Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

POFQ has one bus stop off the main lobby. POR has four scattered through out the resort. If the buses a shared upon returning from the park, POFQ is always dropped off first. The bus then proceeds to POR. There are big icons hanging from the ceiling in the food court at POFQ. You may want to Google images.

We're bood at POFQ for August, garden view, two rooms. They don't need to be connecting rooms (my parents are only coming for a couple of days). It looks like the resort is small enough that getting around on foot isn't a problem, but due to my Mom's health I'm trying to decide on which building to request. We've never stayed there before.... I think being close to the main building and bus stop will be the most important factor for her. Suggestions?

We're bood at POFQ for August, garden view, two rooms. They don't need to be connecting rooms (my parents are only coming for a couple of days). It looks like the resort is small enough that getting around on foot isn't a problem, but due to my Mom's health I'm trying to decide on which building to request. We've never stayed there before.... I think being close to the main building and bus stop will be the most important factor for her. Suggestions?

Building #4 is the closest to FC and bus stop.

I need help! Please!! We have always stayed All-Star Movies. Disney themed, and well cheaper :D .... I wanted to upgrade to moderate to satisfy my husband (try something new)... But I can't decide between POR and POFQ. I love that POFQ is smaller, and the rooms look beautiful. But. I despise New Orleans, lol, living an hour and a half away, and having went twice in the past month alone it just reminds me of dirty city, random people asking for money. (My opinion, please don't be offended) ....I just feel like I would get tired of being surrounded by Mardi gras and jazz music the whole time. POR is beautiful, but I don't too much care for the AB rooms at ALL and the fact that the resort is huge! I am booking through a TA, standard, so I assume at POR I would be farrrr away from the main building. Guys, help me. Or just pick for me! Gah! :rolleyes2
I totally understand the reluctance to stay at PORFQ due to the Mardi Gras theme. That was the same reason I never stayed there in the past. But I finally stayed there last Feb. it was beautiful. We love it now! The size of it and the grounds are perfect for us, I really didn't notice the music that much. The only thing that stood out was the huge head in the food court but it wasn't as bad as I expected. It is pretty high up and there is a back room where the decorations are less obtrusive or you can often sit in the little lounge area at breakfast and perhaps other times when it is busier. Those are nice sitting options to get away from the over the top theming

We are staying at POFQ for the first time in April. Now I am a big POR fan but this is an all girls trip and one of the ladies is celebrating a milestone birthday and she wants to stay there and birthdays rule :bday:! After reading more and more about POFQ I am getting excited to stay there however I am not wild about those Mardi Gras heads either! :joker:

I just switched from POR to POFQ and I'm really excited! We are cheking in on Memorial Day weekend. We stayed at POR 2 years ago and were set on it again this time but deep down, we kept thinking of POFQ.

I have 2 questions:

1- I have Hoop Dee Doo reservations for Sunday. Can I pick up those tickets somewhere in POFQ, or do I pick them up right before the show? We are going to the 6:15pm show and wanted to spend as much time possible at MK before taking the boat there.

2- We are picking up a rental from the World Car Care Center (Alamo) on Tuesday around 7pm. We are going to DHS that day; do you think its best to go straight from the park or have a shuttle pick us up at POFQ? Do I advise the resort of my rental during check in so I can get a parking slip or do we do that the morning of?

Thanks for your help!

I just switched from POR to POFQ and I'm really excited! We are cheking in on Memorial Day weekend. We stayed at POR 2 years ago and were set on it again this time but deep down, we kept thinking of POFQ.

I have 2 questions:

1- I have Hoop Dee Doo reservations for Sunday. Can I pick up those tickets somewhere in POFQ, or do I pick them up right before the show? We are going to the 6:15pm show and wanted to spend as much time possible at MK before taking the boat there.

2- We are picking up a rental from the World Car Care Center (Alamo) on Tuesday around 7pm. We are going to DHS that day; do you think its best to go straight from the park or have a shuttle pick us up at POFQ? Do I advise the resort of my rental during check in so I can get a parking slip or do we do that the morning of?

Thanks for your help!

We picked up our Hoop De Doo tickets a couple of days in advance at the concierge desk.

If I'm staying offsite, can I park at POFQ for breakfast? Didn't know if there was a guard at the gate that would prevent that if we're not staying at the resort.

Thanks,

All booked to go back to POFQ for a week in mid-May! Can't wait!! :banana:

So lucky your wait is much shorter than mine! I just booked my November trip at my home away from home POFQ and I have still have 278 days to go! So happy that its all booked and I can stalk the boards and plan every day! :thumbsup2

The February 2015 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedule for Port Orleans French Quarter is now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedules page for a full-size printable PDF version.

The evening campfires will commence at 5pm this month and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 7pm. These events will this month take place on alternate days at the two resorts - Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at Riverside, and Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at French Quarter.

Oh, and don't forget Mardi Gras on Tuesday 17 February.

POFQ-Rec-2015-02.jpg

Andre

Staying at POFQ for the first time at the end of February. I've heard different things about which buildings/rooms are preferred, but it seems like there isn't a general agreement. We're traveling alone and don't plan to spend time at the pool, so which building would be best for us?

Thanks for the help!

Staying at POFQ for the first time at the end of February. I've heard different things about which buildings/rooms are preferred, but it seems like there isn't a general agreement. We're traveling alone and don't plan to spend time at the pool, so which building would be best for us?

Thanks for the help!

It's a small resort so I can't imagine any 1 building being bad. We were in building 5 and loved it. We weren't facing the pool and we were right around the corner to the food area. I would look at a map and see if requesting a room facing the water might be what you would like also, we are thinking when we go back to POFQ requesting a water view. Have fun and I think you will LOVE it!!

It's a small resort so I can't imagine any 1 building being bad. We were in building 5 and loved it. We weren't facing the pool and we were right around the corner to the food area. I would look at a map and see if requesting a room facing the water might be what you would like also, we are thinking when we go back to POFQ requesting a water view. Have fun and I think you will LOVE it!!

Thanks so much! I think a water view would be nice so I may try to request that. We're counting down the days!!

We are staying at POFQ in 2 standard rooms Aug 30 to Sept 5. Looking at the map building 7 seems the furthest. Is that where the standard rooms are? Should I upgrade to be closer to the main building?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter