts, I paid for a riverview room (free dining) and I am thinking my first request would be buliding 5.
Now what are everyones thoughts on floor levels? I know it says you can make two request (I of course know these are not guaranteed) but I am pulled between two.

I always thought I would request a ground level room- easier with the stroller but my sister said people were having problems with lizards.... is this true??? Also, a ground level room would still be considered a river view, right?

My other thought/option was to request a corner view.

I would really appreciate anyone elses opinions or thoughts.

Thanks a million. I am soooooo excited. :cool1::cool1:

I have always stayed in a ground floor room. Never had any problems with the lizards. Of course the lizards are all around, but this is a good thing, since the lizards each the bugs.

With a stroller ground floor is definately easier. Last time we were down we had ground floor and it was nice with the stroller.

The down fall of a lower floor room is that you have people (and toilets) above you. Generally its pretty quiet, but you definately notice the toilets flushing. If you happen to be below a room where you might have people are noisy or jumping around it definately could be noisy and just hope they don't do it late at night while you are trying to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!