Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

the 19th is the only day we planned to go to DTD, thought the kids would really like the boat over.

Still a good day to go, and you'll have the International Dragon Boat Festival to enjoy there too (which is why the river ferries won't be running, don't want to run into the race boats on the lake!). See http://www.gwndragonboat.com/Default.asp?id=19&l=1 for details. The ferries will be running again in the evening on the 19th to get you back to Port Orleans.

Andre

I booked POFQ with the S/P/D offer for Visa cardholders. We're going 3/1 to 3/8. I'm excited to check this resort out! We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge and in April we stayed POR in a Royal guest room. We loved POR except it was such a huge resort and everything was very spread out. Looking forward to POFQ being a smaller resort.

You're going to LOVE POFQ!! We, love POR Mansion also but once we tried POFQ we were hooked!! We'll be there for Mardi Gras holidays that week, too. There should be a small parade sometime that week at the resort. Here's a link regarding some of the past events of Mardi Gras week during previous years. http://www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php

You're going to LOVE POFQ!! We, love POR Mansion also but once we tried POFQ we were hooked!! We'll be there for Mardi Gras holidays that week, too. There should be a small parade sometime that week at the resort. Here's a link regarding some of the past events of Mardi Gras week during previous years. http://www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to check out the resort. I love WL and how the resort isn't spread out, but didn't want to pay so much, so I think POFQ will be a good option for us. We are driving so we'll arrive late afternoon on the 1st and we'll take the boat to DTD for dinner. We always drive but just moved from PA to NC and are very excited to be cutting our drive time in half!

I was at POFQ 9/25-10/2 for an annual trip with my mom. It's our favorite resort! We had a great stay, as always. I did have a couple of complaints. Not horrible, just annoyances.

First, I had requested a fridge because of medication that needs to be refrigerated. We had a new fridge, yay, in which I put a couple bottles of water and my meds. The next morning I realized the fridge was running so cold that the water bottles had blocks of ice inside. I got concerned about my medication, I'm not sure if it freezes if it gets too cold, or whether that level of coldness has some affect on it. I went to turn down the thermostat and found the dial had been removed and a cover had been placed over the hole. It took a while, but I pried the cover off and tried to turn the post (what was left of the temp control) but it wouldn't budge. In the end, it didn't seem to cause any harm to the meds, so all's well that ends well, but I thought this might be of interest to people bringing refrigerated medications.

Second, I was not at all happy with a couple members of the food court staff. Specifically, the two ladies running the bakery station. The phrase "slow as molasses" came to mind while I was waiting 10-15 minutes for them to make more beignets. I wasn't being impatient....I was pretty psyched to get some fresh ones. But the wait had more to do with the speed at which they were moving than cooking time. The lady taking my order spoke in 2-3 word sentences and was almost inaudible. When I had to ask her to repeat everything she said she got testy with me, as if I was bothering her. There were 4 others waiting by the time the beignets came out. Only 2 of them wanted beignets, but weren't asked what they wanted, so they had to wait with the rest of us to place their own orders. Again, not a big deal, and I didn't complain about it, but it upsets me when people in the service industry act like people are bothering them when they want something.

There was also something I'm not sure what to make of....there was no conditioner in the bathroom when we first arrived, so my mom left a note asking Mousekeeping to leave some when they cleaned the room the next day. When we got back there was a plastic bag on the counter with 8 conditioners inside, and only one shampoo in the bathroom! I wasn't sure if this was a passive-aggressive act or an overwhelmingly nice gesture, but I choose to believe it was the later!

Staying at FQ for the very first time in January. I have stayed at CSR the last two times I have visited and loved it. My sister's family has us all booked at FQ and we are excited and can't wait for our trip. But I am a little bit of a bedding snob the bedding at CSR is nice and soft and fluffy. I HATE that thin scratchy bedding and it's hard to tell from the pics how the bedding is at FQ so if someone could let me know that would be great. Thanks so much.

Personally, I found the pillowcases scratchy last week.

Personally, I found the pillowcases scratchy last week.

Was just at POFQ last week of September, and while I LOVED the resort, the beds were really uncomfortable. My husband and I both left with major back and shoulder issues. We had stayed at CSR last year and the beds there were quite comfortable. Sure hope POFQ can get some better mattresses or back to CSR we go!

:sad2:

Was just at POFQ last week of September, and while I LOVED the resort, the beds were really uncomfortable. My husband and I both left with major back and shoulder issues. We had stayed at CSR last year and the beds there were quite comfortable. Sure hope POFQ can get some better mattresses or back to CSR we go!

:sad2:

How was the bedding...I am a bedding snob and I am so scared it's thin and scratchy. I have stayed at CSR and theirs is really comfortable so I am thinking of switching.

Was just at POFQ last week of September, and while I LOVED the resort, the beds were really uncomfortable. My husband and I both left with major back and shoulder issues. We had stayed at CSR last year and the beds there were quite comfortable. Sure hope POFQ can get some better mattresses or back to CSR we go! :sad2:

All I can say is ugh!!! So not what I want to hear :(

After a full day at Disney you should be able to fall asleep on a rock! I have never had a problem with any of the beds or bedding.

