POR - I Apologize In Advance

Maniacmous

Mouseketeer
As the title says, I apologize in advance for this, but I can't think of a better place to ask.

I'm looking to book a week at POR for my honeymoon, and I frequently see people posting about special room requests and the like. This leads me to a few questions.

First question: as it'll be the first time for both my fiance and I at Disney, I want to make the whole experience as magical as I can for her, so are there any spectacular view rooms or recommendations for me (as well as if it is a standard or water view listing - I only ask so I know what to book for)? I'm a little overwhelmed by all the choices, and while I've reviewed the FAQ thread until my head exploded, I'm still not all gathered up.

Second Question: would a first floor room totally kill any hope of a beautiful view from the hotel room at POR? I don't know the layout too well of the resort (regardless of all the pictures I've scanned on the internet), so I don't know if I will see anything pretty from ground floor or not. This all leads me to question 3:

Third question (and the one I really apologize for): how bad are the footsteps and sounds transmitted from upper floors to lower floors at POR? Tasteless as it may be to ask in a forum like this (and in my first post here no less), I am aware that certain things will occur on one's honeymoon, and I honestly and truly don't want to potentially ruin anyone else's Disney magic with a bad night's sleep.

So yeah, to summarize: I'm looking for room recommendations for a magical time at POR (we are aiming for middle/late June if that matters), whether a first floor room request would be necessary in the first place (for reasons above) and whether or not it would have any chance of being granted without medical reasons (as I imagine first floor rooms would be most likely to be handicapped accessible).

Again, if this is in poor taste, I really do apologize, I lay myself at the mercy of the wisdom of the board. :worship: Thanks in advance.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about asking for a particular view. What I think you'll want is a King bed room and that should be your first request. It's not like you'll have a balcony or anything, so you don't exactly sit and look at your view. The deluxes are where a view matters more (to me). The landscaping at POR is lovely.

As far as noise levels, I've stayed on ground floor and upper levels at POR and really didn't notice a difference in what I heard from other rooms. Try to be discreet and your neighbors will never know.

Make sure to get "Just Married" buttons when you check in. Many people will congratulate you. My DD15 always aims to find newlyweds or those celebrating an anniversary to give our unused FastPasses to when we leave a park.

Congratulations and Welcome to the DIS!

We had a first floor room at POR last time and did not notice any noise at all from nieghbors anywhere. This is a great resort for a honeymoon because it is so beautiful and quiet. We enjoyed the view from our first floor room. I don't think water view rooms are worth the money here because it's just not that great of a water view. If you want privacy, don't request one of the closer buildings. The bus stops are not very far away from any place on the property. BTW we stayed in the Aligator Bayou section and LOVED it!! Absolutely beautiful. If you want beautiful grounds and seclusion, you might request being in the AB section.

Thanks for the help. Discretion was and is my M.O. anyway, but as I said, I've never been there, and while I'd not expect paper thin walls or floors, you really never know until you've been there. Just trying to do the best I can to make sure everyone (us and everyone around) has the best time they can!

king bed rooms in alligator bayou usually are corner rooms so you will have two windows.

I just have to laugh at this because we stay at hotels with three young kids and have to worry about our "noises". That being said I was worried about our room on our honeymoon but we were so exhausted from all the running around right before the wedding that "noises" was kept at a minimum for the pleasure of SLEEP!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I just have to laugh at this because we stay at hotels with three young kids and have to worry about our "noises". That being said I was worried about our room on our honeymoon but we were so exhausted from all the running around right before the wedding that "noises" was kept at a minimum for the pleasure of SLEEP!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

We don't have issues with going immediately after the wedding - my fiance is a teacher, and because of the recent snowpocalypse, what was hoped to be an immediate honeymoon (her only having to burn the last day of the year) is now delaying our likely travel date by about a week and a half. We would have delayed the wedding itself to avoid these sorts of issues, but things fell so that our wedding date fell on the anniversary of our first day officially dating, so that was something cute and romantic that we found significant.

