1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Its funny, because if you CAN find it in the US, its often Called Canadian Bacon ...

Despite being a Canadian, I actually prefer the strips, although lean strips, most of the stuff you get is, as you say, mostly fat :(

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. saraheeyore

saraheeyore DIS Veteran

they do mickey waffles with a sausage. mine will probably have that everytime. mine are picky too. when are you going?

4. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

Yep, if you want anything similar to bacon that you get in the UK you need to get Canadian bacon.

If you think the regular US bacon is mostly fat, you should try fatback sometime.

5. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

Unfortunately we don't get the coveted Family Day! :(

6. msmama

msmama DIS Veteran

Just back from my 1st trip to FQ and LOVED it.

I'm still not sure I'm sold on Mods in general, but I would certainly stay at FQ again over ANY other Moderate resort. LOVED the small size and knowing I wouldn't have to walk another 10-15 minutes after I got back to the resort.

We only had one bus issue and that was the DTD bus. We had to use the bus because a storm went through so boats weren't running and FQ came AFTER Riverside so it was a looooong commute.

I found the food court to be pretty good. The rooms were surprisingly quiet considering the movies were shown right outside my door every night. I could hear them but they weren't overly loud and didn't keep my son up.

I thought the arcade wasn't as good as the Pop one (the only other one I've ever been to) but we just use that to kill time anyway so not a big deal. The pool was colder than I would have guessed but the hot tub was great! My 5 year old was super proud of himself for becoming (in his words) "Master of the Waterslide!!"

Certainly no complaints and I would quite happily stay here again. I was in building 4 (with connecting rooms) which was just about perfect. Ground floor, which I always avoid in values, but had no problems with here!

I think I'm a may be a POFQ convert, lol!!

7. SHISHI

SHISHI Mouseketeer

Thank you!! I will call them,

8. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

Since I will be staying here in December, I will hang out for tips. :surfweb:

9. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We will be spending our 5th anniversary at POFQ & it's our first stay here in all our 20 something trips.

I have three questions.

1) are the coffee makers in the rooms the cuisanart pod ones?

2) are there always taxis out front say 730 am? Or do we need to call for one? We have a 8 am breakfast at GF on our anniversary.

3). In Sept does POFQ share bus with POR?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

My answers are in red.

11. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Yes.

12. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Thank you Bill!! This will make DH happy

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

13. AladdinToMy4YO

AladdinToMy4YO Earning My Ears

I'm looking forward to my first stay at POFQ with family 2 June - 7 June. I stayed at POR by myself one night after a conference a few years ago and just loved the grounds. POFQ looks like it will be great for lots of park time but also some quality family time hanging out at the POFQ pool, POR pool, taking the boat to DTD, etc. I've loved the great tips from everyone on Disboards that have helped plan all previous trips and this one.

14. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

Checked in at POR yesterday. This resort is AMAZING! Did online check in so there was really no wait and to top it off we were upgraded from a standard room to a Courtyard/River view Royal Room. I did use Venom's fax template and mentioned on my fax that my DD8 would be turning 9 this trip. I think the CM saw the shock on my face at check. He just smiled and said " the notes on your reservation say: We want April to have a magical stay in a princess room for her birthday." We are in Parterre Place so just a short walk over the bridge to the lobby / food court / and main pool. What a great start to our vacation!

15. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Wow! Nice upgrade Fancy! Tell your DD Happy Birthday from all of us! What dinner or meals do you have planned for the big day?

16. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

We are doing the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Desert Party!

17. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

That's wonderful and I hope the rest of your stay is just as lovely. However, you might want to repost this at the POR thread, this is POFQ. :flower3:

18. saraheeyore

saraheeyore DIS Veteran

hi. does anyone know if i can get soy milk or rice milk at POFQ shop. would like some in room so my son gets some milk in the 2 weeks we are there. he has an intolerence to cows milk

19. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

While I can't say for 100% sure since I haven't stayed there yet I will say I've almost never had a problem finding silk in wdw be it at a resort or CS. But hopefully someone can tell you for sure!

20. austraveler

austraveler Mouseketeer

Yes you can definitely get Soy milk at POFQ. We are here now. There are a few different flavours.

21. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

I just read on another thread that Elliott Dyson had been laid off by Disney. Elliott played at Scat Cat's club during weekends. Can anyone on this thread confirm the news? Andrew?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.