Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2manypets

2manypets DIS Veteran

For those who are going to POFQ soon, have a great time.

I still have a looong time left. I enjoy reading this thread, so thank you all. And thank you Andre for your website, it helped a lot in the decision to stay a POFQ instead of Pop (which we've enjoyed in the past).

The grounds are beautiful and you can't beat the boat to DtD. The masks in the food court kind of scare me but I'm sure I'll either get over it or send DH in instead.:lmao:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Its been a while since we stayed at POFQ and I have a food court question...is there a make your own salad option at the POFQ?

4. janepaul

janepaul Earning My Ears

We just checked out from pofq this morning. There is a salad option, but they make it for you. There's not an actual salad bar. You can get it with chicken or shrimp, i had it one night. it wasn't bad.

5. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Thank you Jane! I am sure I will be having this for our pool days next month!

6. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Will ME take a second bag per person? I'm travelling for an extend period of time (23 days) and each one of us will have 2 bags each.

7. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

They should do, yes.

Andre

8. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Andre, how soon should I request an specific building? I have my heart set on building 4 so my mom won't have to walk too much before we even hit the parks.

Would they honor my request for building 4, ground floor if I explain to them I have someone with moderate mobility difficult in my party?

My reservations are from Feb 6-15.

9. andrewilley

Adding your request to your booking now would be fine, and then send a fax 3-5 days before arrival. See http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Andre

10. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Yup! But you will need to request that they send 2 tags per person since they automatically only send 1 tag per person.

We just booked a 2 week stay this AM for POFQ in June 2013. I suspect we may end up switching to POR if their AP rates are better, but POFQ is our first choice.

I just wanted to say thanks to Andre for the great job on both FAQ threads here, as well as portorleans.org. I have learned so much about both resorts just by reading!!

11. andrewilley

Thanks for the kind words, glad I could help.

Andre

12. Bravesfan

Bravesfan Mouseketeer

Andre, if you are still here, I would like your opinion. We have reservations for 2 rooms at POFQ 11/3-11/21 and wanted to add three nights to the end. I called this a.m. and agent said only king rooms available, which won't work for us. I'm not sure what my question is? I guess just keep trying? We will change to POP if we have to.

13. Yarna

Yarna Wishing I were at WDW

Looking forward to our first stay at POFQ in less than two weeks! We've visited many times but never stayed.

14. andrewilley

Well I'm certainly still here, but I'm not sure what your question is either. :)

21 Nov is getting pretty close to Thanksgiving, maybe that's what is blocking your booking extension searches? Have you thought about splitting the stay with POR if you wany to stay in the same general location? Also, did you contact a travel agent to extend the stay, or Disney directly?

Andre

15. Bravesfan

Bravesfan Mouseketeer

Contacted Disney directly. I guess what I was trying to figure out is if you reserve king room, and get there, you might be able to change to 2 queens. But this won't work with my DD & family, they have 4. Thanks for your response.

16. Clochette nordique

Clochette nordique DIS Veteran

YOU ARE, HELPING! :mic:::yes:::worship:

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

17. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

I thought, given the recent posts about faxing requests, that some of you would be interested in this post.

18. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

Thanks for all the good info BTW:goodvibes is it ok to ask for a certain number b/c I want a quiet location? I actually like being over there,closer to POR area too.....

19. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

The day has finally come and I can't believe it. It's online check in day.

I would love some thoughts, I paid for a riverview room (free dining) and I am thinking my first request would be buliding 5.
    Now what are everyones thoughts on floor levels? I know it says you can make two request (I of course know these are not guaranteed) but I am pulled between two.

I always thought I would request a ground level room- easier with the stroller but my sister said people were having problems with lizards.... is this true??? Also, a ground level room would still be considered a river view, right?

My other thought/option was to request a corner view.

I would really appreciate anyone elses opinions or thoughts.

Thanks a million. I am soooooo excited. :cool1::cool1:

20. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

I have always stayed in a ground floor room. Never had any problems with the lizards. Of course the lizards are all around, but this is a good thing, since the lizards each the bugs.

21. BrownHP800

BrownHP800 Mouseketeer

With a stroller ground floor is definately easier. Last time we were down we had ground floor and it was nice with the stroller.

The down fall of a lower floor room is that you have people (and toilets) above you. Generally its pretty quiet, but you definately notice the toilets flushing. If you happen to be below a room where you might have people are noisy or jumping around it definately could be noisy and just hope they don't do it late at night while you are trying to sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.