POR Carriage rides? Golf Lessons?

rauchfamily3

Earning My Ears
I have a carriage ride scheduled for 9 PM on our first night at Disney. (we're staying ASMu) My plan is to go to DTD for dinner and some light shopping, then take the boat to POR and do our carriage ride (it's a surprise for DS and DH). So, has anyone taken a carriage ride? Is it worth the money?

Also, I'm thinking of making arrangements for a golf lesson for DH too. He loves golfing, but we cannot afford 150+ for him to play a game of golf while we are there, BUT I can afford 50 dollars for a private lesson. Has anyone done these?

One last thing, I'm also planning on our free day to go play mini-golf at Winter Summerland. Has anyone done this??

Just looking for some experiences with these activities... :) We're going in October if that makes any difference..

We stayed at POR in June earlier this year. We didn't do the carriage ride but we observed it while we were there. It looked really neat. We did do the boat from POR to DTD and back several times. It's a pleasant ride but it takes about 30 minutes so allow for that. Myself and another golfing partner with me did play a round at Eagle Pines which was really nice. POR provided taxi transportation to and from the course at no charge. I'm sure they will enjoy the surprize lessons but there is an alternative. We played at Eagle Pines in June at twilight hour (after 3pm) for $30. I checked the twilight hour (after 3pm) prices during October and came up with the following prices Disney LBV--$50, Disney Palm--$50 and Disney Eagle Pines for $65. Just wanted you to realize you didn't necessarily have to pay $150 to play a round of golf at a Disney course. Hope you enjoy your trip and wish you plenty of pixie dust!

doubled07

Rauchfamily3, what wonderful things you have planned for your family!

I have not taken the POR carriage ride, however I have taken the Fort Wilderness carriage ride (with my young daughter during our Mother/Daughter vacation). It was wonderful and I will definitely do it again: click here for a few photos.

My family and guests have also taken private golf lessons. We had a ball (no pun intended). My brother-in-law has been golfing since he could walk (he's an excellent golfer) and even he picked up a tip or two during the lessons. The rest of us ranged from absolute beginners (my son and my two girlfriends), to hackers (me), to moderate golfers (my sister and husband). Everyone had fun during the lessons and eventually was able to hit the balls fairly consistently (quite a feat for most of us). Your husband should really enjoy his golf lesson, have no fear.

We have mini-golfed at the one across the street from the Swan/Dolphin. It was a blast. I'm hoping we'll get to do Winter Summerland during one of these trips.

:( Unfortunately no golf lesson for hubby. Called today to schedule one and they are ending all lessons as of Sept 28th until after the Golf Classic in October. Ah well, it's ok though, there is a bright side!!! :cool: They have a military discount for golf, which is an amazing price, so he may get a full game of golf afterall (for even cheaper than the lesson would have been :eek: ) But to use the military discount, we can only book 24 hours in advance, so we'll see how things are going and go from there!! :)

Rauchfamily3, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your spouse will be able to get a round of golf in with a discount.

We took the carriage ride at POR during our stay this July. The kids really enjoyed it. It took us around the POR resort and was a half hour long. The driver talked to us a little. We are not a very talkative family so the drivers may play off of that. He just let us talk amongst ourselves which was nice. I think it was worth the money.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter