Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

TillyDe, I just wanted to let you know that the post you quoted is not entirely correct. All resort guests do not have to check in at the front desk. If you choose online check-in and the text option, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the front desk. I've used the text option multiple times, and it always has worked flawlessly. It is especially convenient If you have a late arrival or will be arriving at a busy time.

TillyDe, I just wanted to let you know that the post you quoted is not entirely correct. All resort guests do not have to check in at the front desk. If you choose online check-in and the text option, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the front desk.

Do remember that this option is not available to all guests. First, you must have had your Magic Bands delivered to you in advance (which rules out any guests coming from outside the US) and you must also have set everything up on your MDE account, including adding a credit card for payment and creating a PIN in advance, and completed the full online checkin process.

Also, I strongly recommend that first-time visitors DO NOT use the direct-to-room system, as you'll get a lot of useful information at the front desk, not least of which would be directions to get to your room. And that first interaction with a front desk cast member is all part of the magic.

Andre

I would like to thank everyone for all of the great information. It has been 5 years since I have been to Disney and POFQ. A lot of things have changed along the technology line. I am still old school trying to learn the new school ways.

We just got back yesterday. I had a pool view room (booked at the CM friends & family rate), and was told there was nothing else available. I did online check-in and requested upper floor corner. When we were changing planes in Atlanta I got the text that the room was ready, and to my surprise, they gave me my requests, but in Building 7 with a river view. Pixie dust!

They didn't have the decorative purple & gold pillows on the beds, but everything else is as pictured. We preferred the pool at POR, but loved the small footprint of POFQ—bus stops, laundry, pool & food court all a short walk away. I would definitely stay there again.

Checking into POFQ for the first time next week. So DD stopped by the hotel tonight to discuss our room assignment....I need ground floor, so they said they were putting us in bldg 4 ground floor. I am not one to be concerned with a view as much as convenience. I do not like my curtains open, so with the curtains closed, it's not like the view ever really matters.
Anyway, anyone here stayed in bldg 4? Did you find it convenient? We might use the hot tubs a couple times but I don't do public pools. I want convenience to the food court and bus stop. :)

Stayed in Bld4 twice, this year on ground floor overlooking the parking area BUT between the room and the parking area is a large garden area although the rooms are standard view and its a short walk through to the back of the bus stops without having to go through the main building. Its my area of choice as also a short walk in the other direction to the food court. Enjoy your time there.

Checking into POFQ for the first time next week. So DD stopped by the hotel tonight to discuss our room assignment....I need ground floor, so they said they were putting us in bldg 4 ground floor. I am not one to be concerned with a view as much as convenience. I do not like my curtains open, so with the curtains closed, it's not like the view ever really matters.
Anyway, anyone here stayed in bldg 4? Did you find it convenient? We might use the hot tubs a couple times but I don't do public pools. I want convenience to the food court and bus stop. :)

Stayed in Bld #4 during our W&D Half Marathon trip. We couldn't have asked for a better location (especially after the run and after party). It is a very short walk to the bus stop, hot tub, food court/lobby/jackson square. The boat dock to DTD is a quick walk also. We really enjoyed our room in Bld. #4. We also had a ground floor room which was nice after the run.. :)

We've stayed in building 4 twice, both times on the 3rd floor. The first time was overlooking the parking lot, which you really can't see, rather there's a view of a very pretty grounds and a garden in between the room and the parking lot. The second time we were on the 3rd floor facing the courtyard and fountain. 4 is an excellent location, convenient to all amenities. If you're on the far end of 4 of course, it's not as close to the main building, bus stop, etc. Both times we were just a hop, skip and a jump from everything. There is only one hot tub on property. I LOVE the pool at POFQ, so refreshing to take an afternoon swim break from the parks.

I don't want to do the direct to room because I want to find out what room we are assigned to - in case we need to ask for a change.

Plus, what about parking permits that you put in your windshield? They don't give them out anymore?

I don't want to do the direct to room because I want to find out what room we are assigned to - in case we need to ask for a change.

No matter what, you can ALWAYS go to the Front Desk and check in with a CM.

Plus, what about parking permits that you put in your windshield? They don't give them out anymore?

No, your Magic Band is your parking pass.

No matter what, you can ALWAYS go to the Front Desk and check in with a CM.

No, your Magic Band is your parking pass.

They still issued a paper parking pass we were told to display on our dash at the resort we stayed in July. I will check on this as we arrive on Thursday and We will have DD's car, so we will need a parking permit. I know you can use your MB (or I get a KTTW card still) to open the gate to enter the hotel property.
I will report back and let you know what I find out Lucas. :)

They still issued a paper parking pass we were told to display on our dash at the resort we stayed in July. I will check on this as we arrive on Thursday and We will have DD's car, so we will need a parking permit. I know you can use your MB (or I get a KTTW card still) to open the gate to enter the hotel property.

My Brother and family checked into POFQ Thursday and did not receive a parking pass. They've used their MBs for all parking access.

Parking passes are still issued in front-desk packs, but are not essential with Magic Bands. Useful when going to the parks though, as you will be waved straight through rather than messing with bands.

Andre

Parking passes are still issued in front-desk packs, but are not essential with Magic Bands. Useful when going to the parks though, as you will be waved straight through rather than messing with bands.

Andre

That's what I was thinking.

Also, even though you have to show your band when parking at another resort for dining ressies, I like to have the pass in the dashboard so they see that right away.

Thanks!

We'll be checking into PORFQ this coming Friday. See you there!

DD stopped by the resort already to check on our reservation and such. The room assignor went ahead and blocked out our room on the ground floor in bldg 4. Wave as you walk by!! We will wave back!! :)

Just returned from settling in DD for her internship. We stayed at POFQ from Saturday to Thursday, then moved to the Yacht Club for two nights to celebrate my birthday. Only disappointment was we were in Bldg 7. Too far a walk in pouring rain! lol. Actually, two disappointments - Port Orleans needs new pillows!!! The beds are so comfortable - but those pillows are terrible. :-(

We did have a paper parking pass for the dashboard. Housekeeping had the room cleaned right away every day. We took the boat one night to DTD but missed the last one back so had to take a bus back. We also went over to Riverside one night for drinks. Very pleasant visit, just extremely HOT! Didn't spend much time at the parks because we were busy moving on DD and setting up cable. Not your typical "vacation"! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter