POR---Bad House Keeping?!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by peainapod, Oct 11, 2013.

1. midge3426

midge3426 Mouseketeer

We were there the second week in September and the housekeeping was passable, but not up to Disney standards. The room was presentable, but there was garbage by the beds and corners that was not ours. There were not enough towels. I had to leave a note several times requesting towels. We had five people in our party and consistently they left four bath towels, four wash rags, two hand towels, and a floor towels. That is not enough for five people, especially teenagers. We were there for a week and never had our sheets changed. Disney is suppose to change your sheets on the fourth night and that did not happen. And I have a pet peeve and very few housekeepers do this and that is to empty the water out of the ice bucket and give me a fresh bag. That is extremely annoying. Also, the ice machine in building 18 has really bad smelling and tasting ice. I don't know if it is just the Florida water or the ice machine and filter need a serious cleaning, but it was horrible. It was doubly horrible because refilling your mug at the food court was a lesson in futility. The beverage area was always horribly crowded and when you got there, you could only get a cube or two of ice. As you can tell, I love ice in my beverages. We ended up going to the Hess station for our beverages.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. glammadiva

glammadiva DIS Veteran

Never had an issue at POR. Did have am issue at a Beach Club. There had been a computer glitch and the room was not supposed to have been released. Immediately moved to another room. If I walk into a dirty room on check-in, I would take pictures and go back to the front desk for assistance.

4. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

POR is a favorite for us. We love it there! All common areas are very clean, and it makes you "feel good" to walk there.

However - if you stay in the AB section, your rooms are clean. The shower is extremely clean & the bathroom sparkles.
    BUT - if you stay in the Mansion buildings - the shower does not have the clean, clean, clean or the sparkle that the AB rooms have.

I think the Housekeeping managers need to do some unannounced room checks for cleanliness. They would be shocked at the difference - even in a Royal Rm - of what CLEAN means. AB section wins!

I am surprised that the personnel who run the resort haven't noticed the difference in the cleaning crews.

5. DJFan88

DJFan88 DIS Veteran

I didn't notice anything wrong with POR. Our housekeeping in Magnolia was fine and thought all the common areas looked great. But then again, I wasn't looking for anything, so it would've had to hit me on the head, Disney bubble....I guess.

6. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

I wasn't looking for anything wrong either. We LOVE POR! The common areas are very clean, as I stated in my last post.

We stayed in both the Mansions & AB this summer. The difference in housekeeping was very, very noticeable in the bathroom areas. We were surprised that one shower was soooooooo clean & the next one was dirty to the point of questioning whether to wear shower shoes in the shower.

We cleaned the shower ourselves, so it wasn't a big deal. We bought a scrub brush & cleaning supplies at a nearby Target.

My signature tells how I feel about POR! Love it, love it, love it! :goodvibes

7. DJFan88

DJFan88 DIS Veteran

No, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. Just that I really don't notice that unless it's real bad. In fact the only time I really had any problem at Dis was when we had a mold issue at CBR and even then I didn't notice until I got sick.

I was actually thinking more about the common areas on that.

I think it really probably depends on who's on. I do however notice, sometimes you get great towel refills and sometimes not. They do change from day to day, but I have had to round up towels before from a housekeeper, though only a couple of times.

Also, we do want to try AB next time just because I want to stay at a sooner bus since at the last stop last time we had some problems. My kids aren't thrilled as they liked Magnolia, so I hope the room is great so I don't get a "I told you so,."

8. That Mom

That Mom Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR in a Royal room last December and found a dirty pair of men's underwear in the bathroom on arrival. I immediately called housekeeping and a supervisor came and cleaned the bathroom. I carry Lysol wipes so I wiped everything else down again. That is the only issue we have had in 15+ trips but it was enough to gross me out a bit.

9. carmelhp

carmelhp Mouseketeer

We brought lysol and clorox wipes and scrup soap and didn't use any of it. The POR RGR we were in had great housekeeping (unlike our Pop experience, never again). We slept in one day and they left towels and soaps and shampoo on our door, and then came back and cleaned and left more after we went out. I was very happy with POR housekeeping. We did always leave a tip.

10. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

You just did. ;)

11. dlo1027

dlo1027 Earning My Ears

never had bad mousekeeping at riverside!

12. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Haven't stayed at POR, but POFQ housekeeping was wonderful!

Walked over to POR a few times, ate in food court, checked out arcade....found everything to be super clean in the common areas. :thumbsup2

13. MIGrandma

MIGrandma Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.

Well, the OP deleted her question/comment...but I gather we're talking about housekeeping at POR. ;)

I've stayed at POR 3 times, the most recent being two weeks ago for a week with my DD. Have never had a bad experience with a dirty room, dirty common areas, etc.

The only bad/awkward experience was this last time, we had quite a bit of rain a couple days and one of the days we spent most of the afternoon in our room (housekeeping hadn't come in the morning while we were out) so rather than putting our "Privacy Please" card on the door (we knew they wouldn't come if we put it out) we left it off and just waited for her to knock and say "housekeeping" as most do. Well, we were laying on the beds watching TV and she just used her key and walked in. I thought DD had put the deadbolt over and she thought I had, and it didn't get done. The housekeeper was visibly upset that we were in the room. We tried telling her it was fine, and we grabbed our shoes, umbrellas and jackets and left for a half-hour or so, but she wouldn't even smile, at all. :(

And one day we just met housekeeping outside and did a towel exchange, but they did ask how many sets we wanted, and if we needed more soap, shampoo, etc. and asked if we needed our trash dumped.