Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckinthechat

chuckinthechat Mouseketeer

That is actually really exciting!! Our trip is booked for next September (2014) on a FD BB so magic bands added to that is really the icing on the cake!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

We booked bb for next September too:)

4. Texas Barbie

Texas Barbie Mouseketeer

So did we. It was our first time at FQ, but we were very impressed and booked a BB.

5. harry24b

harry24b Earning My Ears

We booked bb for August. Will be our fourth stay. Already counting the days and it is just to many of them.

6. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

I check in on 9/28, but will be there on the 30th, through the 4th. But I'm not getting bands or FP+. Bummer.

7. ShayBells

ShayBells Ding-a-ling-a-ling

Any body know about the fridge status here? Are they all done at french Quarter for sure?? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

We were there a week ago building 6- has a brand new fridge:)

9. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Check the first post of this thread.

10. imabeimabe

imabeimabe Mouseketeer

Me too! I thought about it but decided I really wanted the convenience of the smaller resort.

11. LoveMMC

LoveMMC Mouseketeer

Miss FP+ by one day! :(

12. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Sadly, the commencement date is for ARRIVALS from 30 September onward, not for guests already there on that date.

You could split your stay if you want, so you technically checkout and check back in again on the 30th (they normally allow people to keep the same room when doing this). Always assuming you don't have any free dining plans/etc which might get messed up by rebooking, anyway. If you do try it, make the new booking (from 30th to 4th) first, and then call to get your old booking reduced in length.

Andre

13. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

Hi :) so excited to be trying FQ this year (dec 5-9) I'm usually a deluxe resort gal with club level, but took a chance on FQ for its size, and charm as well as significant savings! I am all over the place for this trip to meet my Dis Friends!

I arrive at Disney on Dec 3, spend my first night at POP
    Dec 4, move to POR Royal Room/ River view
    Dec 5-9 POFQ

How will my getting magic bands work!? I'm excited to try these but don't know if it can "move" with me from resort to resort?

Second? How about the new mugs!? If I buy one my first night at pop, will I need to buy a new one each resort change? Or can my POP mug be programmed to end on the 9th?

Lastly, this is kind of a POR related question, but hopefully some may have a recommendation:
    Currently I have a request for pattare place river view royal room, I heard some of the prettiest river views are from that blg. However I don't want to be too far from the bridge that goes to the main blg/ food court area .... Would you recommend I change my request to oak manor to be closer to ammenities?

Thanks for your help! I'm excited for my first MOD stay :)
    80 days today!!!!

Marie

14. andrewilley

No one knows for sure how (or even if!) Magic Bands will work in December (or even November) as they are still in testing at the moment. But in theory they can be reused at the next hotel, yes. The expectation is that the current testing phase will probably roll over into a live service, but no one knows the details as yet.

The mugs can be extended (by cast members) for your entire consecutive length of stay at Disney.

For your river view request, Oak is generally closer to the bridge - but the VERY best room are in one of the Parterre wings. Best to just ask for a room close to the bridge rather than any particular building.

Andre

15. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre! Will call and change my request :)

16. Mammaz

Mammaz Mouseketeer

Could you explain please? I was not able to customize our bands and we arrive oct. 11.

17. Javin917

Javin917 Mouseketeer

Sure! I had already done the online checkin when our bands became available. I could make FP+ selections but the bands weren't showing up to customize. At the suggestion of another poster, I repeated the online checkin process and the bands showed up after that was done!

18. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Not worth it, thanks, Andre.

On a totally different topic:
    Anyone know the easiest grocery store to get to between the airport & POFQ? I'm renting a car and want to do a water/milk/bagel run.

Thanks!

19. andrewilley

Which route are you taking? There's a Super Target just off the SR417, and a WalMart a mile or so along SR535 (turn off the 536 just before you get to Disney).

Andre

20. Fsudisney

Fsudisney Mouseketeer

Just booked 2 rooms at POFQ for 3 nights for F&W festival and MNSSHP in October! So excited! We've never stayed there before and it will be my parents first time staying on property! I hope they like it!

I booked through travelocity. I'd like to request connecting rooms but it did not give me any opportunity to do so when booking. Can I call disney to make this request once it shows up in MDE?

21. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

I usually hit the Super Walmart on Vineland. Pretty easy to access, it was clean, well lit, the staff was fine and helpful (though I didn't need to ask any questions or use customer service so I only ever interacted with the cashier), reasonable prices, and familiar brands.

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...t_id=5420&adid=1500000000000036338220&veh=seo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.