1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

POR vs. Boardwalk

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by momfor3princesses, Oct 17, 2012.

1. momfor3princesses

momfor3princesses Earning My Ears

I am struggling on where our family of 5 should stay during our spring break trip.:confused3 We have stayed at POR and enjoyed it but we hated taking the busses everywhere. As far as the Boardwalk, I like the fact that we can walk to both Epcot and HS. We use all parks pretty equally. So all of you Boardwalk fans, please tell me why we should pay A LOT :sad: extra to stay there.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Santa

Santa DIS Veteran

I like the Boardwalk but not the long bus rides to MK, AK & DTD. Unless the transportation has changed in 5 years the buses also share with Swan, Dolphin, BC & YC.

4. need2travel

need2travel Mouseketeer

We've stayed at both & love both-the secenery at POR is gorgeous and the atmosphere of the Boardwalk is great. Since you are going for spring break I would hands down suggest you stay at the Boardwalk. Just the convenience of walking (or boating) to 2 parks is handy, plus walking out of Epcot after Illuminations instead of waiting for the bus is awesome. We've even walked thru Epcot & gotten the monorail to the TTC then the monrail to Magic Kingdom just to avoid the bus (it does take longer than waiting for the bus but to us it's more fun:) The rooms are also a little bigger at BW than they are at POR which might come in handy for your family. Either way, they are both great, have a terrific time whichever you decide!