Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

ANDRE! I am sitting in the laundry area right now and the prices on the machines were just changed from $2.00 to $2.50 (washers and dryers). The techs came in after I put my laundry in the washer. When I went to the dryer, the tech said the system was rebooting so he gave me a free dryer load using his codes for the machine. Literally, this price increase happened ten minutes ago.

Wow... So that means, if they keep the same price increase schedule of .50 every 10 minutes that one load (washer or dryer) will cost me $14,976 when my trip happens in 208 days..... Will just have the girls wear layers and jump in the pool.... :-)

Hi Everyone! We are WDW veterans...this will be our second Christmas week trip...we went last year...but I'd like to start of list of things we need to make sure we experience at POFQ as it will be our FIRST time at this resort and we are so excited!

Are there DVD players in the rooms? If not, does the front desk have them to borrow/rent?
Thanks!

Are there DVD players in the rooms? If not, does the front desk have them to borrow/rent?
Thanks!

Def not in the rooms and I'm pretty sure they're not available at all.

In other news: 3 Days until I'm checking into my favorite place on the planet!

I am sure that this has been answered in here somewhere. I did read the first page and FAQs and didn't see this answer. Can someone approximate the distance via the river walk between FQ and Riverside?

This is easily the front runner resort for the WDW trip I'm starting to plan for February 2017. It looks so CHARMING and I like the location!

I went through four search pages, and the FAQ part of this post with no success.

We are scheduled to check in the 24th. We have always done a room only ressie but have never done early check in. I want to do it this trip with the newer process.

1) Does early check in have any impact on the five day cancellation policy?
2) We note that we want building 4 when we first made our ressies. I know most resorts have a "close to transportation" option for early check ins. Suggestions on choosing that option or standing with what we already have?

I'm not expecting any issues with our travel, but my wife is concerned about the cancellation policy.

1) Does early check in have any impact on the five day cancellation policy?
2) We note that we want building 4 when we first made our ressies. I know most resorts have a "close to transportation" option for early check ins. Suggestions on choosing that option or standing with what we already have?

1) No, you can still cancel as normal, even after having done Online Checkin.

2) Building 4 is a good choice, but even better would be to ask for "close to main building and transportation", if that's what you want. However it's such a small resort that it really doesn't make a great deal of difference. See also www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php.

Andre

1) No, you can still cancel as normal, even after having done Online Checkin.

2) Building 4 is a good choice, but even better would be to ask for "close to main building and transportation", if that's what you want. However it's such a small resort that it really doesn't make a great deal of difference. See also www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php.

Andre

Thanks, we have stayed at POFQ the last few visits. Since we have a car I like Building 4 for the bus stops and parking lot. We spend most of the time at the parks or the pool so an upgraded view is not important.

Where are the locations of the electrical outlets in the room? I will be renting an ECV this trip and I wonder where I can charge one.

Where are the locations of the electrical outlets in the room? I will be renting an ECV this trip and I wonder where I can charge one.

There are dual outlets behind the table, next to the bed (bathroom wall side), behind the bedside table (a bit hard to get at) and next to the sinks. Plenty of choice anyway.

Andre

Just got the "Late Summer 20% discount". Saved my DW and I $290 for our trip in Sept. at POFQ and saved my in-laws $267 on their Garden View room at POFQ. I had been checking for the last 3 weeks and Disney finally opened up some rooms. :) Only 129 more days to go until we are "home".

Hi Everyone! We are WDW veterans...this will be our second Christmas week trip...we went last year...but I'd like to start of list of things we need to make sure we experience at POFQ as it will be our FIRST time at this resort and we are so excited!

You will love it! We did! Have fun planning your trip.

This is easily the front runner resort for the WDW trip I'm starting to plan for February 2017. It looks so CHARMING and I like the location!

Hi! I just wanted to let you know there is a thread for people planning a 2017 or 18 trip already started that you might want to join. It is a great place to discuss your trip with others planning so far out. Join us! http://www.disboards.com/threads/whos-already-planning-for-2017-or-2018.3332439/

I will try to add the link.

Get you some beignets at the food court! But I still believe you should not get the first batch of the day but give them a chance to warm up the fryer. Be prepared for powdered sugar EVERYWHERE.

You are also required by law to take photos of as many of the 9 Jazz Playing Alligators as you can.

True dat! :joker: Pretty, quaint and charming are always the first 3 words I use for POFQ. And the location seems not bad to anywhere.

I vote stick with what you have and do NOT make any requests at online check in. I did online check in/direct to room this year; when I originally made the reservation by phone, I requested "convenient to main bldg" and got a great spot in Bldg 2. I did NOT request "close to transportation" in online check in - because "transportation" could also include the boat to DTD, which is at the end of Bldg 2 away from the main bldg (and parking). You might say "transportation" thinking it only means the bus stop and get a big surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter