• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR to Chef Mickeys how long?

Auntyaya

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at the POR May 18-22. I am wanting to get reservations at either Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for the character breakfast. What is the earliest I should book for? When do the busses start and about how long would it take to get to the restaurant? Thanks for your help this will be our 3rd trip to Disney but the last one was almost 10 yrs ago when my daughter had her make a wish trip.

They earliest TH ADR is I think 8:00AM. My girlfriend and I had an 8:15 ADR, we were out by the bus at POR by 7:20 just to be safe. The timing ended up working out great since we didn't feel rushed walking fromt he gate of AK to the restaurant. We love ADR's that are either before the park opens or let us out after the park closes, it makes for very peaceful walks and great photo-ops without many people in the way. I believe the buses start to run an hour before the first ADR.

CM's is basically the same deal (not sure what time the first one is). Take the bus from POR to MK, then walk to CR. As a rule of thumb, we give ourselves about an hour to get from point A to point B. It usually leaves us more than enough time and we don't ever feel rushed.

As for which is better, TH or CM, my girlfriend and I are split. She insists on CM's and I liked the overall experience at TH better. In the end, when it comes to breakfast, you really can't go wrong.

I would allow an hour to get from resort to ADR. Enjoy POR, we love it there.

I was able to get ADR's for 7:00 am and for 7:25 am on May 18th, I will cancel one of course but I don't know if the buses are running an hour before these times.

Chef Mickey's starts serving at 7:00 I believe. There used to be a bus that circulated the resorts to take people to character breakfasts that were occuring before the parks opened.

You might check the Transportation Board to see if that is still the case.

A cab from POR to the Contemporary would be about $15 give or take.

We had a very early Chef Mickey's ADR a few years ago, we went out to the bus stop and sure enough a bus came along that said Magic Kingdom and the driver actually took us right to the CR. I am sure they still have this, early morning ADR's are common.

I would save yourself the trouble and worry, and just take a cab for about $12-$15. It should only take about 15 minutes. Happy planning!

DH and I took taxis a couple of times for the beginning of our days. It meant that we didn't have to get up at or before 6 AM every day. Sometimes, spending a little extra money is worth it.

You can take a taxi but we have always used Disney transportation and been fine( bus to MK and then monorail) or if there is an early bus to MK it is just a short walt to the CR.If I were you before I spend money on the taxi just ask the cast members at the concierge if it is possible to use Disney transportation so you know were you stand. They are always very helpfull and thats what they are there for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter