POP vs. POFQ?

all4kids

Earning My Ears
Our family which includes 5 kids ranging in age from 2 to 17 will be traveling to WDW from 10/15 to 10/21. We have a room booked at POFQ at full rack rates and are hoping for an AP discount to be out soon. The CM told us that they would apply the discount to the existing reservation. Nevertheless, we are still undecided whether to stay at POFQ or make a reservation for POP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Definitely read both of those FAQs if you want more info, they're a great read. If it's opinions you're looking for, I absolutely prefer POFQ over POP, mainly because it's really quite beautiful, has great bus service, and has a much more relaxed and quiet feel to it where POP is usually pretty bustling.

But that said I'd also recommend BW, YC, or BC over both so you have to draw the line somewhere as to what price works out for your budget. If you're okay with the price of POFQ, I'd say the extra expense is well worth it (especially if we get an AP rate) but if it's mainly the price that's worrying you then POP is certainly something to keep in mind.

We are a family group: 3 adults, girls age: 5, 7, 8 and 14 month old boy. We had to book two rooms and so the debate started. We are going from 10/16 -10/23. I have an Annual Pass and AAA club membership. My husband and I have stayed at the POFQ twice and love it! When we were there in May we made a visit to POP to check it out because of the cost difference. It is all the things they say: bright, colorful, get for kids eyes. With my AAA discount, 8 nights at POFQ is $2248 vs POP $1499 (at that point I wasn't counting on any AP discount being released and I missed the Best Rate program deadline by 1 day). What do I get for my $749? Smaller resort (easier for me to get around, I have a medical condition) closer to bus pick-up/drop off, coffee maker in each room, refrig in each room (at POP I would be renting at least 1 for $10 @ day), each room has two sinks, rooms ARE larger, (more storage space), shade around the pool (I burn easier, medications), slide at pool for kids, towels provided at pool (don't have to bring from room), resort has hot spa, also we can use all the facilities at PO Riverside and it is just a short boat ride/walk away. These are small, simple things, but they add up over a 9 day trip. But, you can buy alot more Disney for $749..... and the resorts have alot in common, same size beds, etc..but I would be exhausted because of the large POP layout, etc. Granted, everyone else in the family would be okay with POP, but they decided it was my vacation as well, so we picked POFQ. It has meant really tightening up the old budget, but we made it and everything will be prepaid before we get on the plane. Hurrah!

Really, look at what your family needs and what you expect from your vacation. To us the resort is a big part of the whole experience.

I want to take my adult children, 2 married, l single and a 3yo granddaughter, my DH & myself. Would love to stay at the Poly and pay for 3 rooms by myself and have my kids pay for park tickets, food and plane tickets. Or... I could probably book 4 rooms at POFQ and buy their meals, plane ticket and park tickets by myself. They don't really have a preference but I think they would love the Poly. It is just that they are buying houses, paying for speech for my autistic granddaughter etc. etc. Anyone have any opinions? I don't want them to say they could afford it and then have them regret going because they spent too much. Or, maybe they are better off than I think. lol. Think it would be easier with a big group at the Poly or is POFQ as managable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter