POR or POFQ?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Kristin3021, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Sydneykatesmama

Sydneykatesmama Earning My Ears

Which would you prefer with a 4 yo ?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Shaden

Shaden Registered

Thank you for this, one of my absolute pet peeves is that people constantly overstate the length of walks at resorts. Though POR is bigger then FQ there are still many rooms closer to the main buildings than rooms at FQ. Likewise while FQ is smaller, it is much more crowded and stacking 3 stories of rooms instead of two at POR, more people in a smaller space proportionately.

We would choose POR over FQ though both are great resorts.

We like the grounds of POR much more as well as the outdoor themeing. The pool (pools) and food options at POR are considerably better at POR. Usually.you also get a much bigger discount at POR than at FQ.

4. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

You guys must walk slow. I've stayed in the back 40 - nearly the very last room in the very last building in AB at POR and the walk was only about 10 minutes to the Food Court for me once I figured out how to get there - I did get lost my first time. LOL.

I love POR much better than POFQ so I would stay there, OP. I reaffirmed that on my September trip when I stayed at POFQ.

That food court drove me nuts as did the big crowds at the one and only bus stop at POFQ.
    I was very thankful I had a rental car because after experiencing that bus stop at POFQ once, I drove - even to the TTC to go to MK.

5. kydisneyfans

kydisneyfans <font color=blue>It may be because they are too em

Just got back today from POFQ. This is my favorite Disney resort of the 8 we have stayed at.

I went to the PORR food court based on everyone's thoughts, and really was disappointed. I liked the POFQ food court better.

The bus service left a bit to be desired, and loved the boat to DT Disney.

The big advantage of POFQ is that everything is very close.

6. Shaden

Shaden Registered

OK, I would REALLY like to know what you were disappointed about ?

Because the POR foodcourt offers, more selection, a greater seating section, and generally better all around service to the POFQ.

Did something go wrong ???

Let us know.

7. kydisneyfans

kydisneyfans <font color=blue>It may be because they are too em

Nothing went wrong, POFQ had more dinner type items that weren't sandwiches. I just didn't see many more selections at PORR than POFQ. Seating was never an issue at POFQ, food was prepared quickly, and we never waited more than about 30 seconds in line.