POR staying for the first time

ScoobySMC

Hold the ship captain, I yonder see a ship!!!!
Were staying at POR for the first time in March, did we make a wise decision on where to stay at?? popcorn::

In my opinion, YES!! I have stayed at POR about 8 times and have reservations for November 2009. My family members won't allow us to stay anywhere else (we don't ever go deluxe). Never had any issues with food court, buses or rooms. Every time but 1 have been in building 24, usually without asking. It is near the West Depot and far from the main building. Have always had a car so we like that parking is close at hand there. Also like being near quiet pool.

Most of my family will tell you that their favorite ride at WDW is not HM or POTC or SM or EE. They will tell you that it is the boat ride from POR to DTD. We do it multiple times each visit.

We have stayed at POR riverside twice and loved it. Beautiful grounds, nice pool area and food court. I felt like we waited a little longer for buses but not unbearable. I would stay there again although I would like to stay at some others first.

POR is our second favorite. It's actually my DD's favorite. We usually do a cabin which we like for the space. But for a one room stay POR is great. The resort is beautiful; very quiet and relaxing. We have not had problems with buses. Food options are good. We have been pleased with the cast members.

Have a great time!!

If you looked at photos of the resort, like the amenities and the theme of the resort, then yes you made the right choice no matter what resort you pick. I say this because (IMHO) people put to much importance on what they read on the boards. Bus waits, mousekeeping and CM staff issues are hit and miss at all resorts and also depends on the person writing the review some dust in the room or waiting 15 minutes for a bus is unacceptable to them. Just go there and have a great time, your at WDW:yay:

Most definitely you made the right choice. We stayed POR our last visit and we were really impressed. The boat ride to DTD, the crazy fellow on the piano at the bar (my kids LOVED him!), the pools, mousekeeping, the quiet... I could go on but you get the idea.

Thank you all for your info. I knwo what you mean about putting to much faith in what you read on the boards, because ive read alot of horror stories about it. So i just needed a little reassurance!! Thanks again to everyone :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter