POR or Rent Points?

AlwaysEeyore

Always Gloomy . . . except in "The World"
DH & I are taking our 1st trip without the kids this Novemeber. We booked 4 nights at POR with a AAA discount for about $660.00. We could rent a studio at a DVC resort for around the same price. We have never stayed at POR or any of the DVC resorts. We go back to Disney with the kids (4 years & 7 months) at least once a year, would we be better off waiting for either one with the kids? I don't like to stay in the same hotel more than once.

Which would you do?

If its running about the same price I'd stick with POR. With DVC you don't get daily housekeeping.

Try renting the points. Since you won't have the kids along, this would be a good chance to see how DVC works. We rented points for several years and finally bought in this year. The studios are perfect for couples.

sajetto said:
If its running about the same price I'd stick with POR. With DVC you don't get daily housekeeping.

Thanks!
I'm the type of person who always makes the bed anyway so that may not be a big deal for 5 days.

Well, if its not a problem just rent points...what are your travel dates? What DVC resort are you looking for?

I'd do POR this time and save the renting points for the next time the fam goes. Your could rent points for a 1-bedroom and that way have some privacy for both the kids and you.

js

We are going 11/4 - 11/8. We are taking a leisure trip, only 3 days in the parks and 2 days to explore and relax. I would stay at any of the DVC resorts because I haven't tried them yet. It will be mine & DH 10 Year "dating anniversary".
We are planning a big trip with kids and MIL for December 2008 and we will be renting points and getting at least a 2 bedroom. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do a whole day with the MIL.

AlwaysEeyore said:
We are going 11/4 - 11/8. We are taking a leisure trip, only 3 days in the parks and 2 days to explore and relax. I would stay at any of the DVC resorts because I haven't tried them yet. It will be mine & DH 10 Year "dating anniversary".
We are planning a big trip with kids and MIL for December 2008 and we will be renting points and getting at least a 2 bedroom. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do a whole day with the MIL.

If you truly want to relax may I suggest SSR and renting points. What I love about this resort is its quiet and peaceful setting. We love the spa, exercise rooms,romantic carriage rides and the ease of eating in DTD. Oh yes and my dh loves a round of two of golf. We enjoy going to the parks but are grateful to have a place to get out of the hectic pace and love having a peaceful atmosphere to relax. KWIM.

When you go on your trip with your MIL may I suggest you go for some nice long walks in the evening with your dh so you can decompress a little. :rotfl2: You have more guts than I and thats all I'm going to say on the subject. :thumbsup2

Well then, you can take some time to decide. Those dates aren't really busy and you'll most likely get into either your first or second choice of DVC resorts. They are all great so you can't go wrong with any of them. Good luck! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter