Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadheadmamma4

deadheadmamma4 Mouseketeer

Also do we need to bring towels for the pool?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Jellybass

Jellybass Mouseketeer

Towels are at the pool. Not sure about the luggage carts as our stuff was taken to and from by bell services.

4. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes, but not self-service, you'd need to get Bell Services to help you.

Andre

5. Javin917

Javin917 Mouseketeer

Hi! The trip is getting close (or closer anyway!) and I have a few quick questions! I remember reading that the washers switched over to HE. I usually pack the pods that we use at home but these aren't HE. Can they still be used? If not, how much is it to buy laundry detergent there? (I'll snag HE pods from my mom to pack if they're outrageous to buy!)

Also, we will need a portable crib. If I call now and note the crib request, will it be in the room already or should I just request it when we check in (around 8:30pm)? And if he refuses to sleep in there, there's bed rails available too right?

Thanks!

6. edinburghlass

edinburghlass DIS Veteran

From the UK so I've no idea what HE is but I did use the detergent from the machine in the laundry as below.

7. Javin917

Javin917 Mouseketeer

Thank you! That's much cheaper than I was expecting! I missed that post...sorry! (And I "think" HE is high efficiency? I just know some of them need a fancy HE detergent!)

8. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

We've had our passes printed at Disney. I had done the checkin myself on my phone but I just gave them my last name and conf code and they printed them right out.

9. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

Just back from an 8 night stay. The resort was great as usual!!

10. andrewilley

Could one of our current or soon-to-arrive POFQ visitors do me a favour and get some snaps of the menus in the food court for me? Just smart-phone camera pics of each TV screen would be fine, and email them (to admin(at)portorleans.org) via the resort Wi-Fi or when you get home.

I did a full update at the start of Aug, but POR had a few menu and price changes at the end of Aug (now listed) and I just want to check that POFQ is still correct too. Ideally, a full set of pics for breakfast, lunch and dinner would be perfect - but whatever anyone can manage would be great too.

Thanks!

Andre

11. lovemydeals

lovemydeals Earning My Ears

My family and I will be there next week. I will do my best to remember to do this for you.

12. dani7776

dani7776 Mouseketeer

Just got home on Saturday and already counting down to our next trip &#128540; we booked while staying and got free dining so now the planning and counting down begins all over !! Something to look forward to we all just love POFQ

13. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

We did the same, see my new ticker! We actually stayed at POR in a Royal Room this time and while we enjoyed it, we definitely missed FQ. We actually went over to FQ for breakfast 3 of the days we were there. Booked for next year with FD at FQ and can't wait.

14. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Laundry detergent is $1. I don't remember if it was HE or not. I believe the box is enough to do two loads of laundry.

I would call and request it now so it is on the reservation. I think they are limited. When the kids were younger, we would always slide the bed over against the wall. No rail needed. Just a suggestion.

15. dani7776

dani7776 Mouseketeer

Too funny we went over to POR to have breakfast and use there pool ( couldn't believe how crowed food court was over there ) I wanted to show my kids other resort but like there mama they liked FQ better so that's where we will be again &#128521; 6 years in a row and can't wait to go back Aug 22,2014 !!!!

16. sbarisch

sbarisch Mouseketeer

We'll be arriving on 9/21/13. I'd be happy to do so.

17. Donald & Daisy Duck

Donald & Daisy Duck <font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!

My dh and I will be at POFQ for the first time in early October for an adult only anniversary trip...we have a king room reserved. Is there any special building, floor or room request we should make? Thanks

18. andrewilley

That rather depends on whether there is any special building, floor or room you particularly want... or if you'd prefer a quieter area or to be near the main buildings/pool, an upper floor for less people/noise or a lower floor for easier access, near to a parking lot or a bus stop, or the boat dock, etc, etc. It's a very small resort anyway, so you are never really far from anything wherever your room is.

It can be a bit like saying you're planning on buying a new car and asking a public forum what make, model and colour you should get. :)

All that said, for an anniversary a quieter upper floor river view room might be lovely - perhaps somewhere like building 6 for fairly easy access for the buses too? Building 7 is nice too, but its river view King Rooms are about as remote as you can get.

Andre

19. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

I heard (rumor ) they are turning the fire pit that used to be just benches and our favorite bldg into a smoking section. That would be terrible for non smokers in that bldg. I hope that isn't true

20. andrewilley

I would expect that to happen, yes, as that's what was there before the campfire was added a few years ago. There was a tree located where the firepit was placed.

Andre

21. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

2 weeks from tomorrow and we are checking into POFQ!!!!! :dance3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.