Pop Waner Resorts???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by momofkids, Apr 14, 2013.

1. momofkids

momofkids Mouseketeer

We are looking at checking out of Disney on 12/7/13. I see that Pop Warner runs from 12/7 to 12/14. When I was pricing rooms today, I found that standard rooms at CSR and POR are sold out already. They weren't the last time I played around on Disney's site. I was just wondering if Pop Warner could be the reason because I did find some availability if I excluded 12/7. Do they reserve blocks of rooms and turn them back later? Also, does anyone know what hotels Pop Warner will stay at this year?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

You can DEFINITELY count on All-Star Sports being one of them.:)

4. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Pop Warner is 12/7 to 12/13 so if you found rooms if you excluded 12/7, then they are probably not blocked for them. Last year they stayed at CBR and CSR for moderates and All Star for value.

I tried 12/8 to 12/14, CBR standard and water view is soldout, so that is probably one of their hotels. They would have to block the anticipated # of rooms, they can't end up with no availability for them.

5. momofkids

momofkids Mouseketeer

Our last day would be 12/7. I thought if the events started on 12/7 that they would block out 12/6 for rooms. Do they block extra and release the rooms back?

ETA: I found on the Mom's panel that they will actually be coming in on 12/6. It had a link to ESPN WWS which confirmed those dates. Hopefully someone will come along that has more information on the exact resorts.

6. GoofyMB

GoofyMB Mouseketeer

I have read that they usually do stay at AS Sports but wondering if that will change this year since I read that the food court there will be closed for refurb during that period. As long as they don't switch to where I am staying.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Allstars (Sports and Music for sure, probably Movies also) and CBR. Probably with some overflow to Pop and other moderates.