POR bus question

moonpie85

DIS Veteran
Okay so this will be our third trip to Disney but our first at POR. From all the reading I have been doing on the resort I learned that the South Depot was picked up first in the mornings after the POFQ stop. So I already decided that we would always go there when heading out and that way we would hopefully avoid some of the bus complaints (wishful thinking.) But then today I was reading over on Tripadvisor and some lady reported that they switched the bus schedule around and now South Depot is the last bus.

Is this correct? Recent change? When were you there last and what was it like then?:confused3

Let me put it this way--we stayed at POR week before last, rode the bus (more than once) everyday and I never could figure out the route it took within the resort. I honestly don't think we ever hit the stops in repeat order more than once or twice.
Sometimes it was South Depot, the rest of POR then to POFQ, somtimes South Depot would be the last stop, sometimes we didn't go to POFQ at all.:confused3

That being said though, we were extremely satisfied w/ the buses there...never had to wait long and they were never just overly crowded.

Let me put it this way--we stayed at POR week before last, rode the bus (more than once) everyday and I never could figure out the route it took within the resort. I honestly don't think we ever hit the stops in repeat order more than once or twice.
Sometimes it was South Depot, the rest of POR then to POFQ, somtimes South Depot would be the last stop, sometimes we didn't go to POFQ at all.:confused3

That being said though, we were extremely satisfied w/ the buses there...never had to wait long and they were never just overly crowded.

Thanks for the info, we are leaving in one week for POR, and I have also been concerned about buses, this makes me feel soooo much better!

I agree. We were there last week of March and although it was difficult to figure out the bus route, it never added more than 5 minutes or so to the ride. The ride is also quite pleasant, so it didn't bother us one bit. We stayed in the mansions, so often, we would get on the bus at South depot (beautiful walk in the morning) and get off at the end of the day either at South or at the East depot, closer to our building.

I was worried about bus service but we were really quite happy with it. Never waited too long at all.

I was there May 14-18 and it was the first time in 20+ trips that I experienced unsatisfactory bus service. Waits for some parks were 40 minutes + before I gave up and went somewhere else. Here's hoping it was a fluke and that your trip is better!

Thanks for the info, we are leaving in one week for POR, and I have also been concerned about buses, this makes me feel soooo much better!

It's actually the first time in a while we've stayed at POR--usually we stay at CBR but changed due to the pool construction. We were actually really pleased w/ the buses and although it could have been our imagination, it seemed like we got to the parks alot quicker (with the exception of AK). Usually when you leave MK it seems to take forever to get back by scenic route of kennels/Poly/golf course/raceway, but to get back to POR we didn't even go that route. MUCH preferred after a long day w/ tired feet!:thumbsup2

Just came back from POR, I agree with the previous posters, I can not figure out the route!!!! It always changed. As for waiting 40 minutes, I did not do that, but was at the bus stop (south) 1 hour before rope drop to be sure to get there on time. I did make it everytime but it seemed like the bus I wanted was never going to come (espeically Epcot). I did hear complaints of people who wanted to make very early am breakfasts before the parks opened officially-buses were not showing up.

hope this helps

PS. I would stay here again as I have two times before!!!

North depot was the last stop when we were there.
We did not have the greatest bus service, but we were still in Disney, so how bad could it be?
Getting home from the parks is probably the worst for ANY resort, but the lines were really long, and the buses not that plentiful.
Enjoy your trip!!

I was at POFQ May 3rd-10th. There never seemed to be a rhyme or reason to the bus routes. I purposely picked POFQ again, because I knew it was the first bus stop going to and from the parks, but in May that did not hold true. Sometimes we got on an empty bus and sometime it had PORS people already on it. If we did go to PORS, sometimes we went to the main stop (south?) first and sometimes we started over in the mansions and went around that way. It seemed like it changed daily. One afternoon I was coming back from the DTD early and even though the stop at DTD said POFQ/PORS the driver stopped at PORS, then drove right past POFQ on his way to Blizzard Beach. We had about four families that started yelling. He said he "forgot to stop at POFQ", but now had to go on to Blizzard Beach and after that he'd drop us all back off at POFQ. Everyone started yelling at him, he then said he couldn't turn around, but did finally turn in at DTD, made a loop, and then took us all back to POFQ. He seemed rather put out that we didn't want to go to Blizzard Beach, before going back to POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter