Port Orleans French Quarter or Hilton near DD??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by labst60, Jun 8, 2004.

1. labst60

labst60 DIS Veteran

Jan 6, 2003
    For the same price ($109 per night for king bed) - which resort would you choose and why? Two adults (late 20's), no kids.

Also, if you would choose POFQ, any room request recommendations?

We usually stay at the Swan but they are booked solid for 3 of our night :-(.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. poohbear2

poohbear2 <font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=

Mar 16, 2002
    POFQ definitely!! We had a great time there. It was quiet, clean and the pool was fun. We plan to go back next summer. Hoping to do half POFQ and half the POLY. We stayed in bldg 5, close to the pool. But the resort is small, so it really isnt that far from any of the blgds to the pool.
  4. MAC3

MAC3 <font color=6666FF>I'll be quiet now!<br><font col

Jan 28, 2002

Let me just say that once you stay onsite you will never leave.....

We stayed at ASMu in 94 and haven't left yet... Bought DVC instead (2001).

But good luck in your choice, it may be one that changes your life and makes you a Disney Freak like the rest of us!

5. Grumpy92

Grumpy92 DIS Veteran

Nov 14, 2001
    POFQ, was there a week ago and the rooms rehab was worth the wait. We all loved it. We requested bldg 3 which was a great location very close to the main bldg. What is good about this resort is that it is small so really walking to the dock or the main bldg isnt bad at all.
  6. dimimi

dimimi DIS Veteran

Jan 7, 2003
    POFQ would be my vote. We just went in May and loved it. It will especially good if you plan on using the extra hours that the park is open. You also have the use of POR and many food courts and one restaurant. We could stay there for a couple days w/o going to the parks. Have fun.
  7. julybride

julybride Mouseketeer

Jan 17, 2004
    POFQ. We stayed their for our honeymoon in 1993 and loved it. Being onsite is just so much more convenient if you are only visiting WDW.
  8. dismom3

dismom3 Mouseketeer

May 16, 2004
    POFQ hands down!!! You're not going to get the disney magic if you don't stay on site. You still get the EMH by staying at Hilton, but I would stay at the FQ. We've gone twice - it's awesome! Also, check mousesavers because I think you could do better than 109 a night. Check those codes! We're going for $74 a night.