port canaveral hotel

rngrblu9

Mouseketeer
hi all. i am wondering what hotels are recommended in the port canaveral area on these boards for the nite before your cruise. thanks!

In Cocoa Beach (a 5 min drive) there is the Radisson (very popular, but more $$) I have stayed at The Best Western, Hampton Inn & Suites.. All three of these have shuttles to get you to the port for a very minimal fee...The two I have personally stayed at, are very inexpensive, and although not 5 star hotels, they were more than efficient for our overnight needs... :goodvibes

p.s. They also offer free parking for cruisers..

mommasita,

How is the Best Western? We are looking to stay there because we would like an oceanfront hotel.

How was the shuttle? What did it cost? How was the timing of it?

On my last cruise out of Tampa, we had to wait until 1:00 to get on the shuttle, and if we have to wait in Port Canaveral, I will just pay the parking fee at the port!

captchris said:
mommasita,

How is the Best Western? We are looking to stay there because we would like an oceanfront hotel.

How was the shuttle? What did it cost? How was the timing of it?

On my last cruise out of Tampa, we had to wait until 1:00 to get on the shuttle, and if we have to wait in Port Canaveral, I will just pay the parking fee at the port!

We had no qualms about this hotel...Great location, stores across the street, restaurants, etc....Rooms were clean, neat, service was fine..

THe shuttle was 5$ per person (as of last sept)...We do have an obsession about getting to the port EARLy, so we took a taxi...Almost the same price, as we were 4....The shuttle started at 11am, and that was too late for me...No necessarily for others, just for me... :goodvibes

CaptChris:

For what it's worth - I am sailing 10/29/05 YEAH :dancer: :banana: OK- sorry. Just so excited.

I am booked at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. We also wanted to be on the beach. It's not the Radisson at the Port, but heck of a lot cheaper. We also plan on taking a taxi to avoid shuttle overpopulation. I checked biddingfortravel.com and then booked through priceline. We got the room for $55.

we stayed at the radisson and liked it a lot, great pool and location, nice shuttle to the port, and close to the budget car rental office. Breakfast was included for $156 a night and it was good.

tinkryansmom said:
CaptChris:

For what it's worth - I am sailing 10/29/05 YEAH :dancer: :banana: OK- sorry. Just so excited.

I am booked at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. We also wanted to be on the beach. It's not the Radisson at the Port, but heck of a lot cheaper. We also plan on taking a taxi to avoid shuttle overpopulation. I checked biddingfortravel.com and then booked through priceline. We got the room for $55.
I will probably be driving down so I will have the trusty minivan with me to park. If it is $5 per person plus a tip for the driver each way, I am thinking for the sake of getting there early, it is worth it to pay to park my car at the port, and have that flexibility.

The radisson offers free parking for the length of your cruise if you stay there at least one night.

mommasita, how much was the taxi? we're staying at comfort inn. and they said the shuttle leaves at 11.30.
also i've been reading about a trolly/bus service? anyone know about this? my dd wants to go to ron jons, so i'm hoping there is a cheap way to get there. tia

They are building a new Sheraton Four Points hotel in Cocoa Beach....they are accepting reservations for stays after Dec 1, 2005.

I am happy about this as I can use my sheraton points!!!

We use priceline quite a bit for our precruise hotels in Cocoa Beach....I put in for a 3 star and have gotten the Doubletree Suites (comp. warm choc. chip cookies at check-in!) for $40 a night....when their website listed cheapest room at over $100.00.

Have also stayed at the Radisson in the 2 king, 2 room suites and those are very nice as well. Once I got one of those at $89.00 but that was years ago...nothing close to that now!!

MJ

kehouse said:
mommasita, how much was the taxi? we're staying at comfort inn. and they said the shuttle leaves at 11.30.
also i've been reading about a trolly/bus service? anyone know about this? my dd wants to go to ron jons, so i'm hoping there is a cheap way to get there. tia

The taxi was somewhere from 10-15 dollars...Certainly under 20 with tip..Just can not remember exactly....There are buses that run all down the hotel strip, sorry never took one..We were almost right next to Ron Jon's...

We stayed at the Ron Jon's Cape Caribe! Absolutely beautiful condo units and fun lazy river, water slides, pools, zero entry for the kids, etc.... We got there early enough to swim all afternoon. We had a 2 bedroom unit that cost $237.60, which sounds expensive, but it all depends on how many people are in your group. My parents also went with our family of 4, and we let them have the grand master bedroom/bathroom. We split the cost of the condo $118.80 each (this was a AAA discounted price) so not all that unreasonable compared to some of the other hotels. They have a beachside building and a poolside building. We asked for poolside and got it on the 3rd floor right over the pools. We also stopped at the grocery store on the way over so we could maximize our pool time and not have to deal with restaurants. We had micro mac& cheese for dinner (kids loved it) and waffles/ready to eat bacon for breakfast. Units also have washers and dryers if you need them. Fabulous resort and no timeshare presentation was even asked of us. Check out www.dcltribute.com for this resort and others in the area.

For our 9/3/05 Magic cruise, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in CB. Very nice and very clean. It has a business center and guests have free access to the computers. Conveniently located next to the hotel is a Publix grocery store. DH dropped us off at the Port at approx. 10:15 a.m., drove the rental car to Budget, and he was back at port within 30 minutes.

Jan

We also stayed at Holiday Inn Express for the 9/10/05 Magic sailing. Very Nice hotel, looks very new. Also had wireless service free. No shuttle, but we were driving our own car which we parked in the Port parking lot no further than 50 yards from the DCL entrance. We highly recomend them!

At the Radisson is there a charge for the shuttle? There will be 7 of us, and this may definitely play a factor as to where we stay.

We were considering the Best Western, but there is a charge for the shuttle there. If there is no charge at the Radisson, then it is very much worth it to pay extra to stay there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter