Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is everyone tipping housekeeping each day? Are you getting any towel animals?

We tipped $5 a day for the 4 of us. First day when we got to the resort, we had the usual mickey towel shape.

Next day after a long day at the parks, we came back to the room my kids stuffed animals were looking out the window and our mousekeeper made the cutest chick out of a towel and even put stick on eyes.

The day after that, the mouse keeper put all of the stuffed animals in the window then rolled them with TP. My kids thought it was a hoot.

Now that WiFi is available, is the option to plug in still there? I'd hate to get a room with poor WiFi and not be able to stay on top of email. We don't have a tablet, just a laptop, and I'm not going to haul it all over the place looking for connectivity. Hmm, one more reason to get a tablet.

For anyone who has been recently do they still have the Pomegranate Lemonade? My kids were addicted to that stuff and will be devastated if they don't.

For anyone who has been recently do they still have the Pomegranate Lemonade? My kids were addicted to that stuff and will be devastated if they don't.

Yes. The Minute Maid Lite Pomegranate Lemonade was there as of this past Tuesday. Really good stuff - nice change of pace from soda.

How is the new free wifi at POFQ?

Does it work well in the rooms?

Is the wired internet in the rooms now free?

Thanks....we leave tomorrow morning!

16 days until we arrive! WOOT! :woohoo: And to think I started at more than 200 days. :faint: We are so excited, can't wait to get there! :hyper:

How is the new free wifi at POFQ?
Does it work well in the rooms?
Is the wired internet in the rooms now free?
Thanks....we leave tomorrow morning!

Wi-Fi worked great in our room (in Building 4). I didn't see any ability to plug in for wired.

I am on the wifi right now, it works much better then I expected. Occasionally it will drop out and I will need to reconnect but the speed is good, I just did a speed test:

2.97 Mbps down
.93 Mbps Up

Not too bad. I even tried streaming video from Dish Network Slingbox at home to my iPad it was okay. There is a HSIA (High Speed Internet Access) connection next to the table but I have not even tried it as there is no reason. The wifi in the parks also worked fine for the most part my son connected fine with his iPod Touch and was using the My Disney Experience App. Now the App is a little slow and you need to be careful as it doesn't always update.

Question - I am not sure if this has been asked before. Would my 13" Macbook fit in the in-room safe if I stood it on its side?

kenziesmum said:
Question - I am not sure if this has been asked before. Would my 13" Macbook fit in the in-room safe if I stood it on its side?

I don't think the safes at POFQ and POR are large enough for laptops. We always lock our iPads in our suitcases if they don't fit in hotel room safes.

‎14 days until I leave for vacation (stopping places along the way) :moped:
19 days until IOA Wizarding World :hyper:
20 days until the Dolphin Resort :cloud9:
21 days until MNSSHP :stir:
22 days until POFQ :banana:
28 days until F&W!!! popcorn::
Then we leave to come home the 29th :headache:

My netbook barely fit standing on it's side and it is smaller then 13". So I would say the Macbook will not fit.

I finally convinced my hubby to upgrade from AoA to POFQ for our adults only anniversary stay :) We will be there Dec. 11th - 18th! I am excited!! I have always wanted to stay at POFQ; even before the refurbish. I thought the whole place looked cute and quaint :) I am much more excited about staying here than I ever was about AoA. It looks much more peaceful. I have a feeling we will be very, very happy with our choice :)

I have a question about the coffee makers. Are they just like the Keurig one cup thingies? Can I bring my own K-cups and will they work with it? What kind of coffee do they normally provide with it? Do they also provide things like sugar or cream or is it something you have to pick up in the food court and bring back to your room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!