Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Normally, bounceback leaflets are put in the room by mousekeeping.

Andre

In November 2014 it was in the welcome booklet they gave us at the front desk when we checked in. I just don't want to miss it if we do the direct to room on our next trip.

Just got back from ASMovies. There is now a booklet in the room with the packet that holds resort information, and the bounce back is a tear away sheet in that book.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On the subject of bounceback offers -- If you reserve one and then have to cancel and schedule another date that is beyond what is shown in the offer, will they still honor the bounceback price?

On the subject of bounceback offers -- If you reserve one and then have to cancel and schedule another date that is beyond what is shown in the offer, will they still honor the bounceback price?

No, you can only reschedule within the date range of the original offer.

Holy cow! sorry guys I posted those pictures from my tablet, I didn't know they would be HUGE.

Just FYI those are the current BB dates for 2015.

I booked Room Only but they also had Packages available. I know in October2014 they had free dining offers for 2015 as well but only for limited dates. (I only know because they kept telling me my Oct 2015 dates were outside the offer and then said free dining, but then I told them I needed RO and they used the dates shown on the flyer, so if you are there and plan on late Aug/Sept/early Oct you might ask about the FD dates if they are still being offered).

Oh, okay. I used the new photo feature and thought I must have done something wrong. They had a thumbnail option, maybe that would be the better choice then you can click to enlarge. Any way hope the pictures help.

I plan on staying at FQ on my trip next year....I stayed at POR my last trip in 2012 and loved it and we walked to check out POFQ and I loved the themeing! How far out can you call and make a reservation? Is it a year?

I just gad to share my EXCITEMENT!!! We are arriving at POFQ on Monday from New Orleans......AND WE HAVE NEVER stayed there before! Stayed at a lot of others but this is our first POFQ trip! Excited to see Disney's idea of New Orleans :)

Mardi Gras this year (Tuesday 17 Feb) will feature the resort's annual "pargo parade" (mini float competition, designed and run by the resort cast members) at 10am, and then lots of Mardi Gras fun and games from 5pm-9pm at French Quarter.

Andre

Last edited:
I was just in Baton Rouge this past weekend and the Mardi Gras activities have already begun. :jester: It was really fun to see and I actually got stuck in a small Mardi Gras parade. My GPS didn't know about the parade....:scared:. Anyway, I arrive at FQ in 3 1/2 weeks and this was a great lead in to that experience. Can't wait!:hourglass

In-Room Products:
What are the current in-room shampoo/conditioner supplies?
Most important is it separate shampoo and conditioner or the combined junk?

If you want to watch the Port Orleans Mardi Gras parade live, pop over to the www.eyesonears.com website at 10am EST tomorrow morning (Tuesday 17 Feb) as site user Darlene (username 'newharmony') plans to live stream it.

You'll need to be registered on the site to view the video feeds and join in with the live chat, but it's quick and free to do. If you miss it, Darlene has said she will record it so you'll be able to catch up on it later.

Enjoy!

Andre

We arrive on the 29th for our first stay at POFQ. The past few years we have been fortunate to stay at various deluxe resorts where my two children have not had to share a bed (dd13 ds7). We just came back from the trip of a lifetime on the Disney Magic Cruise where we stayed in the Royal Suite and we all had bedrooms to ourselves! That said, no deluxe for us this year since that cruise was a huge once in a lifetime splurge.
So, I am looking for ways to make our sleeping arrangements comfortable for all of us and keep the peace. The last thing I want to hear is bickering in Disney World. Since we will have our car, its not a big deal to have some extra luggage. Will a blow up mattress for DS7 fit in the River View Room?
Just wondering if anyone has tried that before and how it worked space wise.
I apologize is this was covered already in this thread - I think it was but I cant seem to locate the info again.
Best,
Amanda

We actually have gotten 2 twin size air mattresses in the rooms at POFQ. We put one between the beds (it's a bit tight, but doable) and the other on the side closest to the door and that one fits nicely. We travel with 2 teenagers and DH sleeps with a CPAP machine so he has to have room. This way, we all get our own bed and we all get great rest. It's tight at night when we're sleeping, but you're sleeping, so who cares and we stand them up in the morning and put them up against the connector door to make room in the room. Works great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter