POR or CSR? Help!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by luckypup, Mar 11, 2013.

1. luckypup

luckypup Mouseketeer

Can't decide please help! DH, DD (13) and me for 5 days in May. Last two stays YC and BWI- will miss Epcot area but just can't afford this time. Will have car, but normally use Disney transportation 90%. Will do all parks and DTD and resort pool too. Input please!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Princess_Belle

Princess_Belle DIS Veteran

I am in the same dilemma, I have stayed at POR the past 2 times and LOVED IT!! It is beautiful!! Counter Service is great! The bost to DTD is great!! But I wanna try something new and CSR has appeal to me. I'm just scared of the size and the counter service. We usually book preferred at POR so we are close to everything and that's not available at CSR during our travel times. So I don't know what to do.

If you go with POR, you won't regret it. It's a beautiful resort.

4. geckodani

geckodani DIS Veteran

Tough choice! I like the rooms and the pool at CSR better than POR, so I'd lean CSR.

5. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Request Casitas #4. It is the first building not preferred, and still very close to the restaurants. Another plus is that the bus stop behind Casitas #4 is the first stop picked up and dropped off.:)

I love both POR and CSR. You can't make a bad choice.:)

6. nkereina

nkereina Wendy Darling

Add me to the same dilemma! We have also stayed at POR twice and loved it, but are hesitant about CSR because we use the food court so often. We loved the food court at POR and I am skeptical about the Pepper Market and that whole concept.

7. shenaniganzz

shenaniganzz DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both at prefer CSR.

We found the bus service to be miles above at CSR. We were lucky to get a bus at POR (had to opt for taxi's several times to avoid missing ADRs) and at CSR I think we had to stand once our entire stay... the buses were often empty!

As for size, I felt like the times/distances were the same if not slightly worse at POR.

GL with your choice!

8. jwill

jwill Hockey playing Fly Boy

My last stay was at Csr and I really enjoyed but I give the nod to Por.To me I thought Por had a better food court and was a bit more picturesque. Csr starts out pretty but toward the back of the resort with the desert southwest theming it feels barren. I know that is what they were going for in that area but I guess I prefer the lush greenery of Por.