Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amandals2007

amandals2007 DIS Veteran

this is my 500th post on this site and i just wanted to say......

35 DAYS TIL IM BACK HOME AT FRENCH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!

:lmao::cool1::thumbsup2:rotfl2::);):happytv::rotfl::confused3:wizard::banana::3dglasses:love::laughing::hippie::scared1::cloud9::santa:popcorn:::woohoo::hug::rolleyes1:sick::yay::teacher:pirate::rolleyes::laundy::cheer2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. winterman

winterman DIS Veteran

I just had a 5 day stay at POR but didn't get my Disney 'fix' for a number of reasons - only 2 park days, first time with an infant (13 mo.) but most of all the HEAT. Almost as soon as I got home, I started trying to figure out when I could go back. There are a number of complicating factors but I finally came up with 11/9/13 to 11/16/13. This time I wanted to go to POFQ. This will be my third time there. I called on Wed. and asked for a AAA rate. The only thing they had left was river view, which I didn't particularly want but I took it. Then, the next day the Fall discount was announced. I wanted to see if I could get anything at FQ that was cheaper. Yesterday I couldn't get through at all. Today I called at 7:15 am. I was on hold for 30 minutes and got the answer I expected - nothing available at FQ. I didn't waste the call, though, and gave him my ground floor request and my flight numbers for Magical Express.

I am so excited!! I have never planned a trip on so little notice but since I'll be alone, I won't be doing more than 1 or 2 TS meals so ADRs will not be a problem.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

4. MaryJPixie

MaryJPixie Mouseketeer

Hello does anyone know what time boat transportation starts to downtown disney? TIA :)

5. sjt22

sjt22 Mouseketeer

I think it's 10am from riverside :)

Sarah x

6. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Good thing I read that! That will save me a trip back to my room to get a card. I would have turned up with coins as usual! Anyone have a pic of this new set up? Is there a card machine for each washer/drier or are there a few 'central' ones?

Can you not get a fee free pre-load travel card and just put a few $$$ on it for the trip? I don't know where you live but you can usually get them

7. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

just go to walmart and buy a visa gift card, they will accept those.

8. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

Checked into POFQ today and received some pixie dust. I booked a garden view and got a riverview:cool1: Glad to be "home" again.

9. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when Christmas decorations usually go up?

10. pixiedustmomma

pixiedustmomma Mouseketeer

I know when we went the weekend after thanksgiving the Christmas decorations were up.

11. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

Silly me but I'm kind of excited about this. That's one less roll of quarters for me to put in my carryon. :cool1:

12. fantayzya

fantayzya Earning My Ears

Taking a bit of a break from lists and packing for a sec and since I'm not sure I'll get another chance before we hop in the car early tomorrow morning to make the drive (We're in Michigan so it's a LOOOOOONG drive lol) I wanted to thank you all and especially Andre for all the great and very helpful info on this beautiful resort. We've stayed on property several times and visited POFQ but haven't enjoyed a stay yet.

You've given me insight to it's less obvious treats and things to watch out a teensy bit for as well as keep my excitement level up while dealing with the more mundane aspects of a rather involved family vacation.

I can't wait till we arrive on property and I can feel my stress and blood pressure levels drop knowing I'm home again.

Thanks everyone!

13. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Check page 140 post 2089. I was there when the changeover occurred and knew folks here would want pics.

14. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

My aunt and uncle just checked in today and are furious with not having a working refrigerator. They didn't know about it until they got to their room and there was a sign on the refrigerator.

They are in building 1 on the second floor.

I told them to go to the front desk and see what could be done. They will be there for a week and have brought items with them that need to be refrigerated.

15. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Thank you so much for those pics! I must have missed them around the time you posted (I was packing up to move house around that time - it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

I must make a mental note to be very careful what machine I am selecting :rolleyes2 I can't tell you how many times I have thrown my detergent and laundry into a machine, put the coins in and hit Start ..... and I'd put the cash into the wrong machine :blush: Then followed a scramble for paper and a pen to put a note on the one with detergent in it to warn the next person that it was there :scratchin

So how are these more secure? Do you select your machine and pay, and then it releases the lock?

16. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

We didn't get a fridge either and we are in building 1:(

17. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

48 days till check in. Will be my third time at POFQ and I am excited. Have a pool view booked though I would prefer a river view. But since it's booked with the Military Salute discount I will take what I can get just to get back to my favorite resort.

18. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

While we all know there's nothing that they can do about the situation being as it is, I do feel that Disney World could have made more effort to communicate the situation to guests in advance. I know they can't get hold of every guest by email, but it does seem that they didn't really try.

Andre

19. irishsymphony

irishsymphony Earning My Ears

This thread was great - thanks to all contributors as it helped me make up my mind to book FQ for the PHM in Feb.

I've never done a race before OR stayed in a WDW Resort in Orlando so feeling happy that I have a nice hotel for the money paid, and won't be one of the bigger, more he tic ones!!

Hopefully anyway :)

20. Ravenne

Ravenne A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply ear

Ditto! I might get a Visa GC for room incidentals too. The last time we went to WDW, we came home to a credit card bill with over $800 spent at Forever21.com. We don't have ANY ONE that would shop there. In fact, the one time I stepped foot into one of their stores, the friend I was with and I swore we'd never go back. Thank goodness the cc company took care of those charges, but it was sure a panic and a pain.

21. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

They could have at the very least told them when they checked in instead of letting it be a "surprise" when they got to the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.