POR-Boatwrights?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We are going to be eating at Boatwrights on our upcoming trip, what is good there? We are going for dinner.

i don't think anything is good there. You couldn't pay me to eat there actually. The smell is awful and musty, and the servers were rude. Our food was almost inedible.

Maybe pick another place! :-)

DH liked the catfish. I am a total non-spicy-food fan so a restaurant with a Cajun theme was NOT my choice, but I had a great meal with the beef tenderloin medallions. It came with some asparagus and "adult macaroni" (pasta shells with white cheddar sauce). Yummy! The only thing I didn't like was what was listed as a "crayfish beignet". Heavy, greasy, and just nasty. But that was only 1 little element of an otherwise good dish.

I couldn't disagree more with a previous poster. Our server was good, food was good...I got the filet and my hubby got the pork chip. Both were good!

DH had the beef medallions and enjoyed them very much. I had a pasta dish that you can get with shrimp or chicken but I just had it with the veggies and I loved it. The french onion soup and caesar salad is the same you would get anywhere else, they were tasty. The highlight of the meal was the dessert.....bread pudding with rum raisin ice cream. Better than Ohana dessert.

We enjoyed it so much we are planning on going back in Oct for our arrival night dinner

I just ate there 2 weeks ago and had the beef medallions and Mac and cheese too. The beef tasted good but the Mac and cheese was too al dente. I felt the portion was small for the price and the children's selections looked awful. My DS had the pizza and it was the worst we had all trip. I ended up sick all night after we ate there and do not know if it was from the food, a bug I picked up or both.

We're spending a weekend at POR in October for the F & W festival. I've been saying bad things about Boatwrights since the last time we ate there, maybe two years ago.

I just checked their menu on Disney's site and may give it another chance. The menu looks pretty good and has a bit more variety.

Good luck making your decision.

:)

We ate there on our last trip, and it was delicious! I had the prime rib, which was melt in your mouth good. And the cornbread was sooooo yummy! I couldn't stop eating it. :blush:

The service was also excellent, and super nice. We were there on our first night of our honeymoon, and they brought us out champagne. We were so appreciative, but told our server we don't drink. She came back a few minutes later with balloons, beads, and sparkling cider.

just ate there 8-29-12 ,7 of us, food was very good 4 had the prime rib 10 oz cut one had pork chop ,one had fish no complants service was good no smells , i would eat here again anytime .

We've eaten there several times- the only issue I've had was ordering poorly- the jambalya is spicey for me, but I was warned. The cornbread and the pecan pie would make me forgive them of just about anything!

Thanks everyone for your reviews, I think we are going to keep it. We will be staying at POR and this fits our schedule and budget for this trip!

We had reservations for one dinner there last trip. Had such a good meal that we ended up there twice!!

Best prime rib ever!! And sauteed mushrooms, and cornbread....mmmmm...now I'm hungry!

I also like that it was not crowded and very laid back.

DH and I have eaten there several times, and love it! The only thing I didn't love was dessert, the Banana Foster... but DH had the pecan pie and I love that!

This is our must go to place every trip. we are staying at coranado springs this year and we are making a special trip to eat at boatwrights. We love the service always nice and we love love love the food. DH and I tend to lean tward the prime rib. DS likes the catfish. I do have to say though that because it is heavly seasoned, if you don't like spice or salt you might want to ask for it to be toned down. But over all... we LOVE this restaurant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter