Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

We did the carriage ride in 2009. Very pleasant and relaxing, we'll probably do it again on our anniversary in 2013.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

We are going to POFQ in Oct, having stayed at POR 2 years ago and loved it. The only thing I am a bit concerned about is what I have been reading about the food court. Just how bad is it?

Are we best to plan to walk across to POR to use their food court in the evenings, which we liked? How long a walk is it?

4. mamamary

mamamary DIS Veteran

I didn't think the food court was bad - actually we enjoyed it. We had two dinners here which we really weren't planning on. My son and I enjoyed the chicken quesadillas so much that we both got it both evenings. My dh had the jambalaya and I know the rib dinner. My dd also got the rib dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed both meals. Not sure how long the walk to Riverside is as the one time we were there we took the bus and then the boat back but I believe it's an approx. 10 minute walk or so.

5. Lindy Loo

Lindy Loo DIS Veteran

Please can you wonderful people here help with a couple of taxi questions....

How much to allow for a taxi from AKL to POFQ
    And how much for a taxi to move out suitcases etc:scared: from POFQ to Rosen inn Poiunte Orlando I Drive.

Getting really excited now !!! :beach:

6. lejen

lejen Werking the Ears

Really anywhere in Disney if you use a taxi it'll be about $20, not incl tip. and the Taxi driver shouldn't charge you a fee for unloading suitcases after your trip, but if he's just moving the suitcases from one resort to another, probably the same amount as hiring for a regular service.

7. Planning fanatic mom

Planning fanatic mom DIS Veteran

We liked the food court at POFQ. I had the meatball sub and liked it. It was so big that I had to eat it with a knife and fork, but it tasted good. My DD had the chicken and liked it just fine. And she can be very picky!!

I would definitely check it out before walking to POR.

We also breakfast there most days and always found something we liked. Never had lunch there because we are always in the parks for lunch.

8. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

I'm a fan of the chicken quesadillas as well. Ate them two nights. Had a hot dog as well. It was fine, for a hot dog.

9. cutejellybeen

cutejellybeen Earning My Ears

my husband and I just switched our booking from AS Sports to POFQ - Im so excited that we are getting to stay at this hotel!! :cool1:

10. starrPA

starrPA Earning My Ears

Do you know if you have to reserve them beforehand or can you wait till you are actually at the resort? Thanks

11. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

You can often get a booking a few days before - it's not like getting an ADR at Le Cellier. But you may struggle a bit if you were hoping for a walk-up, depending on time of year.

Andre

12. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Counting my Blessings

I just copied this from another thread another thread a short while ago. http://www.taxiautofare.com/us/Default.aspx

13. Clochette nordique

Clochette nordique DIS Veteran

Even though we made our choice on POFQ more then a year ago, we could only finally :goodvibes book this week, which we did: :cool1: November 1 to 9, 2013. :hyper: Only 476 days to go! :rotfl2:

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

14. Lindy Loo

Lindy Loo DIS Veteran

15. DisneyPolve

DisneyPolve Mouseketeer

Pods are K-cups??? I am wanting to bring my own coffee and want to make sure I bring the right thing. Thanks in advance! :coffee:

16. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

They are not k-cups. They are Cuisinart pods.

17. labfan

labfan Mouseketeer

I believe they only have regular and decaf supplied. If you want any flavored pods you can check out this website www.coffee.org
    I haven't ordered from them yet but may when we go next year.
    I only use the K-cups at home so won't be able to have them for Disney.

18. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

It takes us 10 min to walk from POR to FQ. Both food courts have nice selections, but I have to admit the make your own pasta is our fav at POR, and for breakfast a make your own omelette.

19. hill6

hill6 DIS Veteran

Does the food court have any cold coffees available like the Starbucks bottles to keep in the refrigerator in the room?

20. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

Do they have normal hot dogs? The menu just says chilli dog. Not even sure what this is (I am from UK). Can you just ask for it plain?

21. starrPA

starrPA Earning My Ears

Thanks Andre! Will do that early in the week once were down there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.