POP Warner - when in December?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mcgill93, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mcgill93

mcgill93 Mouseketeer

Oooh! I am starting to question my choice of planning this trip for December. We are going to be staying at WL from 12/11 to 12/17. Does anyone know when POP Warner is going to be there and how this might affect my stay? I heard WL is fully booked. Not sure if this is due to the holiday season or POP Warner. Help :confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. beccasmom

beccasmom DIS Veteran

I had heard that Pop Warner was during the second week of December this year, but I cannot confirm that. We were there the first week of December last year - as was Pop Warner - and everything was completely booked. However, I think there was a Disney fan trip of some kind there as well. We did not notice too many issues at the parks, except for MGM which seemed busier than usual.

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I think I've seen posts that have mentioned Pop Warner as being 12/7-12/14. The WL is booked due to the holiday season more than anything else. PW stays at the value resorts, with some flowing over into POR/POFQ. I would say you're fine with your dates as you shouldn't be affected as far as PW is concerned ;).

5. suzimar57

suzimar57 Miss my Happy Place.

we'll be at Pop during the pop warner week (dec 5 - 13) - not worried, figure they'll be at practice during the day and at the parks during the night, so we'd miss them both ways

6. mcgill93

mcgill93 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your replies! I'll keep my fingers crossed!:)