We've stayed at most (no AS) Disney Resorts multiple times since 1981... :love: The only beds I found uncomfortable were at POP - definitely too hard - housekeeping brought up an egg crare and made up the bed...then it was very comfy. The pull put couch at SSR was awful - that thing was literally hard as a rock - even an egg crate did not help. :sad2:

FQ and POR had pillow top mattresses last time we stayed there - very comfy. :)

I'm going to POFQ for the first time December 2-10 and I can't wait!! :cool1:

I've traveled a lot, and I've found that packing a pillowcase in my luggage helps tremendously. It not only prevents any possibility of a scratchy pillowcase, it will also smell like home. The pillowcase takes very little space, and housekeeping will just leave the pillowcase and make up the bed with it on there. I do make sure it's a dark pillowcase so it won't be mistaken for one of the hotels and accidentally removed.

Is it December yet???

After a full day at Disney you should be able to fall asleep on a rock! I have never had a problem with any of the beds or bedding.

Neither have I. In fact neither has my DD when she was younger stretching out and falling asleep on the floor en route to the bed :rotfl2:

However, not to make light of the situation; I do appreciate that for some, the bed and bedding would have a huge impact on their sleep

I find POFQ beds really comfortable though. Maybe we just pack too much into a day at the parks and are too tired to notice

We've always found the beds and pillows comfortable at POFQ. We have a pillow top at home and I actually prefer the beds at the resort. I also LOVE the smell of the towels, including the pool towels. It may just be the "Disney Kool-Aid" but I wish I knew what they use to make them smell so good. :love:

Neither have I. In fact neither has my DD when she was younger stretching out and falling asleep on the floor en route to the bed :rotfl2:

However, not to make light of the situation; I do appreciate that for some, the bed and bedding would have a huge impact on their sleep

I find POFQ beds really comfortable though. Maybe we just pack too much into a day at the parks and are too tired to notice

A bit off topic but I noticed that you quit smoking. Congratulations! DH and I quit together 21 months ago and love being smoke free. We've gotten through 2 trips to WDW, a hurricane, and a few unpleasant events and haven't been tempted to start again. We also have SO much more time at WDW now that we're not always searching for and spending time in DSAs! Keep up the good job! :thumbsup2 Plus, the fast walk to Soarin' and TSM are lots easier now that we can breathe so much easier. :laughing:

I'm going to POFQ for the first time December 2-10 and I can't wait!! :cool1: I've traveled a lot, and I've found that packing a pillowcase in my luggage helps tremendously. It not only prevents any possibility of a scratchy pillowcase, it will also smell like home. The pillowcase takes very little space, and housekeeping will just leave the pillowcase and make up the bed with it on there. I do make sure it's a dark pillowcase so it won't be mistaken for one of the hotels and accidentally removed. Is it December yet???
What a great idea! I'll make sure to pack one :)

A bit off topic but I noticed that you quit smoking. Congratulations! DH and I quit together 21 months ago and love being smoke free. We've gotten through 2 trips to WDW, a hurricane, and a few unpleasant events and haven't been tempted to start again. We also have SO much more time at WDW now that we're not always searching for and spending time in DSAs! Keep up the good job! :thumbsup2 Plus, the fast walk to Soarin' and TSM are lots easier now that we can breathe so much easier. :laughing:

Thanks. I have my ticker on the DIS but in my 'real' life have told nobody. This is attempt no. 25 at least :rotfl: I had to do it far out from my trip because being at WDW has always been my downfall so I need the habit to be well gone. You will see from the ticker though that I have now saved nearly enough to pay for our tandem parasailing on Bay Lake :goodvibes Running and the stepping machine have become my new addiction. Your encouragement means a lot. You must have known. it's been a rough day :flower3:

Apologies to all for using this as a therapy board lol

Thanks. I have my ticker on the DIS but in my 'real' life have told nobody. This is attempt no. 25 at least :rotfl: I had to do it far out from my trip because being at WDW has always been my downfall so I need the habit to be well gone. You will see from the ticker though that I have now saved nearly enough to pay for our tandem parasailing on Bay Lake :goodvibes Running and the stepping machine have become my new addiction. Your encouragement means a lot. You must have known. it's been a rough day :flower3:

Apologies to all for using this as a therapy board lol

Sorry for hijacking the POFQ thread, but it sort of has something to do with the resort and DSAs. ;) Anyway, good for you, keep up the good work. :cheer2: I tried to quit lots of times before too, and this time it worked. Between DH and I we've saved almost $10,000 already. Amazing. Tomorrow will be better and it does get easier.

I am thrilled POFQ was part of today's SPD deal ... after this Fall's Free Dining promo, I wasn't expecting to have this option. But, today I booked our first stay here in February. Woo Hoo!

We were in POR last June and loved it! Wanted to try a different time of year ... maybe with less crowds and less heat! LOL! Excited to try this new (to us) resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter