Pop Warner Resorts

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BklynGirl, Jun 21, 2013.

1. BklynGirl

BklynGirl Earning My Ears

Does anyone know which resorts the Pop Warner crowds will be at in December? Looking to avoid the crowd as much as we can. I was thinking about Coronado?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. JGoin

JGoin Mouseketeer

All Star resorts, from what I remember...

4. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

In 2012, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. POR was under rehab at the time.

In 2011, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.

In 2010, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the same as 2010.

5. Maleficent Dragon

Maleficent Dragon Member Since 2004; lost previous login details

For 2013 it is All-Stars with overflow to Pop and Port Orleans Riverside with overflow to the French Quarter.

6. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

Just realized we're book at POFQ during Pop Warner week. How bad are the crowds? We were between the POFQ & Coronado resorts, should we switch?

7. carverebain

carverebain Earning My Ears

During my trip at Disney in 2012, they were also at Pop Century. But I think that was just overflow from the All-stars.

8. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

I this for certain? I did not see anything posted on the Pop Warner site

9. 221Newman

221Newman Earning My Ears

Thinking of going down either the first or second week in December. It looks like the pop warner teams head down in December. Does anyone know which week in December they go?

10. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

According to their website, it's December 7 - 14 this year.

11. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

CBR is soldout of standard & water view rooms that week and has been for some time so I would bet on that for the moderate.

12. Buddy18

Buddy18 Mouseketeer

The resorts have not been officially announced as of this time. They don't usually announce them until fall.

13. nkereina

nkereina Wendy Darling

Actually, POR's refurb was completed before Pop Warner 2012. Its speculated they went to CBR that year because many people were choosing POR due to the refurb/royal rooms, POR now has significantly less standard room inventory to groups due to the addition of the royal rooms, and with everything being new at POR they didn't want to send the rowdy group there.

I would suspect CBR this year as the choice mod this year again, with CSR for overflow like they did last year. CBR's rooms are blocked that week like PP said, and the lack of standard rooms at POR is not changing since the royal rooms are a permanent fixture. Plus, CBR and CSR could use refurbishment in the near future. I think CBR is undergoing some minor refurbishments now but it doesn't seem to be to the degree of the POR ones. Value resorts will likely still be the All Stars.

Nothing is confirmed until the resorts are announced in mid-Fall, but I'd be very surprised if they chose POR due to their standard room inventory. And I'd be even more surprised if they allowed overflow at POFQ. POFQ has picked up in popularity recently, so much so that some recent discounts blacked out POFQ. Plus POFQ costs a couple extra bucks per night due to the recent spike in popularity. No way they are going drop a notorious rowdy group like PW on what is arguably their most popular mod recently.