So yeah, to summarize: I'm looking for room recommendations
Or, to summarize in other terms - you're looking for THE perfect room :)

Sandi said:
Personally, I wouldn't worry about asking for a particular view. What I think you'll want is a King bed room and that should be your first request
Not a request. The OP should BOOK a king bed room. There are three categories of rooms at Port Orleans: standard, king bed, and water view. The latter two cost $15 extra per night (in value season, could be higher at peak times) over the price of a standard room.

Then REQUEST a location - like quiet/isolated - and/or a river (not just water) view room. There's no way to reserve multiple categories - like, say, king bed water view. Requests are never guaranteed, but by asking, and by specifying 'river' and not just 'water', it's possible to get one of THE perfect rooms - a corner room with a king bed and river view on the Alligator Bayou side of the property. Oh, right - corner rooms have windows on two walls, not just one :).

It's a solidly-built resort; Guests would have to be jumping from the bed to the floor and back to disturb Guests in the room below. Or you can just add 'second floor' to your requests. There are only two stories on the AB side, and no elevators; the Magnolia Bend buildings are four stories and do have elevators.

I think it wouldn't hurt to let the staff know both when making the reservation and at check-in that you are on your honeymoon. I really do feel they try to make things special for special occasions. You'll love Port Orleans... it's so beautiful.

BOOK the King bed as someone else already said.
REQUEST the water view, I think Magnolia is quieter.
DEFINITELY tell them it is your Honeymoon
As far as "noise" goes, don't give it a 2nd thought.

Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding!
Welcome to the DIS!

Wishing you both a FANTASTIC MAGICAL MEMORY making Honeymoon.

Por is Beautiful and our favorite resort:
take a romantic carriage ride one evening....
see the piano guy (mon nights?) in the bar area, later is when he caters more to adults.
WEAR those "Just Married" Pins everywhere (if they don't offer it to you on check in, don't be shy, ask if they have any!!) ;)
You will likely get many "surprises" while wearing them.
(be sure to visit the poly for the ceremonial lighting, easy from MK on the monorail, grab one of those fun drinks and relax or walk around, its a beautiful place to visit if you have a bit of time, totally worth it. very romantic at night!)
Again, Best of Luck to you both! I hope you love the resort as much as we do...

I just wanted to add that if you stay in the Mansions portion of POR. They have an elevator so getting to 2/3 floor is not a prob no matter how late or how tired you are. I believe they have King rooms as well.

They are very quite and very nice.

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding.:cool1:

Twice I have been in the king bed rooms in the Mansion side. They are also corner rooms with two windows.....I was facing the woods both time - one word, breath-taking......

And it is done, dates booked, deposit in. Did it online though (I'm at work), so I'll have to call at some point later and make specific room requests. On a side note, payment information is a little thin - if I call to make room requests and whatnot, does anyone know if they will just take the balance remaining out of my checking account over the phone - I didn't see an option for that online, and being just out of college, my CC limit is sucktastic. I know I can do periodic payments, but ultimately, if I can just get it done with now, that would be preferable for me.

And it is done, dates booked, deposit in. Did it online though (I'm at work), so I'll have to call at some point later and make specific room requests. On a side note, payment information is a little thin - if I call to make room requests and whatnot, does anyone know if they will just take the balance remaining out of my checking account over the phone - I didn't see an option for that online, and being just out of college, my CC limit is sucktastic. I know I can do periodic payments, but ultimately, if I can just get it done with now, that would be preferable for me.

No, you would have to send them a check, or you would have to do a transaction through your bank, like pay by phone.

I like to pay mine off early too - I use a travel fund I put money into every month, and then supplement with my tax return. My December trip is already paid off.

And if for any reason they STILL won't take your money (shocking, I know - Disney not taking our money in advance when we're volunteering it!), you can buy Disney Gift Cards on their websites, and even at some retail stores - and not just Disney Stores! I'm relatively certain shipping is free and they don't expire, so you can do your own verson of prepay if necessary. Which reminds me - I need to start buying JetBlue gift cards...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter