Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We've always done on-line check in and requested specific buildings. Every single time we were placed in the building we requested, and all but once, the level we requested. In fact, when we checked into Caribbean Beach last week I asked where our room was located, and the CM smiled and said, "Exactly where you requested". :)

We have stayed here multiple times, and are returning this fall with our adult sons and their fiancées, 3 who have never stayed there. I want them to get the 'full effect' with the greeter there, giving them beads. We have not always had him there. Does anyone know what hours he is posted there? Since we are arriving by ME, and the resort knows we are en route, because of that, do they make sure he is there to meet the busses?

We have stayed here multiple times, and are returning this fall with our adult sons and their fiancées, 3 who have never stayed there. I want them to get the 'full effect' with the greeter there, giving them beads. We have not always had him there. Does anyone know what hours he is posted there? Since we are arriving by ME, and the resort knows we are en route, because of that, do they make sure he is there to meet the busses?

He is only present until 3:30pm. After that there will either be a front desk CM or Bell services CM there, but they will not be in the greeter costume.

Going to be staying here for W&D race weekend! :) Looking forward to it... I haven't stayed since 2000, when it was still just Port Orleans. :joker::jester:

I made one request when I made our reservation, Building 4. No room number ranges. No floor requests. I figured with roughly 14% of the rooms within the request they could find one. About an hour before our scheduled check in I received a text telling me I was in 1315. It appeared I was wrong. I ended up calling the POFQ "phone number" and they switched us to 4322.

I'll be staying here for the first time for Wine and Dine along with my friend!! Can't wait to try a new to me resort (I'm usually a CBR girl)!!

DH and I just booked this for when we pick DD up when she finishes the College program. So excited always wanted to stay here. We are booked in a RR any tips?

Just switched from Wilderness Lodge to POFQ, for our 3rd stay here. I just couldn't justify the extra $1400 when POFQ is equally as wonderful !! We are driving down from South Jersey 8/27-9/6.

Andre~~~ I hope you can help me. We have 2 reservation numbers for our trip mid October. I have a BB reservation. That reservation has the room request we had from our trip this past Christmas/ New Years. But then i added another nights stay at the end under a different reservation number. What should i put in the fax to ask to be in the same room? I will do the on line check in with my basic requests. But i'm hoping we will be able to get the same room.
Thank You

Sorry not royal room River room

Ah, that makes more sense then! :) As has been said, buildings 2 and 5 are nice locations (although some people say that 2 gets a bit too much noise from the nearby ferry boats, but once the door is shut it's really not that bad). If you want a bit quieter location, building 6 is very nice too, and pretty convenient for the buses too.

Andre~~~ I hope you can help me. We have 2 reservation numbers for our trip mid October. I have a BB reservation. That reservation has the room request we had from our trip this past Christmas/ New Years. But then i added another nights stay at the end under a different reservation number. What should i put in the fax to ask to be in the same room? I will do the on line check in with my basic requests. But i'm hoping we will be able to get the same room.

Just mention in your fax that you have sequential reservations and would like to stay in the same room if possible. This situation does crop up quite often, when people book dining plan offers that are only available for a limited period and they want to stay longer for example, and it's quite rare that they ask people to move. Make sure that this has been arranged when you first check in. You will need to officially be checked out on your swap-over day (i.e. make final payment, use up any dining plan credits, etc) and then check back in again, which will mean your magic bands will need updating for continued door access, but that can be done at any time of the day as long as they have agreed your room location can be ongoing.

Andre

Just switched from Wilderness Lodge to POFQ, for our 3rd stay here. I just couldn't justify the extra $1400 when POFQ is equally as wonderful !! We are driving down from South Jersey 8/27-9/6.

How long is the drive down from South Jersey? We used to live in Georgia, only about 5 1/2 hours away from Disney, but we moved to northern Virginia and I'm trying to get a feel for how long the drive is going to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter