Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towels are at the pool. Not sure about the luggage carts as our stuff was taken to and from by bell services.

Hi! The trip is getting close (or closer anyway!) and I have a few quick questions! I remember reading that the washers switched over to HE. I usually pack the pods that we use at home but these aren't HE. Can they still be used? If not, how much is it to buy laundry detergent there? (I'll snag HE pods from my mom to pack if they're outrageous to buy!)

Also, we will need a portable crib. If I call now and note the crib request, will it be in the room already or should I just request it when we check in (around 8:30pm)? And if he refuses to sleep in there, there's bed rails available too right?

Thanks!

Hi! The trip is getting close (or closer anyway!) and I have a few quick questions! I remember reading that the washers switched over to HE. I usually pack the pods that we use at home but these aren't HE. Can they still be used? If not, how much is it to buy laundry detergent there? (I'll snag HE pods from my mom to pack if they're outrageous to buy!)

Also, we will need a portable crib. If I call now and note the crib request, will it be in the room already or should I just request it when we check in (around 8:30pm)? And if he refuses to sleep in there, there's bed rails available too right?

Thanks!

From the UK so I've no idea what HE is but I did use the detergent from the machine in the laundry as below.

Soap powder is Ares 53g box enough to do two washes for $1 and 2 bounce sheets also $1, both in the same machine which you need to use a credit card same as the washers.

Thank you! That's much cheaper than I was expecting! I missed that post...sorry! (And I "think" HE is high efficiency? I just know some of them need a fancy HE detergent!)

We've had our passes printed at Disney. I had done the checkin myself on my phone but I just gave them my last name and conf code and they printed them right out.

Could one of our current or soon-to-arrive POFQ visitors do me a favour and get some snaps of the menus in the food court for me? Just smart-phone camera pics of each TV screen would be fine, and email them (to admin(at)portorleans.org) via the resort Wi-Fi or when you get home.

I did a full update at the start of Aug, but POR had a few menu and price changes at the end of Aug (now listed) and I just want to check that POFQ is still correct too. Ideally, a full set of pics for breakfast, lunch and dinner would be perfect - but whatever anyone can manage would be great too.

Thanks!

Andre

Could one of our current or soon-to-arrive POFQ visitors do me a favour and get some snaps of the menus in the food court for me? Just smart-phone camera pics of each TV screen would be fine, and email them (to admin(at)portorleans.org) via the resort Wi-Fi or when you get home.

I did a full update at the start of Aug, but POR had a few menu and price changes at the end of Aug (now listed) and I just want to check that POFQ is still correct too. Ideally, a full set of pics for breakfast, lunch and dinner would be perfect - but whatever anyone can manage would be great too.

Thanks!

Andre

My family and I will be there next week. I will do my best to remember to do this for you.

Thanks!

Laundry detergent is $1. I don't remember if it was HE or not. I believe the box is enough to do two loads of laundry.

I would call and request it now so it is on the reservation. I think they are limited. When the kids were younger, we would always slide the bed over against the wall. No rail needed. Just a suggestion.

We did the same, see my new ticker! We actually stayed at POR in a Royal Room this time and while we enjoyed it, we definitely missed FQ. We actually went over to FQ for breakfast 3 of the days we were there. Booked for next year with FD at FQ and can't wait.

Too funny we went over to POR to have breakfast and use there pool ( couldn't believe how crowed food court was over there ) I wanted to show my kids other resort but like there mama they liked FQ better so that's where we will be again

andrewilley said:

Thanks!

Andre

We'll be arriving on 9/21/13. I'd be happy to do so.

My dh and I will be at POFQ for the first time in early October for an adult only anniversary trip...we have a king room reserved. Is there any special building, floor or room request we should make? Thanks

My dh and I will be at POFQ for the first time in early October for an adult only anniversary trip...we have a king room reserved. Is there any special building, floor or room request we should make? Thanks

That rather depends on whether there is any special building, floor or room you particularly want... or if you'd prefer a quieter area or to be near the main buildings/pool, an upper floor for less people/noise or a lower floor for easier access, near to a parking lot or a bus stop, or the boat dock, etc, etc. It's a very small resort anyway, so you are never really far from anything wherever your room is.

It can be a bit like saying you're planning on buying a new car and asking a public forum what make, model and colour you should get. :)

All that said, for an anniversary a quieter upper floor river view room might be lovely - perhaps somewhere like building 6 for fairly easy access for the buses too? Building 7 is nice too, but its river view King Rooms are about as remote as you can get.

Andre

That rather depends on whether there is any special building, floor or room you particularly want... or if you'd prefer a quieter area or to be near the main buildings/pool, an upper floor for less people/noise or a lower floor for easier access, near to a parking lot or a bus stop, or the boat dock, etc, etc. It's a very small resort anyway, so you are never really far from anything wherever your room is.

It can be a bit like saying you're planning on buying a new car and asking a public forum what make, model and colour you should get. :)

All that said, for an anniversary a quieter upper floor river view room might be lovely - perhaps somewhere like building 6 for fairly easy access for the buses too? Building 7 is nice too, but its river view King Rooms are about as remote as you can get.

Andre

I heard (rumor ) they are turning the fire pit that used to be just benches and our favorite bldg into a smoking section. That would be terrible for non smokers in that bldg. I hope that isn't true

I heard (rumor ) they are turning the fire pit that used to be just benches and our favorite bldg into a smoking section. That would be terrible for non smokers in that bldg. I hope that isn't true

I would expect that to happen, yes, as that's what was there before the campfire was added a few years ago. There was a tree located where the firepit was placed.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!