Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Yes. You just have to hit a few buttons on your phone to set it up. Most times you get Stitch telling you to get up.:stitch2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes.... you do! Well, you do if you've read the FAQ in the first post anyway. :)

The Port Orleans French Quarter check-in lobby will be undergoing refurbishment starting from Monday 13 May 2013. Work should be completed by mid-July but please remember that schedules can always shift a little. Firmer details on the estimated completion date should be available in June.

Andre

4. NewCrew42

NewCrew42 One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!

Thank you for the photos!

5. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Thank you, I'm gonna go shoot some more. :) Good morning from POFQ.

6. lisalonglash

lisalonglash <font color=green>I have a <font color=teal>thing

What a great thread! We can't wait for our first stay at POFQ!! :cool1:

7. switch15foot

switch15foot Mouseketeer

Got a FD pin ... so all book for Dec 3 to Dec 15 at POFQ, upgraded from AoA Cars and saved $1700 for three adults, enough to cover flights ... first time staying at POFQ looking forward to it, only stayed one other time at Movies.

8. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

How did you get this FD pin? Is it emailed? Regular mail? I have never got one. But my parents did once about a year after their first trip.

Curious as we are booked through a TA for October and hoping a pin or deal comes out.

Sydnerella's Mama

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can always call and see if you have one attached to your name. We have gotten them via email and snail mail. But one time I called just to check and we had a FD pin attached but never received any indication. Never hurts to make a call.:thumbsup2

10. switch15foot

switch15foot Mouseketeer

My friend got it via email, and I was able to use it as we share the address.

11. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

We will be at POFQ for the first time in October with free dining! So excited, have only stayed at a value before. My sister and I are traveling together, made ressies at FQ and then figured we would wait for Fall promos and hope that if I called early enough we could get it applied to our current reservation. Saw last week about people getting fall FD pins. Called - nothing for me but my sister did. Had to upgrade to Garden View but got FREE DINING!
    Funny thing is, I am the Disney planner, have gotten lots of pins over the years, do everything I can to keep getting them and my sis who does nothing, got the pin.

Very excited to stay at FQ, I love the look of the resort.

12. laceyinwonderland

laceyinwonderland Mouseketeer

Will a gallon of milk fit in the mini fridge? TIA!

13. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

You might have to remove the shelf. I had a quart (and I've had a half gallon before) and they fit fine. Someone up thread said that they got a gallon in with no problem.

14. talmarsh

talmarsh Earning My Ears

I also have a reservation already made prior to receiving my pin. Is it alright if I ask why you had to change rooms?

Thanks.

15. bas71873

bas71873 DIS Veteran

I just called to see if I had a PIN and I did, BUT, there were NO more rooms at POFQ eligible for the FD PIN for our dates (11/30 - 12/6). I could have moved to POR, but we don't want too. Oh well!

16. mom2AidanAndEli

mom2AidanAndEli DIS Veteran

I'm just really curious on this one. You'd give up Free Dining to stay in POFQ instead of moving to POR? Can I ask why? Is there really that much of a difference? I just can't imagine giving up a savings like that!

We're booked for FD with a PIN at the end of August. Our first trip to POFQ. Always stay at a value, but once we upgraded all four of us to full Dining instead of QS, it was pretty close to the price of a moderate. Thus our stay at POFQ. But we were debating POR and just wondering what makes such a difference for you!

:goodvibes

17. Ava83

Ava83 Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I must have Diet Co

Just booked our first stay at POFQ with FD pin for Dec 4-12. We have stayed at Pop 3 times so this is our first move up. We are excited.

18. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

No standard rooms for our dates for that PIN so upgraded to Garden View to get FD. Upgrade was around $80/week for each room.

19. talmarsh

talmarsh Earning My Ears

Oh.. I booked with a TA and already had the room before I got the pin. She said she'll try integrating FD. Hope it works I wouldn't want to lose the room, but I'll go for POR if it means FD!
    Going 31/8-8/9 and the dates are set in stone (flights and school!)..
    First time for me (100th for girlfriend) "insert-excited-smiley :)"

20. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Tell her she will need your pin but she can do it'!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. TaurusNYY

TaurusNYY 1st timer, going back for more :D

I changed from POR to here and it worked out. We got a garden view room. I keep reading that the resort is so small, but I feel like I should at least try and make a suggestion for a location. Building 5 seems so far as a popular choice. Anyone here just leave their room to Mickey magic or should I give it my Disney try :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.