Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groomer Gal

Groomer Gal Mouseketeer

It's official...my family and I are heading back to POFQ Dec 5-14th!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: <--- that's us in case you run I to us at the food court.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. westgirl

westgirl Mouseketeer

We'll see you there! We're going from 11/23/13 - 12/08/13 v v excited!

4. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Here is the coffeemaker as well as the pods provided. The coffee was good. We brought our own Half & Half so we wouldn't need the creamer packs.

[​IMG]

5. leshunlenese

leshunlenese DIS Veteran

Just switched to POFQ today. It is our 1st time at the resort. Pretty excited

6. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

Debbie...thanks for the coffee photo....looks like that will work for us...especially with our own half and half...hate that powdered stuff!!

7. edinburghlass

edinburghlass DIS Veteran

One more short sleep for us, taxi at 5.30 am tomorrow :cool1:

Many thanks to all on this thread and the POR thread, especially Andre and his website for all your helpful posts.

ps we are pretty excited too :)

8. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

That coffee pot looks very nice - thanks for the photo... And the coffee is good? Looking forward to better coffee at Disney. All I need is to get creamer from somewhere, and I'll be good. :)

D~

9. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Question about the outdoor movies: Is there something to sit on? Benches, stumps ... etc?

10. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

If I remember correctly, there were CMs around passing out pool towels for us to sit/lay on.

****ETA****
    I just checked Andre's site and it confirms my memory.

http://portorleans.org/recreation.php

11. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Pool towels?? You might be able to answer a question I had. I don't want to pack "beach towels" for our trip. They take up too much valuable souvenir room in our suitcase. Do they let you borrow/rent or whatever towels for the pool or do you use your bath towels in your room?

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

There are complimentary towels available at the pool. No need to bring any from home nor from your room. There is also a towel drop off at the pool for when you're done.:thumbsup2

13. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yes, pool towels are available. No charge.

Andre

14. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! Thank you! I figured we would just take towels from our room. Being available at the pool makes it easier.

15. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

Is it safe to assume that it's too early to send a fax 8 days before check-in? We're doing a split stay and 8 days in advance is the last time we have access to a fax machine before checking into FQ. We did put requests in by phone, and confirmed 1 of the 2 requests online. I guess that will have to suffice?

16. ashleyrm

ashleyrm DIS Veteran

Headed to POFQ for a 4 night/5 day stay starting Thursday 5/9. My 3rd time staying there so if anyone has any questions they need answered later this week, feel free to ask!

17. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Many people seem to send faxes that early, and to be honest what have you got to lose by trying?

Andre

18. debf

debf Mouseketeer

So I'm a little bummed. We are booked Aug 22- Aug 31. The current discount is only 5% off POFQ. Does anyone know if they offer a AAA discount at POFQ? We really want to stay here but would like a little better than 5% off. We we were hoping for free dining buts that's not happening this August.:sad1:

19. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

Okay, sounds good. We'll give it a whirl and will report back if we hear anything. Thanks!

20. cmjensen

cmjensen Earning My Ears

I thought they don't look at faxes for room accommodations anymore? Can you confirm?

21. Pooks

Pooks Earning My Ears

Can you use the ferry boats if you're on an EVC?

I'd love to use them but I'm not sure ill be walking by the time we go in September ☀

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.