Pop Warner and POP Century

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Tricialiv, May 18, 2007.

1. Tricialiv

Tricialiv Mouseketeer

We are staying at POP Nov 30-Dec 8th. I am not worried about Pop Warner at the parks, we have been there that week before and had no problem. But how is POP that week? Do tons of Pop Warner people make the resort a problem ex. really loud and crazy?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Cnrtygirl

Cnrtygirl Earning My Ears

I was wondering that too. We will be there Nov 28 - Dec 8. Hope to have a nice trip like we did 05, but we are getting to Disney about a week later this year. Hope you enjoy your trip.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

the Pop is never surpose to be on the list for these things.

but these teens or their parents know that Pop is closer than AS. If they are willing to pay the full price or even better book through CRO - then Disney can't get upset too much.

so yes there will be some - will it be like AS - NO!

5. maleficent28

maleficent28 Earning My Ears

We stayed at pop during pop warner week, and didnt have any problems at all. I was actually prepared for the worse in both the parks and hotel (the horor stories are out there about going during pop warner week), but we didnt have a problem the whole trip!!! :thumbsup2

6. sunnnshin

sunnnshin Earning My Ears

The only time we had a problem during Pop Warner week was trying to go to All Star Movies for lunch (hey, we stay at Boardwalk and miss the food court, so we visit ASM once every visit). The mass quantities of unsupervised youngsters on the bus made it a horrid trip. (Yelling, running back and forth down the aisles,falling on top of people on purpose on every turn, etc.) To top it off, by the time the bus had stopped at Sports, the bus was full again to go back to MK, so he never stopped at ASM. We ended up going all the way back to MK. (We were in the back of the bus. If we are first on we always go as far back as possible to make it easiest for the rest of the people to get on.)

On the bright side, when we told the bus driver what had happened, he switched the bus to "VIP" and gave us a private trip back to ASM!.

Other than that, we hardly ever notice any effect from Pop Warner week, and we have been going the same time every year since 2001.

7. minnie61650

minnie61650 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Here are some quotes from the DISboards whenthe Pop Warner cheerleaders stayed at Pop in December 2004.

From this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12120909#post12120909

UPDATE:

Things seem to have gotten better in recent years:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1292219

8. Mr. Pig

Mr. Pig I picked Monorail Coral.

We stayed at POP last December (2006) while Pop Warner was going on and did not see any of them at POP in any organized way. They may have been staying there on their own but did not have any problems. The resort may have been a little more crowded for this time because of the Pop Warner taking a lot of rooms at the other Value's. Personally I would not worry about staying at POP but would stay away from the "official" Pop Warner resorts. I have not had bad encounters with any of the kids or adults from PW but I know other posters have so this is another hit or miss thing.