Pop vs. All-Star Movies

shyjade

DIS Veteran
I'm considering trying out the Pop on our next trip instead of returning to ASMo because so many Dis'ers seem to LOVE Pop.

Other than the obvious difference (no shared busses at Pop) and theming, are there any other noticeable differences between the two resorts? From the pictures I've seen, the resorts and rooms seem very much alike. Are the food courts similar too?

What makes YOU choose Pop over All Stars?

i tried pop last year loved it want to go next year and what takes me back too all star music is that i save about 200 dollar on the room

I like combo food court/gift shop. For some reason I find it easier to walk thru gift shop at end of park day at pop than at all stars. Also I feel Pop is more centrally located.

We love POP. Stayed at All-Stars once and POP was a better experience for our family. We use Disney transportation and had better luck at POP then at All-Stars.

I have stayed at both pop and all star movies. The room seemed the same size at both. Our family loves to take walks at night. You can't beat the beautiful lake at pop. It is just gorgeous at night. We also loved the all star but the lake makes pop extra special in my opinion. We live in the city so getting to see water and wildlife is fun for us!

I'm late to this thread and I know most prefer Pop but I prefer the All Stars, having stayed at both. The All Stars seem calmer to me, less guests, having 3 stories instead of 4. I've stayed at Pop a couple of times and was less than thrilled with the other guests last time - noise problems even though we were not on the pool side and an upper floor, guests being obnoxious and noticeable trash along the walkways, which I blame guests more than Disney for, sometimes I think it's hard to keep up with some people's behavior. Maybe I was unlucky that time and I WANT to love Pop as I'm a big Lady and the Tramp fan - but I chose the All Stars over it for our trip this summer.

Hope you all have better luck than I did!

To us, POP did not feel as much like Disney. The "icons" from each decade are cute, but we preferred staying at All-Star Movies where the "icons" were Buzz and Woody, Dalmations, Sorcerer Mickey Hat, etc. To us, that made it really feel like we were never leaving Disney.

To us, POP did not feel as much like Disney. The "icons" from each decade are cute, but we preferred staying at All-Star Movies where the "icons" were Buzz and Woody, Dalmations, Sorcerer Mickey Hat, etc. To us, that made it really feel like we were never leaving Disney.

We completely agree. I remember the first time we stepped into Pop to check-in, and there was a Dianna Ross song playing. I like the song, but that is just not what I want to hear when I'm walking into Disney. We much prefer ASMo to Pop, even with the buses. I will absolutely give Pop the upper-hand in the bus situation, but we didn't have a horrible time with buses at ASMo, so we're going back this year and staying at ASMo.

As a pp stated, we also had issues with noise at Pop, and we haven't when we've stayed at ASMo. The only thing I can think is that Pop is so much bigger than ASMo's, so maybe that has something to do with it. I prefer the layout, the food court (they're both similar though) and the smaller quantity of people at ASMo over Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!