POR preferred room with 5 ?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SHOREDAD, Feb 23, 2013.

1. SHOREDAD

SHOREDAD Mouseketeer

We have a preferred room booked at POR in August. We are 5 people DW, DS14, DS7, DS5 and me DH. Will we be put in a room with a murphy bed? Or could we be put in a room with 2 queens and a roll-away. We went two years ago and stayed at POR in a standard room. We were in the Mansions section, not sure of building number, but we were right by the bridge where the main pool is. Anyway we thought we would get a room with a trundle, we didn't, they said DS5 who was 3 at the time, didn't count towards room occupancy. THey tried to charge for the roll away but I asked if they could waive the fee and they gladly did. So since my youngest is now 5 will we be put in a room with a murphy bed? I know nothing is guaranteed.

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

All of the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section, and that is the section that has the murphy beds in the rooms.

I haven't stayed in the new and improved rooms, but from what I have seen in pictures, you will need to be very organized in order to not go crazy. They took some of the drawer space away when they put in the new murphy beds.

4. SHOREDAD

SHOREDAD Mouseketeer

Thanks, we are driving so maybe we can store some empty luggage in the car. We don't spend a lot of time in the room and the murphy bed will be better than the roll away we had last time. Talk about cramped:crazy2: