Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

We tipped $5 a day for the 4 of us. First day when we got to the resort, we had the usual mickey towel shape.

Next day after a long day at the parks, we came back to the room my kids stuffed animals were looking out the window and our mousekeeper made the cutest chick out of a towel and even put stick on eyes.

The day after that, the mouse keeper put all of the stuffed animals in the window then rolled them with TP. My kids thought it was a hoot.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sarmat1

sarmat1 Mouseketeer

Don't worry - it's still there. I had one last week. Ask for cocktail sauce from the back if you're into that. I will say that it's huge.

4. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Now that WiFi is available, is the option to plug in still there? I'd hate to get a room with poor WiFi and not be able to stay on top of email. We don't have a tablet, just a laptop, and I'm not going to haul it all over the place looking for connectivity. Hmm, one more reason to get a tablet.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Nope.

6. FourBees

FourBees Mouseketeer

For anyone who has been recently do they still have the Pomegranate Lemonade? My kids were addicted to that stuff and will be devastated if they don't.

7. sarmat1

sarmat1 Mouseketeer

Yes. The Minute Maid Lite Pomegranate Lemonade was there as of this past Tuesday. Really good stuff - nice change of pace from soda.

8. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Thanks :thumbsup2 My DD is going to be very pleased about that!

9. byerspc

byerspc Earning My Ears

How is the new free wifi at POFQ?

Does it work well in the rooms?

Is the wired internet in the rooms now free?

Thanks....we leave tomorrow morning!

10. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

16 days until we arrive! WOOT! :woohoo: And to think I started at more than 200 days. :faint: We are so excited, can't wait to get there! :hyper:

11. Dancegrl624

Dancegrl624 DIS Veteran

18 days until our first stay at POFQ! I'm am beyond excited!!! :yay:

12. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

If I understand the reports correctly, there is no longer any wired internet in the rooms; it's wifi only

13. sarmat1

sarmat1 Mouseketeer

Wi-Fi worked great in our room (in Building 4). I didn't see any ability to plug in for wired.

14. darrengs

darrengs DIS Veteran

I am on the wifi right now, it works much better then I expected. Occasionally it will drop out and I will need to reconnect but the speed is good, I just did a speed test:

2.97 Mbps down
    .93 Mbps Up

Not too bad. I even tried streaming video from Dish Network Slingbox at home to my iPad it was okay. There is a HSIA (High Speed Internet Access) connection next to the table but I have not even tried it as there is no reason. The wifi in the parks also worked fine for the most part my son connected fine with his iPod Touch and was using the My Disney Experience App. Now the App is a little slow and you need to be careful as it doesn't always update.

15. kenziesmum

kenziesmum Earning My Ears

Question - I am not sure if this has been asked before. Would my 13" Macbook fit in the in-room safe if I stood it on its side?

16. byerspc

byerspc Earning My Ears

thanks for the info!

17. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

I don't think the safes at POFQ and POR are large enough for laptops. We always lock our iPads in our suitcases if they don't fit in hotel room safes.

18. peeputt

peeputt Filled with Wanderlust...

‎14 days until I leave for vacation (stopping places along the way) :moped:
    19 days until IOA Wizarding World :hyper:
    20 days until the Dolphin Resort :cloud9:
    21 days until MNSSHP :stir:
    22 days until POFQ :banana:
    28 days until F&W!!! popcorn::
    Then we leave to come home the 29th :headache:

19. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

My netbook barely fit standing on it's side and it is smaller then 13". So I would say the Macbook will not fit.

20. Nixie

Nixie DIS Veteran

I finally convinced my hubby to upgrade from AoA to POFQ for our adults only anniversary stay :) We will be there Dec. 11th - 18th! I am excited!! I have always wanted to stay at POFQ; even before the refurbish. I thought the whole place looked cute and quaint :) I am much more excited about staying here than I ever was about AoA. It looks much more peaceful. I have a feeling we will be very, very happy with our choice :)

21. Nixie

Nixie DIS Veteran

I have a question about the coffee makers. Are they just like the Keurig one cup thingies? Can I bring my own K-cups and will they work with it? What kind of coffee do they normally provide with it? Do they also provide things like sugar or cream or is it something you have to pick up in the food court and bring back to your room?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.