Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nittanyliongirl02

nittanyliongirl02 DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me...or have you done it....what is the best way to get from POFQ to Universal or IOA?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

The refillable mug drinks dispensers are in the food court.

Andre

4. pooch

pooch Still feeling special!!

??

5. andrewilley

Could you write your messages in the message area please, rather than the subject line, as many people don't even see those subject lines on portable devices. Thanks.

However I repeat my previous answer: the refillable mug drinks dispensers are in the food court. Only. Nowhere else. These ones, in fact:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andre

6. NewCrew42

NewCrew42 One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

They are located in the middle of the food court ding area.

7. skriegerjr

skriegerjr Monorail Maven

Building 5 facing the grass courtyard is our fav spot and we've been fortunate enough to have our request granted for each of our previous trips to stay there. Quiet, close to pool and short walk to bus stops. I'd stay at this location from now on and be perfectly happy!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

8. troyseyfert

troyseyfert Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Is that a different form of minute maid light lemonade I see? Is there a FLAVORED light lemonade?

Can someone let me know soon...would like to know this...would make my stay at POFQ that much better...I know, I get exciteda bout the little things. :cool1:

9. andrewilley

Meanwhile, over at the food court menus page on portorleans.org...

Andre

10. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

The resort is so small the pool isn't far from the food court..

11. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

Building two is directly across the gardens and pool from building five. Either would be ideal!

12. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in on Wednesday!!! We requested building 5 which is what we asked for the other 2 times we stayed this year and we got it, same king room! Hoping for the same room again in building 5!

13. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

After so many trips with the kids we just enjoy the serenity being on the river small resort we stay in building seven so we can walk over to Riverside short walk . The buses are much faster only one stop. We like the smaller resort . No worries we ended up gettin the fd then and this coming nov. but we live to walk to riverside a few hundred times lol. Better gift shop

14. My2CrazyGirls

My2CrazyGirls DIS Veteran

Are there really no elevators??? You have to drag your luggage up stairs??????

15. andrewilley

Yes there are elevators at French Quarter (two per buildinng, see my maps linked from the first post in this thread). What makes you think otherwise?

Andre

16. My2CrazyGirls

My2CrazyGirls DIS Veteran

Oh ok, thanks. So just AB at POR doesn't have elevators then?

17. andrewilley

Correct.

Andre

18. denise5374

denise5374 <font color=CC0066>Dares to say CRUISE out loud<br

2 questions:
    1) Can you buy beer the 12 pack or case in the store?
    2) If yes, any idea on cost?

Thanks!

19. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Sure, you can buy anything pretty much on property... But it comes at a price...

Beer on property, draughts are 5-6 bucks a pop...domestics a little more... Say 6.50 a bottle... Take that times how many you want ( Disney really doesn't discount if you want a 6 pk or a 12 pk) so TA got 6.50 x 6 = 39.00.....

Best to order beer for delivery, go to a store and buy what you need or Hess Station, on property, I hear has a lot better prices...

We do a grocery stop in route and purchase beer wine alcohol and pop... Along with sandwich makings....

Some grocery delivery service will deliver spirits, minimum food order required before adding alcohol... Just wont deliver booze !!

20. fantayzya

fantayzya Earning My Ears

I am so excited about our first ever stay at POFQ - check-in in 38 days!!! and have been grabbing all of the bits of wisdom in this thread to help assure that our first ever vacation (first ever visit actually) with my husband's grand-daughter is the best it can possibly be.

We are coffee-holics. I am for sure, but on vacation my husband gives me a run for my money and now my 17 year old son is becoming quite the fan as well.

I read that the coffee-makers in the rooms are now the single serve pod type (soft Senseo type, not K-cups) and that they only provide 2 regular and 2 decaf (we won't use those lol)

We were going to grind some beans and bring our own to either replace or supplement what was in the room but this news has me considering other options.

Before I commit to a plan, I thought I'd verify. Did I read all that info correctly? only 2 soft pods per day?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and for all of the other great info here (and on the POR website as well)

Lori

21. babygirlamg

babygirlamg DIS Veteran

Been staying at pop for the last few years...planning a trip for February and my 11 year old wants to stay somewhere new and with a waterslide...I know it's a big change from the pop ...will my 11 year old and myself like this resort????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.