1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyInDel

DisneyInDel Mouseketeer

179 days..

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. summersalt

summersalt DIS Veteran

Thanks for the live report! It helps with the wait!

I'm a huge "once upon a time" fan myself. What did you think about the ending?

4. ThisMomLuvsDisney

ThisMomLuvsDisney Mouseketeer

I agree also!!! No question that Shelly at the pool bar is the best :thumbsup2 and definitely one of the reasons we continue to stay at POFQ :goodvibes Please make mine a Mich Ultra :drinking1 pixiedust:

5. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

We only ever used the bus once last year and once the year before I think, coming back from POFQ but we knew both times that we would be as we were going to be there really late. You'll have a great time there! :goodvibes

6. Groomer Gal

Groomer Gal Mouseketeer

How sweet!!!! (and our twins will be 8 when we go :goodvibes) Thank you so much for sharing that. <3

We are sooooo looking forward to it. I'm sure you can imagine our anticipation level. :rotfl:

We will be there in Dec and are looking forward to all the gorgeous
    decorations! Plus...we know our days of ahem...'believing' are numbered :( so we really want to make it as magical as possible.

7. arthuruscg

arthuruscg DIS Veteran

Check out my signature. And the wife still thinks we are staying at All Star Music. :banana:

8. MichellelovesMickey

MichellelovesMickey Mouseketeer

Just got back from a 4 night stay on Sunday....this is now my favorite resort!! Going to be booking a RESORT only stay for the Friday and Saturday night before our cruise in June 2013!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

9. JerseyDevils

JerseyDevils Mouseketeer

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we had another amazing stay at POFQ!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it here! We had booked a standard room, but just like last year ended up with a beautiful 3rd floor river view, this time in building 2. last year we got bldg 6. if given a choice i would choose 6 over 2 simply b/c with the river view in bldg 2 you get a lot of boat noise...boy they love honking those horns! ill try and post some pics later.

10. deb93

deb93 Earning My Ears

After 3 years of staying at the All Star resorts, we visited POFQ for an afternoon last year and fell in love with it. We're booked there for our trip this September and can't wait!! I think we'll request Building 4 - I know it's a small resort but that building seems to be closest to food court, buses, etc. Does that sound ok? Any recommendations on what floor is best? Is there a lot of noise going by if you stay on the ground floor? Thanks for your help! We're newbies to POFQ and I love reading the posts here to pass the time until we can finally be there ourselves!

11. Pmctn

Pmctn Mouseketeer

We requested bldg 4 but ended up in bldg 6 ground floor, just across the rue from bldg 4. It was great. The whole resort seemed quiet and peaceful. We were teir the 1st week of May.

12. Nana2Callie

Nana2Callie DIS Veteran

What is the earliest your room has been ready? We are arriving on a Sunday morning and planning to head straight to the park after checkin. But, just curious, if there is any chance our room might be ready - thanks.

13. CarolinaBlue

CarolinaBlue I solemnly swear that I am up to no good<br><font

Sorry that I haven't done any updates lately. Got busy. We got home yesterday evening. I will try to post some pics later. I have a hair appt. and dd has an orthodontist appt. later, so it may be a while. We had a great stay. Only one issue with the buses. I'll give details later. Gotta go!:wave2:

14. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

We got there around 11 am Thanksgiving week, and our room was ready. I was shocked! I think it really just depends on how full they were the night before, and how early others checked out. I have to admit that we have had awesome luck with our room being ready, at a variety of resorts. (now I probably jinxed myself, but I hope you get lucky like we did!)

15. summersalt

summersalt DIS Veteran

For me it's the fact that it doesn't matter which building you get. They each are awesome in their own way. ;) Making a request is just too difficult for me so I am leaving it up to the pixie dust! :wizard:

16. tinkerbella16

tinkerbella16 DIS Veteran

So glad you had a great time! POFQ is my favorite resort! I will be there in September and I was just able to get free dining a few days ago, in a River View room.. I know no matter where your room is, you are pretty close to anything there, but are bldgs 2 & 6 the only river view buildings? I'm used to just a standard parking lot view so I'm trying to see on the map where I could possibly land lol.

17. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 all have river view rooms, check out the map in the first post.

Andre

18. RHMH

RHMH FTW Texas

Hello Everyone - 57 more days until we are at POFQ. DD 12 and I can not wait.

19. CarolinaBlue

Loved it! Can't wait for next season.

20. CarolinaBlue

Some pics.....

[​IMG]

21. CarolinaBlue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.