Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Still hoping for a full set of menu pics from the food court if that's possible? Just quick cameraphone snaps of each of the menus in turn would be pefect (anything you can do - breakfast, lunch or dinner - would be great).

Also the campfire area would be nice, I don't think we've seen a posting of what it looks like now?

Have a great time!

Andre

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. peel

peel DIS Veteran

I'll do my best! I'm usually not around the resort during lunchtime, but tomorrow I might be able to do those after we check in. I've actually never been to the campfire, so I'll try to scope that out too.

Normally, we head out during the late morning and don't come back until pretty late at night, but we don't usually go this time of year. I think the heat and humidity might change our plans a bit, so I'm thinking there's a better chance we'll be taking daytime breaks back at the resort or returning home a little earlier this time.

4. andrewilley

No worries, anything you can get whenever you happen to be there would be great.

Andre

5. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

We will be at POFQ around the same time. Not sure what my countdown is atm lol.

If a part of your trip falls in October, join our October 2014 Facebook group if you have not already. The link is in my signature.

6. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

Anybody here get MB for Nov ?

7. Foodallergymom

Foodallergymom Earning My Ears

I did. We will be at POFQ 11/11-11/17. I was able to book FP+ and customize our MBs tonight.

8. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

I will,pay tommirow and do online check in maybe that will make it come up. We are 44 days out in 40 minutes

9. andrewilley

They opened up November arrival dates for MB and FP+ yesterday, so it's worth trying again.

I assume that fairly soon they'll start using the final rolling 60 day window, rather than setting specific test dates.

Andre

10. westgirl

westgirl Mouseketeer

We've been able to access the FP+ system up
    Until 11/30/13 and personalise our magic bands. It was very strange to make FP reservations for Soarin whilst sat having my breakfast!

11. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

I did it a few weeks ago(not at breakfast) but so cool to be able to make FP+ before our trip. Now I keep trying to tweak the times but am pretty satisfied with what I have.would like to get MSEP if that opens up

12. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

Looking forward to when they open up early December... Should I be reading up on how to use FP+ ahead of time? If so, where do I find that info, please? Thank you!

Although not really looking forward to deciding which attraction we want and when for December a month or so out. Will there be any spontaneity left on a WDW trip? :confused3

This FP+ feels complicated. :hippie:

13. andrewilley

Not unless you have pre-booked and configured the Spontaneity add-on (*may be an extra charge) via MDE 160 exactly days in advance for each member of your party, for each day of your stay.

Andre

14. UK mum of 4

UK mum of 4 Mouseketeer

What's that add on? Not heard of it yet

15. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Really? Really?!? REALLY?!!!?

I do hope you're kidding, if not - it's called sarcasm.

16. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

:scared1: :rotfl: Me thinks I'd better schedule all future trips during the slowest possible week at WDW. Of course, that means taking DGD out of school...her mama would not be happy with that plan.:rolleyes1

17. UK mum of 4

UK mum of 4 Mouseketeer

Lol :-)
    We have to keep people smiling :-)

18. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

I hope you need pics or info when I'm there. I've lived on your website for a few years now and it's been an indescribably wonderful source of information (as well as a POFQ Addiction/withdrawal feeder) and I'd love to be able to 'give something back' :)

Somehow the last couple of years you seem to have managed to go just before me and didn't need anything lol

19. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

Andre i am sure you will have these pictures soon but if for any reason you don't get them id be glad to take some in November for you no problem

20. andrewilley

Thanks for the offers everyone. Photos and info updates are always very welcome, even if they just confirm that nothing has changed and everything is up to date. It's not so easy trying to make sure everything is accurate from 4,000 miles away. :(

That, and I can live vicariously through other peoples photos of beignets etc. :)

Andre

21. daveymc

daveymc Earning My Ears

We are at POFQ at the end of November and not sure how the magic band and FP+ will work for us.

We have booked through Virgin Holidays with park tickets and the free dining. Will we able to customise magic bands or is this just for people who book with disney.
    Also another query regarding park tickets are they automatically registered against the reservation so we can reserve fast passes

Thanks for any help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.