POR Room

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
This is my first stay at POR. I did not request a building or room on my reservation. I have a garden view room. Is there any way of knowing which section of the resort I will end up in?

i will be staying there for the first time next March. My sister, who has been there before, requested the Alligator Bayou section, as she likes that section the best. i suspect they will put you wherever they have an open room, unless you specifically request a certain section.

Unless the size of your party requires the Bayou section I think you can be in any building (maybe not preferred or Royal rooms). I believe that at POFQ all the building have some garden views. Andre's site www.portorleans.org has pdfs. with floor plans for every building showing room categories.

No! We have stayed at POR many times. For a while they were putting us in Alligator Bayou, then they started putting us in the mansions. We actually like the Magnolia Mansion the best, it's a short walk over a bridge and past the main pool to the lobby/food court.

You can certainly call Disney and put in a request if you would like a particular building/area. I have found that they usually ignore my requests, but at check-in, if I ask for a specific area, they are always able to accommodate me (note we typically go during slow periods).

Unless the size of your party requires the Bayou section I think you can be in any building (maybe not preferred or Royal rooms). I believe that at POFQ all the building have some garden views. Andre's site www.portorleans.org has pdfs. with floor plans for every building showing room categories.

We are 3 adults and 1 child. Was hoping with one of the rooms with a Murphy bed. Do all the rooms have them?

We are 3 adults and 1 child. Was hoping with one of the rooms with a Murphy bed. Do all the rooms have them?
If you want a Murphy bed I suggest you phone reservations and add that request to your res. around 4-5 days before arrival you can send a fax to room assignor stating your request as well. The fax # is on the first page of por thread.

We fax requests a week before. We like to stay in AB. They always accommodated us. We choose pool view and the rooms walk right out to quiet pool.

This is all great advise! I'll be sure to either fax or call prior to our arrival. Thanks!

I have always called in my reservation and indicated the building then. I prefer the personal contact so I go to the desk for check-in. A couple times I was assigned somewhere else but they easily moved it to "my building" upon request. Of course I ask for one of the most un-requested buildings at AB (standard room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter