Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinnieMeggy

MinnieMeggy Earning My Ears

These FRIO packs look pretty damn good, so we'll probably buy one of those.
    But thank you Andre :D

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed for us both! pixiedust:

4. MinnieMeggy

What I've just done for the second half of my stay (at AKL, first half is POFQ) change your check-in time and you're then able to customise your bands :D

5. Jellybass

Jellybass Mouseketeer

Just called the resort to reqeust top floor near dining, lets see some pixie dust..pixiedust:

6. jgperkin

jgperkin DIS Veteran

Hi Andre,

We are checking in on the 18th. How will this work for us? Should we wait and get our mugs on the 19th to avoid confusion?

7. lilfish

lilfish Earning My Ears

We just returned from POFQ last night! It was AMAZING!!!! We were sad to leave!

We had booked a standard room - we were upgraded to a garden view room in building 2. It was beautiful!!! :) We had a fridge in our room - and the rooms were perfect! My kids loved the hidden mickeys on the bedspreads! :)

I thought building 2 was perfect - we were close to the pool, food court, and gift shop.

We used the pool almost every day. It never seemed crowded- and we were there at all different times of the day - morning, noon and night.

We ate in the food court - and were always happy. The fresh made ice cream sandwiches are HUGE - and delicious!!! We ate breakfast there most days before heading to the parks.

We watched a movie on the lawn one night - lots of fun! :) We also roasted marshmallows. Marshmallows were included - as many as the kids wanted to eat. The pool games were also fun. One day we spent just hanging out at the hotel!

We walked down to Riverside for dinner one night - we ate at Boatwrights - it was so DELICOUS! :)

It was our first time on property - and we LOVED every minute of it!!!! :) Thanks for all your tips!!!!!

8. MinnieMeggy

Ahhhh this mini review excites me so much! I'll be there in 31 days!
    It will be my first time on property too so hearing all your amazing comments makes me that little bit more excited to get there ;)

9. middlesista

middlesista Mouseketeer

Living vicariously through your trip - sounds wonderful! Can't wait to return :wave2:

10. bankgirl05

bankgirl05 DIS Veteran

32 days for me!!! :cool1: and I totally agree with you, getting a bit more excited reading this!!!

11. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

And all of that makes the 453 days till I get to POFQ feel like an eternity. :hyper:

12. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

So glad you had a wonderful trip!!! We will be there in 3 days, and we cannot wait! ::yes::

D~

13. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

No, you can get your mugs when you arrive. The new mug issuing process started a few days ago, so you'll get a chipped and activated mug on the 18th all ready for when the sensor system is turned on the next day.

Andre

14. RebeccaB

RebeccaB DIS Veteran

40 days til we check in! Can't wait. POFQ is our favorite resort so far! I was able to get FD for both us and the inlaws, except we have standard room and they have garden view. Fine by me, as long as we're in the same general area. :thumbsup2

15. jgperkin

jgperkin DIS Veteran

Thank you!!! You are the best!

16. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

I'll be there in 4, also, I'm on the FB page too!

17. Stitch Waffles

Stitch Waffles Earning My Ears

RFID or not, I'm just glad they are issuing new mugs.

18. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

How strong is the wi-fi at POFQ? Is is spotty, or does it work well?

19. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Me too.... We probably know eachother. LOL :)

D~

20. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Wireless connections seem to be fairly good (although it can depend on your individual room location of course). My bigger issue is with the quality and speed (bandwidth) of the link on the other side of the router, speedtest.net gave me very variable results even with very good Wi-Fi signal strength at POR.

Andre

21. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

When we were there in May, connection good, speed slow and having to agree each log on, real pain .... But it's free..!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.