Port arrival time vs boarding time?

twinone

Mouseketeer
We've been on the dream before but arrived around 1 or 2pm before, as of now we have confirmed a 11am port arrival time (we'll be staying in a local hotel) so what time can we expect to get onto the ship? Should I move the port arrival time later? Last time we were at the port and on the ship quickly

Boarding frequently begins around 11:45am. With an 11am port arrival time it will be crowded, but you will also receive a low boarding number. Once they start calling the boarding numbers, the crowd begins to thin out and it moves fairly quickly. You'll likely be onboard shortly after noon.

Enjoy your cruise!

Boarding typically starts at 11:45, although on our last Fantasy cruise it was 11:30. With an 11:00 terminal arrival time, you'll have a low boarding number. To give you an example of the timing, I had a whiny one having a fit because we had a number 8 (a couple years ago). I told her it would take 20 minutes...and then I timed it. 18 minutes after the "family of the day," we were literally standing on the Magic.

You will have a short wait in the terminal, but it will move quickly.

There really isn't any advantage to moving your assigned boarding time. If you decide to arrive later, you just show up when you are ready. We had an 11am boarding time. We didn't get to the port until about 12:15. We had been assigned #4. Since they were boarding #9 at that point, we didn't have to wait in the terminal at all.

Any idea how many people are assigned each time slot...wondering if it is just better to chose a later time and avoid the 11 AM rush? I guess the advanateg to get in early is on the boat early & the option to upgrade...anything else?

Your boarding card number is tied to your port arrival time. SO...if you have an 11:00-11:30 arrival slot, you can anticipate a low boarding card number. The advantage is that you'll be on the ship sooner.

NOTHING says you have to arrive at 11. Everyone focuses on the earliest number on their arrival slot but in reality, no one has an 11:00 arrival time. They have an interval from 11-11:30. If you arrive about 11:30, you will check in and basically walk onto the ship. If you'd prefer to avoid the crowds, arrive about 12:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter