Port Canaveral Car Rental

Postal68

Registered
Where are the Port Car rentals located?
Are they right at the Port or do you have to shuttle to the terminal from the agency?
We are coming in on Sat night for a Sunday cruise. It seems it would be cheaper for me to rent a car for one day at Orlando airport and drive to our Port Hotel and return the next morning than hiring a service or Disney transportation.

Lat cruise we just rented for the week and left the car at the hotel during the length of the cruise, but I'm pricing it out as renting for one day, then renting again when we return for the next four days after the cruise.

I have to see what deals come up and it may end up cheaper just renting for the 8 days but I'm exploring options.

There are no rentals at the port but the car rental locations have shuttles. The easiest thing is to drop off the passengers and luggage at the port and then return the car. Just make sure that the driver has their license so they can get in the port on their return. Getting one person in the shuttle without luggage is pretty easy so they can get back to port quickly.

We have never had problems with the Budget rental on return to PC. Just remember that these rental locations are locally owned and relatively small. Without a reservation you will not get a car. They are like your hometown rental agency, not an airport type car rental.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

You may want to check this thread for info on car rental agencies near the port.

They are about 5 or 6 minutes away by shuttle. We have used most of them and have run into delays from time to time and other times had no problem so there is none "better" than another.

I price them all out and pick the one with the best rate for when we want to rent.

you can find some great rental car discount codes at www.mousesavers.com

I have had good luck with this code for Budget: X474200

Also, we have had pretty good luck with Thrifty. They do charge a drop off fee but even with the drop off fee (a charge for picking up at one location and dropping off at another) they are often cheaper than others.

Price them all out using the different codes and reprice again before your cruise as prices often change and go down.

MJ

. . . We have used most of them and have run into delays from time to time and other times had no problem so there is none "better" than another.
We have had similar experiences.

Once you book a rental car, sign up for their membership program. This will speed up the process at the counter.

Check the gas gauge before leaving the agency. Sometimes the agencies don't verify what the prior renter reports.

Woody

We have been pricing out renting a car or taking the Disney Cruise bus and renting a car for the remainder of our trip when we get to WDW. We are flying in on Saturday morning, staying one night at WDW and then taking a 4 day cruise. When we return we are going to stay another 3 nights at WDW. We have been pricing out cars and found that Alamo is down to $187.00 for the 9 days we need the car and then we will pay the 15.00 a day to leave it at the port. We are scheduled to board the ship early and want to get to the port by 11:00 am. I will keep checking to see if the cost of the car goes down anymore but even if it doesen't we are preet happy with what it's at. I like the thought of having the car avaialbe as soon as we get off the ship. We also are members of several car rental agencies so get that discount. I bought a Entertainment Coupon book for 5.00 since they are going out of business and the coupon they had in there for Alamo was still good so I got a bit more off of the rental.

Not sure if this fits into the thread or not, but just wondering if anyone knows about carseats for the rental cars. Our two girls are still in carseats, but we don't want to bring them on the airplane. What company do you recommend and what cost is involved?

Not sure if this fits into the thread or not, but just wondering if anyone knows about carseats for the rental cars. Our two girls are still in carseats, but we don't want to bring them on the airplane. What company do you recommend and what cost is involved?

I wouldn't rent car seats from anyone, I would bring my own ( and have for our vacations since having kids). You have no way of knowing the history of a rental seat. It isn't even the rental agency you have to trust, but also that every person who has already used the seat was complete forth coming with anything that may have happened to it. Driving in an unfamiliar car, on unfamiliar roads is not the time I want to have any questions on my kids car seats.

Has anyone used this Alamo location after a cruise? Do they provide shuttle service?

Cape Canaveral_alamo
6211 N Atlantic Ave
Cpe Canaveral, FL 32920
Ph: 3218660324

ACDSNY said:
Has anyone used this Alamo location after a cruise? Do they provide shuttle service?

Cape Canaveral_alamo
6211 N Atlantic Ave
Cpe Canaveral, FL 32920

Yes, we used Alamo after our last cruise in March. The service was very easy and they provided a coach shuttle service to and from the port. When coming out of the port terminal building the shuttle stop was located to our left, across from the Disney Express buses.

Hope that helps!

Yes, we used Alamo after our last cruise in March. The service was very easy and they provided a coach shuttle service to and from the port. When coming out of the port terminal building the shuttle stop was located to our left, across from the Disney Express buses.

Hope that helps!

Great to know! Thanks!

I wouldn't rent car seats from anyone, I would bring my own ( and have for our vacations since having kids). You have no way of knowing the history of a rental seat. It isn't even the rental agency you have to trust, but also that every person who has already used the seat was complete forth coming with anything that may have happened to it. Driving in an unfamiliar car, on unfamiliar roads is not the time I want to have any questions on my kids car seats.

This is my thoughts as well, however, is there room on the cruise to store a carseat? In our case, it's a booster seat? It would have to go in our stateroom correct?

We used Avis and their facility near the port has a storage room for booster/car seats. Thus we didn't have to worry about storing it in our cabin.

I did a one way from MCO to Port Canaveral with Budget last week before a 7-day WC cruise. I got a great rate for a 2-day rental (we stayed 2 nights at WDW), half of what it would have cost for my family of 4 using DCL transportation or a limo for a one-way trip. Even though the limo services will take you to a super market, it was nice being able to go to the Winn Dixie for bottled water and snacks at our leisure, and to also stop at the ABC for some bubbly. The Budget office is about 3 miles past the terminal, and there was also a Hertz nearby. When we dropped off at 11:30 am, there were about 30 people ahead of us waiting for the van. My guess is that we would have waited up to an hour, and we had a noon to 12:30 check in window. I got a cab, who charged $5 per person, which I thought was reasonable given how much time and hassle he saved. We were flying out at the end of our trip, so we used DCL transportation so that we could take advantage of the on-board airline check in.

This is my thoughts as well, however, is there room on the cruise to store a carseat? In our case, it's a booster seat? It would have to go in our stateroom correct?

We haven't been on DCL yet, but we did have two full size car seats when we did NCL in Hawaii. We puzzled them together and they fit on a shelf in the room. We are planning to bring just boosters for our trip in August 2014 and hope there is room to store them - they will be high back so it may be a challenge. Worst case we will store them in the tub and just take them out when we use the tub. We probably won't need them on the cruise but we have a party of 6 traveling so will rent a car to get from MCO to PC.

Cape Canaveral_alamo
6211 N Atlantic Ave
Cpe Canaveral, FL 32920

We used this location at the end of July and was beyond disappointed. We waited for nearly 45 minutes AFTER disembarking the cruise (Carnival Sensation) for a shuttle. The other rental companies had came by 4-5 times. I even called the location and it didn't help. So, no I would not recommend it. Stay VERY VERY far away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!