POP Warner in March? Anyone know when?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
DH thought he heard that POP Warner kids will be in the parks and resorts during our stay in March.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Pop Warner kids are there in December. March you will run into cheerleading competitions.

Remember...football is a fall sport...Pop Warner football takes over the value resorts the first few weeks of December. The various cheerleading and dance teams take over the value resorts in February and early March.

Ahh...thanks for the clarification; I don't think DH understood the difference. But on that same note, anyone have info about when these competitions usually are?

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

jpeka65844 said:
Ahh...thanks for the clarification; I don't think DH understood the difference. But on that same note, anyone have info about when these competitions usually are?

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Oh, he'll notice the difference. The parks will be full of the cutest 12-16 year old girls you have ever seen. DS was in teenage boy hormone heaven on our last trip.

Not that I will be staying at POP, but I hear a lot about POP Warner kids on this board. Could someone please enlighten me on who these elusive kids are?

Mcmouse said:
Does anyone have these dates for 2007 yet?

The UCA nationals are March 9-11th. At least that is for the younger ones. I know that that is not the last cheer competition for the Spring. That's all I know, we're supposed to go there with our daughter's cheer team that weekend. (I guess there is no way for us to avoid them this year! :rotfl2: )

You can try to call WDW to find out more, maybe.

Princess_De said:
Not that I will be staying at POP, but I hear a lot about POP Warner kids on this board. Could someone please enlighten me on who these elusive kids are?

I sure can. Stayed at POR in Dec. So did Pop Warner!!!! Supposed to have chaperones and parents to keep them in order and not ruin other guests holiday!!!! Well, 2.00am most mornings and even 4.00am one night!!! Security did nothing, too tired to make most of parks ( which were fine, kids at competitions). They should only allow them to stay at certain resorts and let the rest of know which these are. so we can avoid them!!! The "chapoerones were mostly "grown-up" cheerleaders and footballers busy reliving their glory days!!! Never again!!!!!

Maps05 said:
I sure can. Stayed at POR in Dec. So did Pop Warner!!!! Supposed to have chaperones and parents to keep them in order and not ruin other guests holiday!!!! Well, 2.00am most mornings and even 4.00am one night!!! Security did nothing, too tired to make most of parks ( which were fine, kids at competitions). They should only allow them to stay at certain resorts and let the rest of know which these are. so we can avoid them!!! The "chapoerones were mostly "grown-up" cheerleaders and footballers busy reliving their glory days!!! Never again!!!!!

Yikes!!! We're going with kids in the 5-9 year old range, so they will be with their parents and not running around after bedtime!!! I guess there'll be older ones, though, who wont be so well taken care of. I dont want to stay with the group, but of course my daughter does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter